2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Once I was under a '77 dodge one ton maxivan that was on jack stands in the dirt (I know, it was several years ago, and it was stupid) and it fell off. I was thankfully behind the rear axle, so I didn't get a scratch, but my dad and my neighbor thought I was dead.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:26 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was supported by the jack and jackstands.. wouldn't work on anything without them

Old 10-19-2012, 10:55 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well it wasn't the Ram but the wifes Buick Century we used to have, was changing the front brakes, and was tightening up the caliper, had my head all the way in the wheel well to get a good view of the bolt, and noticed the car start to move forward, backed my head out as fast I could just as it fell forward and off the jack. Little too close for comfort.

Back to the Ram, drove it around, went to Tifton yesterday and the CEL came on for the exhaust, gotta do the non fouler trick.

Side note, been around a month since I did the reverse band adjustment and reverse is still working great

Old 10-20-2012, 12:10 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Once I was under a '77 dodge one ton maxivan that was on jack stands in the dirt (I know, it was several years ago, and it was stupid) and it fell off.
My father, about as stupid a man as you'd ever hope not to meet, was replacing the rear shocks on my mother's '64 Impala when it came down off of the jack that was the only thing holding it up. He was pinned and his chest was compressed enough he wasn't getting any full breaths, and carried on like he was being crushed to death until my eight year old self got the jack back in place and lifted the thing off of him. I've been hell on safety ever since.

Originally Posted by dlyter09
It was supported by the jack and jackstands.. wouldn't work on anything without them
Not to be a 5h17 about it, but if it was supported by those jack stands you wouldn't have a bent steel toed shoe or a story to tell... And you wouldn't have been so very close to having a tragic story to tell.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:52 PM
cruzer55
Veteran
Default What I did for my Ram today !!!!

What I did for my 1994 Ram today.Put some pics of my near 20 yr old up for viewing.If your bored from trolling the pages and looking for something amusing to see,drop in to my garage and leave a commit.It's FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2012, 01:48 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
My father, about as stupid a man as you'd ever hope not to meet, was replacing the rear shocks on my mother's '64 Impala when it came down off of the jack that was the only thing holding it up. He was pinned and his chest was compressed enough he wasn't getting any full breaths, and carried on like he was being crushed to death until my eight year old self got the jack back in place and lifted the thing off of him. I've been hell on safety ever since.

Not to be a 5h17 about it, but if it was supported by those jack stands you wouldn't have a bent steel toed shoe or a story to tell... And you wouldn't have been so very close to having a tragic story to tell.
Thats true.. Ill remember to have the jack stand up higher next time

Old 10-20-2012, 02:54 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by dlyter09
Thats true.. Ill remember to have the jack stand up higher next time
I'm glad to hear it! We don't need any more tragedies hereabouts.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad your ok dylter! That coulda been real bad!

Dumped some octane booster in my tank today, have 97 octane in it currently! Weeeeee its fun! Sure has a lot of pep now!

Old 10-20-2012, 05:10 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Johnn123
Dumped some octane booster in my tank today, have 97 octane in it currently! Weeeeee its fun! Sure has a lot of pep now!
Please tell us you're joking.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:31 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

Gonna be changing power steering hoses and fluid today. Might adjust the steering box too. Fluid is Amsoil Power Steering Fluid. Greased balljoints today too. Found out my shocks were doing me no good. The shaft at the top is broken on both. So looks like new shocks are in my future...

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?