2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mnewbolds
I'm getting sick of the wild vents. Which valves are you replacing and if you don't mind what are the part numbers and prices? Thanks!
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...ild-vents.html

Old 09-10-2010, 10:00 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,256 Likes on 3,003 Posts

I'm getting sick of the wild vents. Which valves are you replacing and if you don't mind what are the part numbers and prices? Thanks!
I think there are two. On the passenger side, should be one right near the keg, that runs back to the snakes nest where it breaks off to the vacuum resevoir, etc... and in that snakes nest, one between the T fitting, and the line that goes into the passenger compartment to the vent controls.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Tbone79
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it came to about $14.00 or so for the 2 valves. Thank god for this forum. I went into the dealership parts counter, told the guy what I wanted and was met with a blank stare. Luckily I had the part numbers with me.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Bornfree

Yestereday: New Air Charge Temp Sensor. Still having Cold start/idle issues.... Evap Canister Purge Valve?
Hello,
I am having the same problem , it started about a month ago but now, it has gradually reached a point where it almost doesn't start in the mornings. It is in the 50's now in the morning, whereas a couple weeks ago it would be about 70-75 in the morning here in Pittsburgh, which i think helped starting, because it would run rough for the first couple minutes and then smooth out, but when cold driving it would stumble during acceleration..

I have replace the throttle position sensor - TPS , Idle Air Control valve -IAC , Inlet charge Air temp sensor - yesterday, Removed and thoroughly disassembled & cleaned throttle body unit in a ultrasonic cleaner , ( new distributor cap, rotor and wires, plugs, ECM,Fuel Pump - last year - didn't have problem then thou)

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated, before I just continue replacing sensors, I hate being a parts changer....

Thank you, Dale

Old 09-11-2010, 04:42 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Originally Posted by Bornfree
Hello,
I am having the same problem , it started about a month ago but now, it has gradually reached a point where it almost doesn't start in the mornings. It is in the 50's now in the morning, whereas a couple weeks ago it would be about 70-75 in the morning here in Pittsburgh, which i think helped starting, because it would run rough for the first couple minutes and then smooth out, but when cold driving it would stumble during acceleration..

I have replace the throttle position sensor - TPS , Idle Air Control valve -IAC , Inlet charge Air temp sensor - yesterday, Removed and thoroughly disassembled & cleaned throttle body unit in a ultrasonic cleaner , ( new distributor cap, rotor and wires, plugs, ECM,Fuel Pump - last year - didn't have problem then thou)

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated, before I just continue replacing sensors, I hate being a parts changer....

Thank you, Dale
Well, you've done just about everything I've done. I'm being told by a few "experienced" LOL mechanics that it is either the evap canister purge valve or the catalytic converter but I do not have an CEL on so I can't imagine it would be the cat. Haven't had a problem with it starting, it always pops off on the second or third turnover. Just idles like crap until the idle jumps and then it's fine.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:44 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Originally Posted by Tbone79

I think it came to about $14.00 or so for the 2 valves. Thank god for this forum. I went into the dealership parts counter, told the guy what I wanted and was met with a blank stare. Luckily I had the part numbers with me.
Sorry, haven't figured out how to double quote... Did this fix the wild vents for you? Gunna do it tomorrow if it works.

Also payed the most I've ever been charged for a tank of gas. $162.44! Citgo double charged my account for $81.22. Bummer.... The cashier was cute though

Old 09-11-2010, 05:20 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,256 Likes on 3,003 Posts

Sorry, haven't figured out how to double quote... Did this fix the wild vents for you? Gunna do it tomorrow if it works.

Also payed the most I've ever been charged for a tank of gas. $162.44! Citgo double charged my account for $81.22. Bummer.... The cashier was cute though
Yeah, but, did you get a kiss first?

Old 09-11-2010, 09:50 PM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

didnt do a lot to her, but im thinkin a 3" body lift 4.5" suspension, 4.56 gears with a powertrax no slip, and some 37" directional militarys... the goodyears.... now were talkin.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:29 AM
Bornfree
Default Hard cold starting and rough idle

Well, you've done just about everything I've done. I'm being told by a few "experienced" LOL mechanics that it is either the evap canister purge valve or the catalytic converter but I do not have an CEL on so I can't imagine it would be the cat. Haven't had a problem with it starting, it always pops off on the second or third turnover. Just idles like crap until the idle jumps and then it's fine.
Thats how mine started acting up about a month or so ago, now its to the point if its cold in the morning (50's) it almost doesnt start and then runs rough for about a minute then smooths out, but it still has a hesitation problem anytime now, some part is failing worse and worse. You gonna try the purge valve next? Maybe I'll try something else (MAP Sensor, cam sensor, etc.) after you try that, if it doesn't work , half the money spent ( on ignorance) I dunno, I read it could be anything from the cam sensor to the ECM...
Good Luck !!!

Old 09-12-2010, 09:48 AM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Originally Posted by Bornfree
Thats how mine started acting up about a month or so ago, now its to the point if its cold in the morning (50's) it almost doesnt start and then runs rough for about a minute then smooths out, but it still has a hesitation problem anytime now, some part is failing worse and worse. You gonna try the purge valve next? Maybe I'll try something else (MAP Sensor, cam sensor, etc.) after you try that, if it doesn't work , half the money spent ( on ignorance) I dunno, I read it could be anything from the cam sensor to the ECM...
Good Luck !!!
That's what I was thinking, cam sensor. Kind of makes sence considering I think I have the original timing chain and it is most likely stretched. These have the ECM adjust the timing automaticaly. Might just take a min.... Make sence to anyone?

To keep true to the thread= I did pull the evap canister purge and it was already pretty clean. I was told you don't have to replace them, just clean them out and rock and roll.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?