2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 08:39 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Ram4x45.9
Loosen lug nuts move truck back and forth then jack it back up.
he already got it off and what you are suggesting does not sound very safe. if you put anti seize or grease on the back of the rim and around the center it should come off super easy next time or you could just car a Minny sledge hammer like my dad does.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Popped the back wheel off to inspect the brake noise that was going on.
The adjuster cable is too long and the adjuster arm wasn't touching the star wheel.
So I bought a new cable and parked it with the front wheels about 4' higher than the rear when I got home.
Tomorrow I'm going to pop the radiator cap off to bleed the air out of the system. After that I'll swap that cable and hopefully the adjuster will work right.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:40 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
Get some energy suspension boots. I replaced my tie rod boots with the urethane energy suspension boots and they're still good after a year or so.
Since you mentioned it, my front suspension could probably use some grease.

Yes, looks I'll be installing urethane boots soon. The PITA is the track bar end, but I think a Chevy Ball Joint boot might work.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:44 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dsertdog56
Yes, looks I'll be installing urethane boots soon. The PITA is the track bar end, but I think a Chevy Ball Joint boot might work.
Bring a dial caliper with you and that'll take care of the guessing.
I think the boots are supposed to be something like 1/16" smaller than what they're going onto so they will have a tight seal.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:04 AM
joshsbetterhalf
Professional

Originally Posted by lastrights
thats a nice truck, i would be on a 2500 ext cab as my next truck too ! !
Thanks, if I weren't so picky (must be 4x4, 2nd gen, 360 if it's gas, manual if it's cummins). This would've been 100x easier.

I absolutely couldn't give up my extended cab. I love it way too much.

Finding out today hopefully if we got the loan. It's nerve racking. But maybe it'll turn out to be a good birthday present for me.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:12 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by joshsbetterhalf
That's what I thought. But if you look at the top of the 2nd gen area it says through 01. I'm stayin' here though. Personal choice. Haha.

But this is the truck... as long as the loan goes through.
Sharp looking truck. Technically, '02 1500s are 3rd Gen and 2500/3500s are 2nd Gen. Although the '02 5.9 V8 1500 is a hybrid between the two IMO...

Old 03-02-2011, 09:57 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice truck betterhalf.
Although I am wondering why you didn't go a little bit older than 02 and get a Cummins.
Not really an upgrade since I see it has the 360. Looks great though!

Old 03-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Ram4x45.9
Wink

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
he already got it off and what you are suggesting does not sound very safe. if you put anti seize or grease on the back of the rim and around the center it should come off super easy next time or you could just car a Minny sledge hammer like my dad does.
If that seems dangerous to you then your mommy and daddy probly shouldn't let you have a ram truck.A RAM truck is a mans truck. I had 96 3500hd i had stuck dually wheels (talk about a bitch) beat on it with sledge hammer wouldn;t come off.So thats when i used the easiest way to get it off. Loosen lug nuts about quarter inch then drive back and forth you might have to even have to turn steering wheel left and right while moving back and forth but it will come off.Done it myself several times.
Men work smart not dumb!

Old 03-02-2011, 01:45 PM
joshsbetterhalf
Professional

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Nice truck betterhalf.
Although I am wondering why you didn't go a little bit older than 02 and get a Cummins.
Not really an upgrade since I see it has the 360. Looks great though!
We looked for a Cummins. But with our specifics, 4x4, manual if it's a cummins, 2nd gen, 12V, we just can't find something in our price range that isn't a dually. My fiance already has a dually, we don't need 12 tires between 2 truck.

But just got word that the truck is ours! Loan went through.

I must say, AWESOME BIRTHDAY GIFT TO ME!!!

However, I also just got smashed into with my 99 that is only mine for a few more hours.

What hit me.
Name:  IMAG0096.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  84.7 KB

My truck's damage.
Name:  IMAG0098.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  50.6 KB

But I don't care. Dealership is gonna deal with the taxi's insurance and the taxi's insurance is already willing to do it.

Sooooo shortly I will be off to get my 2500.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:30 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Ram4x45.9
If that seems dangerous to you then your mommy and daddy probly shouldn't let you have a ram truck.A RAM truck is a mans truck. I had 96 3500hd i had stuck dually wheels (talk about a bitch) beat on it with sledge hammer wouldn;t come off.So thats when i used the easiest way to get it off. Loosen lug nuts about quarter inch then drive back and forth you might have to even have to turn steering wheel left and right while moving back and forth but it will come off.Done it myself several times.
Men work smart not dumb!
what are you talking about. i own my trucks and bought them with my own money and i pay for all the parts i put in it. my parents have nothing to do with them. if you maintain your truck properly you should not have a single problem getting your rims off your truck. the only time my rims were a bit harder to get off was when i first got the trucks but since then i have anti seized the drums and rotors and it has never had this problem. when i work on a truck i use common sense.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?