2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 05:28 PM
newman1367
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tore the 46rh down to start the rebuild, rear clutch pack.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:14 PM
snowboundrmk
All Star

I bought a thermostat and gasket for my 5.9 build since my $5 Oreily's coupon from the rewards club was about to expire.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:22 AM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by Jigabop
yep you jerry rigged something...

exactly!!

what's the point of deleting the vacuum just to replace with compressed air?! its basically the same damn thing just reversed air flow and more unnecessary components!

techjockey quit being a damn cheap skate and go get a real posi-lok system!

works perfect right out of the gate and continues to work perfect!
Well I don't know just how much more money we are gonna put into this truck right now, cuz it's up for sale... Need a better truck for my daily driver, looking into getting a 3rd gen Cummins

But I have to be honest, I have been enjoying using 2wd and some sheer V8 RPMs and just letting 'er rip

Old 02-10-2014, 12:19 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,263 Likes on 3,010 Posts

Pulled a tractor out of the ditch in front of my house. He pulled over to let a truck pass, and got sucked into the snowbank. Took a couple yanks, but, got him out. I didn't really want his money, as it was RIGHT in front of my house... but, he gave me ten bucks anyway. (for five minutes work.....)

Today, I think I need to change some u-joints in the front axle. That should be fun.

Old 02-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Jigabop
Champion

that sucks...

I definitely don't want that job lol. been there and done that already...hubs are a PITA to take off!

I set a couple mouse traps in my truck yesterday.

sick of that damn mouse!

Old 02-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

that sucks...

I definitely don't want that job lol. been there and done that already...hubs are a PITA to take off!

I set a couple mouse traps in my truck yesterday.

sick of that damn mouse!
hubs are easy if you use the steering to pop it off.

those u joints are PITA no matter what

Old 02-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
hubs are easy if you use the steering to pop it off.

those u joints are PITA no matter what
riiight...

sorry bud, didn't work on my truck when I did mine

I had to torch off my ball joint to get the spindle + hub off, and then it literally took 20 tons of pressure on the press before the hub finally popped out of the spindle.

I was hiding behind stuff while cranking that press jack because of how much pressure was on it.

the steering can't provide 20+ tons of force. sorry bout it. steering trick does not always work for everyone.

Old 02-10-2014, 01:05 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

riiight...

sorry bud, didn't work on my truck when I did mine

I had to torch off my ball joint to get the spindle + hub off, and then it literally took 20 tons of pressure on the press before the hub finally popped out of the spindle.

I was hiding behind stuff while cranking that press jack because of how much pressure was on it.

the steering can't provide 20+ tons of force. sorry bout it. steering trick does not always work for everyone.
Thats what you get for living up north

Old 02-10-2014, 04:03 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,263 Likes on 3,010 Posts

Checked front axle joints. They are still tight, and GREASEABLE! So I did. Noise is still there. Think its the CV joint in the drive shaft... Truck is currently in the garage, letting it warm up a bit before I go out and see what my idle issue is all about. Going to clean the TB really good, and see if that helps. If not, replace IAC.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:38 PM
JayBurkman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i went to the local machine shop today and asked the nice man behind the counter if he could build me a 408 stroker he replied yes and stated he already had the crank rods pistons and block in stock and quoted me a price of 2000 dollars for a short block ready to go so i smiled handed him a bunch of fifty and was on my marry way oh yea he did try to sell me a pair of comp aluminum heads. i think i will decline .i have had my eyes on a set of iron pieces any way thats what i did for my 97 ram 1500 6in skyjacker .35 atx mastercraft soon to have 400+hp anybody wanna buy a 97 or 94 318 i have 2 booth need rebuild heads blocks good one has spun bearing both are longblocks no timing cover no valve cover no water pump ext you get the picture just a plain old short block ss wil trade for gen 2 360 long block as i need a good core

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?