2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I really want to keep this truck for a while, so to head off the New England salt season I spent a few hours today spraying the whole underside with 'fluid film'. Every nook and cranny I could slide the nozzle in, got loaded with it. The stuff will be running out of it for days.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:18 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimythefan
I really want to keep this truck for a while, so to head off the New England salt season I spent a few hours today spraying the whole underside with 'fluid film'. Every nook and cranny I could slide the nozzle in, got loaded with it. The stuff will be running out of it for days.
Where did you get the fluid film?? Ive heard great things about it but havent seen it anywhere....

Old 11-26-2011, 05:46 PM
Jimythefan
All Star

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
Where did you get the fluid film?? Ive heard great things about it but havent seen it anywhere....
I used the dealer finder at their site and went to Chappell Tractor here in Milford. $85 for a case of the spray bombs. Used 6 1/2 cans so far. I want to hit a little more of the engine compartment tomorrow.

The toyota guys swear by it.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:49 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
told her she was getting a new plow..... brand new fisher 8' hd with the all new multiplex wiring. 4075.00 cant wait til february! fisher dealer down the road a piece told me for just the plow was 3800. called another guy and plow with all truck side wiring was 4075. my currently plow is holy. and not the godly kind either.
do you have gears and lsd ?

Old 11-27-2011, 07:58 AM
tcowell
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put drivers window back on track. Toped of oil. Put some lucas in the tranny and Took it mudding. Now power washing for days.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:51 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing to her today yet, waxed my rims yesterday too. Nice and SHINY!!!

Old 11-27-2011, 10:44 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimythefan
I used the dealer finder at their site and went to Chappell Tractor here in Milford. $85 for a case of the spray bombs. Used 6 1/2 cans so far. I want to hit a little more of the engine compartment tomorrow.

The toyota guys swear by it.
Remove the door panels, and use a vacuum and compressed air to clean out all the crap inside. Then spray the whole inside with that stuff. Do it once a year and your doors won't rot from the inside out.

On a side note, since you are in Milford. Anytime you want or need help with some thing, take a ride to Raymond.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Jimythefan
All Star

Originally Posted by zman17
Remove the door panels, and use a vacuum and compressed air to clean out all the crap inside. Then spray the whole inside with that stuff. Do it once a year and your doors won't rot from the inside out.

On a side note, since you are in Milford. Anytime you want or need help with some thing, take a ride to Raymond.
Thanks for the offer, I may just do that.

I pulled all the door panels, the flares, and rear inner wheel well liners when I did it. I may have gone a little overboard on some spots, but I wanted to be sure of the coverage. I think I may spray along the top and sides of the stainless panels too.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Ram_EK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone heard of a diff lock that would fit the stock Chy 205mm HD front diff of my 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4?
It's sooooo hard to find, that I think it would be easier to change the whole front axle
But then again, what axle to use that would perfectly fit ((

Old 11-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I haven't touched the Ram since August, when I pulled the heads. I've been putting time in on my $500 beater -- a 1996 Crown Victoria that I picked up from a neighbor. It has 236K on it and the A/C is ICE COLD. I've been flushing the cooling system on it, fixing an oil leak and other various housekeeping issues. I should be driving it later this week so I can get new tires on it. After that, I'm dumping my Mazda.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?