2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 03:27 PM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Installed the new replacement driver's seat cushion from Geno's garage. Pretty easy job overall. Nice fit and very firm. I sit higher in the truck now. That is going to take getting used to. Up next is the cabin air filter set up. I want to scuff and squirt the housings first.

Old 08-09-2017, 02:32 PM
Jimythefan
All Star

Finally got around to replacing the governor pressure transducer and the governor solenoid with the heavy duty units, also replaced the filter and the trans pan with a mag-hytec unit. Much better shifts and the pan has to be good for another 10 hp.

Attached Thumbnails What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?-trans-pan.jpg  
Old 08-09-2017, 02:36 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimythefan
Finally got around to replacing the governor pressure transducer and the governor solenoid with the heavy duty units, also replaced the filter and the trans pan with a mag-hytec unit. Much better shifts and the pan has to be good for another 10 hp.
Are you sure it's only 10? That looks pretty nice. Does it have a drain plug as well? (good for another 5 horsepower.)

Old 08-10-2017, 02:30 PM
Jimythefan
All Star

Yep, drain plug and threaded hole on the side for a 1/8 oil temp sensor. Gotta be good for 20 now.

Old 08-10-2017, 03:17 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jimythefan
Yep, drain plug and threaded hole on the side for a 1/8 oil temp sensor. Gotta be good for 20 now.
Oh heck yah!

Old 08-12-2017, 05:41 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Driver-side window dropped at the front when going down last week...
So today I replaced the the mechanism, and replaced the door lock actuator while I was in there (the electric locks haven't worked for a few years).

I'll do the passenger-side in a month or so, as the door lock on that side hasn't worked for even longer than the drivers-side, and I'm sure the window regulator can't be far behind, as it's had more use than my side got.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Spillage
Driver-side window dropped at the front when going down last week...
So today I replaced the the mechanism, and replaced the door lock actuator while I was in there (the electric locks haven't worked for a few years).

I'll do the passenger-side in a month or so, as the door lock on that side hasn't worked for even longer than the drivers-side, and I'm sure the window regulator can't be far behind, as it's had more use than my side got.
were you able to get *just* the "power" part of the latch? Looks a lot like all one piece to me......

I have a latch that is behaving strangely...... Mounted to the door, it won't latch. Doesn't matter what I do. Take it out, and it works just fine. Even with all the linkages disconnected, when it is bolted to the door, it simply will not latch, and hold the door close. I am stumped.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:45 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HeyYou
were you able to get *just* the "power" part of the latch? Looks a lot like all one piece to me...
Yes, comes as one piece...
Couldn't get an OEM, so had to settle for Dorman.

Suposidly they're repairable, so I kept the old one to tinker with.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:52 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HeyYou
...I have a latch that is behaving strangely...... Mounted to the door, it won't latch. Doesn't matter what I do. Take it out, and it works just fine. Even with all the linkages disconnected, when it is bolted to the door, it simply will not latch, and hold the door close. I am stumped.
My guess is the mechanism is being distorted... either the mounting face is not flat, or the tension of the bolts is sandwiching the gut too tight.
look for what might be distorting it, or a place to shim to take pressure off the mechanism when tightened.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:38 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Spillage
My guess is the mechanism is being distorted... either the mounting face is not flat, or the tension of the bolts is sandwiching the gut too tight.
look for what might be distorting it, or a place to shim to take pressure off the mechanism when tightened.
Door frame is actually still intact, surprisingly enough. I may try and loosen the bolts a quarter turn each, and see if that doesn't improve its attitude.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?