2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 06:42 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, I did the old wash, clay bar, paint polish, wax deal today. Took me about four hours total. I do this twice a year in spring & fall and my now eight and a half year old truck still shines like new.

Getting dark, but I'll have to snap a pic or two in the morning...

Old 10-20-2012, 06:46 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Well, I did the old wash, clay bar, paint polish, wax deal today. Took me about four hours total. I do this twice a year in spring & fall and my now eight and a half year old truck still shines like new.

Getting dark, but I'll have to snap a pic or two in the morning...
Lots of day light left here in the Fitz.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:36 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Originally Posted by stewie01
Lots of day light left here in the Fitz.
East coast of Fla. is a good bit east of you. I notice in going back and forth from here to Douglas that it's darker a good 20 mins to half hour earlier here and lighter earlier.

I remember last year I was golfing at 7 am in Florida and that weekend we were putting the boat in the water in the dark at 7 am in Coffee County.

But in all honesty, I could have snapped a pic, but the sun was down enough that their wouldn't have been a POP in the shine off my kick-*** wax job, LOL...

Old 10-20-2012, 08:21 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Was all psyched about sanding down the bed and getting some roll on bed liner...started looking at all the dents, scratches and gouges and said to myself, "self, it would be a lot easier to just plop a bed liner in"...so myself looked on cl and lo and behold....someone was selling one about 40 mins. from me for $50. So, I got me an (almost) new over the rail Pendaliner bed liner with tailgate liner added. Some don't like bedliners, but my bed was just too fubar. PO use to haul wood and the bed is all jacked up. What? No pics? I'll plead the Hammer and say it was getting too dark.....

Side note: New wheels/tires, toolbox and bed liner all paid for by selling the original wheels/tires that came on the truck...no out of pocket expense for any of this....even had enough left over for a 12 pack of Sam Adams, of which I think there are 3 or 4 left....lemme see, nope only 3 left....

Old 10-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Ramcountryboy
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought a new rear passenger door today, mine was rusted out so bad it was just bed liner on the bottom anymore. New one is blue so i'll have to do some painting in the near future. Will feel good to get that taken care of finally!

Old 10-20-2012, 08:48 PM
redram2007
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did a royal purple oil change (already had it in the engine) but loved it and got a deal at advanced online for local store pickup for 7.05 a qt. Heck of a deal might wanna check it out guys/girls. Also pulled the diff cover off changed the fluid bc my pinion seal was leaking. I just hope i did it right i went the easy route and just marked everything and put it back the same way. I bought a new pinion nut but of course the threads werent cut the same as the other so i couldnt use it. Next weekend trans fluid/filter service and add a drain plug.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:51 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hauled hay with the truck today... And hoped I wouldn't lose 1st gear LOL...

Old 10-20-2012, 10:58 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by techningeer
Hauled hay with the truck today... And hoped I wouldn't lose 1st gear LOL...
You're going to be doing that swap sooner than you think.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:04 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One of my closest friends took his '08 2500 Cummins 4x4 to the tire shop today, it went in stock, and came out with a 4" lift, aftermarket wheels, and 35" Toyo M/T's. I will get a few pictures tomorrow when we take it up into the mountains.

In the mean time, I got his old wheels and tires, coils, u-bolts, lug nuts, and probably shocks for free. All the suspension stuff was boxed up, and I haven't gotten the chance to open it yet... The wheels are all curb rash free, and two of the tires are in decent shape. The other two... are bald to say the least lol. Most of their tread is still stuck to his wheel wells. Anyway, free stuff rocks!

I think I will put the coils in my ram, because after the bumper install my front end dropped slightly. Should bring it back up an inch-ish.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:44 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Sat my happy *** in my newly washed/waxed truck and went fishing at daybreak by myself for some much needed peace and quiet this morning. Hoping to hit a school of big Redfish...

Name:  1003010801a.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  89.4 KB

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?