2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:18 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Looks good Hammer. I wish I could be fishing instead of working.

I nearly got in an accident this morning in my ramcharger. Some idiot was snoozing at the wheel and pretty much ran a red light and storpped in the lane I was in so I had to swerve dangerously around him since the roads were wet. As far as I can tell there is no damage to the ram charger but I have not got a chance to look it over since I had to run over a curb going faster than I would have liked.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:29 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Finished installing said bed liner.

Bed:

You can see why spraying or rolling on a liner would not help very much and why I decided a liner was the best option.

Liner I picked up of craigslist for $50:

Also figured out why my backup lights didn't work....no fuse...also missing the fuse for the "Buzzer/Console" whatever that is, but I still don't have any buzzer for leaving the keys in the ignition or if I leave the headlights on.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

She looks great Hammer. There's nothing like the peace and quiet of very early morning outings to help keep perspective on things.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hammer, the truck looks good.

I forgot another story about my ram last night. I was in the Walmart parking lot and someone with a prime spot pulled out. I slowly drove past, as it looked like someone else already had their eye on it, and I wanted to be courteous. The other person drove right past it, so I hit reverse and started backing towards the spot. When I was already turning to get in the spot some woman in a little Nissan pickup tried to squeeze into the spot I was obviously headed for. I stabbed the clutch and floored it (my horn doesn't work) stopping traffic across half the parking lot. Then, with everyone looking right at me, I slowly finished backing into my spot.

Usually I like to park far away from wherever I am headed, because of stupid people, but the lady was cold and I wanted to be a gentleman for her.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:23 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks good Hammer.

jkeaton; I have seen much worse looking truck beds than your's, also looking good.

WR; You're supposed to drop her at the stores door, then you go park far away. Got snow yet? The snowline here is about 200'-500' up from us.

Today is put in winter rubber floor mats and carpet mats for the winter, and just go over her.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by merc225hp
WR; You're supposed to drop her at the stores door, then you go park far away. Got snow yet? The snowline here is about 200'-500' up from us.
She doesn't like that. We don't have any snow. It's getting real cold though, and I am hoping!

Old 10-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Derick C.
Professional
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Hammer, the truck looks good.

I forgot another story about my ram last night. I was in the Walmart parking lot and someone with a prime spot pulled out. I slowly drove past, as it looked like someone else already had their eye on it, and I wanted to be courteous. The other person drove right past it, so I hit reverse and started backing towards the spot. When I was already turning to get in the spot some woman in a little Nissan pickup tried to squeeze into the spot I was obviously headed for. I stabbed the clutch and floored it (my horn doesn't work) stopping traffic across half the parking lot. Then, with everyone looking right at me, I slowly finished backing into my spot.

Usually I like to park far away from wherever I am headed, because of stupid people, but the lady was cold and I wanted to be a gentleman for her.
Was that at the Auburn wal-mart? I always park way out by the fuel station. Nobody seems to put the cart in the cart return at that store.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:10 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gave her a bath today, prettied up some of the plastics with ArmorAll.

Wanting to move my bumper lights into the bumper, doesn't look like much to mount to though.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

Got that K&N installed today.
The breather elbow on the rocker cover broke (brittle), so I cut it off as high as I could and looped the hose over and down onto the stub left...
I also trimmed some of the rotting rubber shield between the radiator and upright around the A/C lines to allow more fresh air in when on the move.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:19 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Also adjusted the TV cable...didn't seem to make any difference.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?