2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 10:58 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

i cant mud until i get my pass axle seal replaced again....harmonic balancer, alignment, and tire rotation...so im keeping her sqeeky clean lol.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:03 AM
mnewbolds
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lastrights
i like your truck debadged , im looking to take my decals and pinstripes off the doors and sides and just leave the long plasic piece like yours
Thank you sir. It came fromr the dealership used without the badges. I was thinking of using the new 2010 badges just to throw some people off. but I do plan some body work soon, passenger rockers and cab corner, rear fender sections and bumper. We'll see. Like I always say. "Trucks don't run better pretty. They just look like they do."

Old 04-16-2010, 11:05 AM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
i cant mud until i get my pass axle seal replaced again....harmonic balancer, alignment, and tire rotation...so im keeping her sqeeky clean lol.
You should look into some kind of seals that go on the ends of the axle tubes to keep mud and crud from getting into the tube all together. I know they make something like that, just cannot think of what they are called.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:42 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

i know where i made the mistake, but after getting 4 pass. axle seals, i was irritated, and just left it in there a slight bit cockeyed lol.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mnewbolds
You should look into some kind of seals that go on the ends of the axle tubes to keep mud and crud from getting into the tube all together. I know they make something like that, just cannot think of what they are called.
Some Rams came with seals at the end of the axle tubes and there was a TSB about removing them because they cause problems.

found it http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1999/03-06-99.htm

Old 04-16-2010, 01:08 PM
CoolRide
Rookie

Well I just dropped "Fluffy" off at the shop. They are going to install a CSI 9500 winch and WARN winch mount bumper.

Im pretty exited, not over spending 1500 dollars, but having a winch.

I am new to offroading and can say now with some authority that getting a v10 Dodge Ram buried on the top of a mountain all by yourself will really bring the SUCK into your life! Then it dawned on me...wouldnt it be great to have somebody else here to laugh at me digging out with only a chapstick tube and wall mart gift card with 27 cents left on it? (Note to self, get a shovel.)

So next time I will have another person/4x4 with I hope, if not at least I will have a winch.

Found a NASTY lookin bed toolbox at a 2nd hand store (wayyy out back in the weeds, they didnt even know they had it!) they told me 25 bucks and I thought "no way" but after looking it over (it is handmade) I decided to go for it, and glad I did! It has the deals welded to it to put padlocks on each of the lids. And its just built a lot heavier than the ones I normally see. I spent about 2 hours and $8 on 2 cans of silver spray paint and I think it turned out pretty sharp.

Just had to cut off some metal tabs with my cuttoff wheel and ran over it with the DA sander and paint. We just had 2 cars broken into and it will be nice to be able keep things in the truck and not have to either haul it all back and forth or leave it to get ripped off.

Also ordered some Super Swampers for her, but they wont be in till next week.

Oh, got her back from the shop she has been in since Dec. He put a rebuilt T-case out of a 3500 (NOT a direct fit, it is 1 inch longer than the stock 2500 T-case so I had to shorten the front drive shaft one inch, no biggie)

Updated pix in a week or two if anyone wants.

Sammy

Old 04-16-2010, 04:34 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

crap...found my rubber plug for the rear diff has lost its seal...i have gear oil seeping out a bit...its easy to tell because i just painted it blue, now it has gear oil all around the plug hole....thats probably a $70 part at the dealer lol.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:43 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
crap...found my rubber plug for the rear diff has lost its seal...i have gear oil seeping out a bit...its easy to tell because i just painted it blue, now it has gear oil all around the plug hole....thats probably a $70 part at the dealer lol.
Nah, It has be at least $250. I think they make them when you order them. Or just have NASA fly them in from Uranus!

Old 04-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmmm.... a rearend plug from uranus eh? hahahahaha

well I fixed my front bumper and removed the falling hood insulation today.... looks much better without it, I just need to pressure wash the inside of the hood sometime now lol

Old 04-16-2010, 08:54 PM
justabout

I'm somewhat of a new member. I just finished installing the Hughes plenum plate, new 180 deg thermostate, radiator hoses, new plugs and wires, and a new serptine belt. Took about ten hours over the coarse of five evenings. Next on the list with be a superchips tuner. Thanks for all the great information on this website.

JustAbout

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?