2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Joey Buentello
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 004x41500
did you check those readings with the voltage gauge thats in the dash, or with a DVOM on the battery terminals?

if you used the dash one, i would recheck with a DVOM or volt meter and put the terminals on the battery while its running. that way you know for sure that its the alt. and not just a gauge issue
cool i'll do that

Old 09-25-2010, 10:15 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well friday night I go to get in my truck and head over to a friends to go out to a fire and start it up and and all kinds of crazy is coming from the engine almost sounds like a loose rocker, pop the hood and it sounds like its coming from around the AC compressor so shut the AC off and 3 more clanks and it quiet.

Move the truck around to the front of the driveway, and get a ride in a friends ford.

Today I wake up nice and early(just before noon) and take a look at it cant see much so unbolt the compressor so I can look at it better, the clutch is f^d, and guess what no one sells just the clutch for our trucks.

So start looking and calling places napa has one for $206, but you need to get there kit to get the warranty so $300 bucks out the door with my new AC compressor installed and works just like the old one minus all the noise.

Now time to look for new balljoints because thats the next project

Old 09-25-2010, 11:28 PM
J McWillis
Professional

Originally Posted by dodgeram07
ya Club Cab i want pics 2!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by 004x41500
sounds like itd work for me, i got 2 12s and seperate boxes under the seats so theres like 0 leg room on both sides. i just cant think of any ideas to make a box with leg room, and not use the seat
Here ya go guys, took these tonight at the carwash so they're a little dark. Tried to brighten them up when I uploaded them, it'll give you a general idea.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:18 PM
JohnnyNitro

Changed the plugs, which were probably overdue. You guys weren't kiddin about needing a short and long extension and a u joint for the socket. Those back two on the driver's side were a pain!

Old 09-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Bornfree
Thumbs up Hard Cold Starting and rough running there after

Originally Posted by Bornfree
Welp, still HARD starting - loss of power, I installed a fuel pressure gauge and drove around with it ducttaped to my windshield, so I could see it while driving, and found that fuel pressure is not the problem, it ran all the time at about 40 -42 pounds. Leaking down of pressure didn't start until well over 45 minutes and even then it took hours to completely leak down, ( which may have been caused by the previous renter of the tool damaging the seal on the connector).

So now I ordered one of those Dealer Service manuals on a cd off Ebay, so hopefully it will have some sort of diagnostic procedure that makes sense for this failure. Hopefully it will be here today. Mnewbolds - any luck on yours?

Welp, I decided to check the spark plug wires and found the resistance to be way out of spec and then the coil wire was found to have turned to rock near where it connects to the distributor cap. I can't beleive my 2 year old "Bosch Ultra protection wires" could fail that fast. :-)

I guess you should allows check the basics first, could have saved me allot of time and $$$. Good luck Mnewbolds !!! Hope u find ur problem, i'd check the spark plug wires again, no matter the age.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:19 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tomorrow i will be reinstalling my front driveshaft and prepping my truck and plow for the winter. its going to be a cold snowy winter here in NH. i can feel it!

Old 09-27-2010, 07:35 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
tomorrow i will be reinstalling my front driveshaft and prepping my truck and plow for the winter. its going to be a cold snowy winter here in NH. i can feel it!
I was just going to ask around if removing the front driveshaft is ok. I had a guy at work today tell me that he does it with his jeep and gets 7 more mpg! Does it affect the driveability? I may do that...

Old 09-27-2010, 09:32 PM
runnfree
Default Clean clean clean and install cab lights too

All day Saturday I cleaned and wax the truck. TurtleWax Black Box is what I used. Tell me what you think. Install Harbor Freight cab lights after smoking them. Install Herculiner and used Roll-N-Lock bed cover last weekend. Before and after pics

to this

Old 09-27-2010, 09:42 PM
jake7
All Star

^^ I was looking into getting the Turtle wax Black Box. You're truck looks great. How would you rate the "Black Box"?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:45 PM
runnfree

I would say it is real easy to use. Cleaning coat and then wax coat. I liked it, lets see what happens after a couple washes.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?