2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 12:08 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stewie, try to make yourself feel batter all you want, we all know you wish you had 4x4

RamCountryBoy, everything in a 205 is reversable (my understanding at least) so i could strip the whole thing down, and put it together as a driver side drop. Unless I'm off my rocker. I think its at least possible with the old divorced 205's...

Old 10-26-2012, 08:30 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

so....how did the destruction occur?

Old 10-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Stewie, try to make yourself feel batter all you want, we all know you wish you had 4x4

RamCountryBoy, everything in a 205 is reversable (my understanding at least) so i could strip the whole thing down, and put it together as a driver side drop. Unless I'm off my rocker. I think its at least possible with the old divorced 205's...
Yeah...Stewie keeps telling/forcing his to be a 2500....

WR -- I'm in agreement with you on the rubustness of the 205. Cast Iron case dude! However, you broke the 241 in street driving is that right? The 241 is only better than the 231 with 6 planetary gears over 3. Effectively same case. I hope you determine what the failure root was and not duplicate it with a 205 or other.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey wombat wanna go 4x'in?! bring your ram out!

seriously though, when you going to come take a ride in ye ol rattle trap?

Old 10-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by jkeaton
so....how did the destruction occur?
I think it was due to bad u-joints in the front end. My passenger side u-joint and the one where my driveline meets the pinion are in bad shape. About a month and a half ago i modded my CAD (axle disconnect) so that it is live 100% of the time. Lots of people do this and have not complications, but with my 70 mile per day freeway commute, and bad u-joints vibrating the driveline to death, my high mileage transfer case finally gave up.

That's my theory.

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Yeah...Stewie keeps telling/forcing his to be a 2500....

WR -- I'm in agreement with you on the rubustness of the 205. Cast Iron case dude! However, you broke the 241 in street driving is that right? The 241 is only better than the 231 with 6 planetary gears over 3. Effectively same case. I hope you determine what the failure root was and not duplicate it with a 205 or other.
Either way, I will not be putting the truck back on the road until i have fixed the u-joints (which probably means gear swap/locking hub/ball joint time since I'm going in that deep anyway )

Unfortunately this stuff aint cheap, so I will be collecting parts over time to keep my bank account intact.

Originally Posted by Jigabop
hey wombat wanna go 4x'in?! bring your ram out!

seriously though, when you going to come take a ride in ye ol rattle trap?
I will PM you my phone number after I post this

Old 10-26-2012, 01:18 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

sounds like it you should fix your 72 and drive it. it only needs a transmission doesn't it?

Old 10-26-2012, 03:36 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It really just seems like someone is trying to keep up with me... You only got 3 more to go!! lmao

Old 10-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Today I went to my moms house and had a little talk with the truck. Told her if she had behaved herself she wouldn't have to watch me cheat on her with Grampa's little Mitsubishi Mirage.

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
sounds like it you should fix your 72 and drive it. it only needs a transmission doesn't it?
The transmission is actually the least of my worries. The wiring harness is burnt to a crisp, which in combination with the obscene amount or rust on it caused me to park it and quit trying to keep it on the road. When I get a house and a garage I plan to fully restore the truck from the frame up. until then, It's not worth fixing. As of right now it has no gauge cluster, no fuel tank, no radiator, unbolted the axle on one side, rotted to hell core support, bed, rockers, doors, floor pans, ugly beat up fenders, tailgate held up with a strap, no exhaust at all (manifolds either), and the original 2 barrel intake and valve covers from my power wagon just sitting on the engine keeping the weather out. Seriously not worth it. When I get done with it I suspect the only original sheet metal will be the cab and hood. Maybe the little valance thing that you see between the grill and front bumper.

Originally Posted by dlyter09
It really just seems like someone is trying to keep up with me... You only got 3 more to go!! lmao
F that!!! You keep that kind of thing to yourself! The truck might hear you and think it's a good idea!

Old 10-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Jigabop
Champion

ahahahahaha! I'm going to encourage your truck to break and wish it was a diesel

Old 10-26-2012, 06:36 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
Reading about and seeing pictures of all the transfer case destruction really makes me glad I've only got 2wd!

Wombat, totally sucks man.
Haha try 2 wheeling after 4 inches of rain... I will leave you in the mud!

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Yeah...Stewie keeps telling/forcing his to be a 2500.... ...
haha... Try forcing it to be a 3500 and see if it don't balk...

Originally Posted by Jigabop
ahahahahaha! I'm going to encourage your truck to break and wish it was a diesel
I think a big supercharged V10 Magnum would put any of those Cummins 5.9L's to shame....

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?