2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

power steering pump still leaking

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 12:22 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Even IF the gearbox was bad, just stipulating to him for the sake of argument, that has NOTHING to do with the leak from the pump. NOTHING. And their customer service isn't going to get them the gearbox work.....not if it was mine!

Tat his a**! You are a paying customer. If he has a problem with tats, he should not have taken your money!

Old 07-15-2012, 12:25 PM
cutthroatxxx
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well the other day he said he didn't really wanna work on it cuz it was lifted

Old 07-15-2012, 12:28 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

What does THAT have to do with the power steering pump?

Fact is, he DID work on it. You paid him money to fix a problem that still isn't fixed. He needs to just suck it up and do what it takes to solve the problem, and keep his customer happy.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:32 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We may all need to get a Ram convoy to Missouri and circle his shop! Custer ain't seen a herd of Rams circling like sharks! He only had Indians!

Last edited by gdstock; 07-15-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:40 PM
cutthroatxxx
All Star

lol...Ill let ya guys know how it turns out tomorrow.Quick question...does any of your guys ps pump make any noise@all when turning the wheels?That's when mine does.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:42 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

I get normal hydraulic sounds out of mine. (kinda like water rushing thru a pipe.) But, I can't hear it when the windows are up. If it is groaning/whining, there is a problem. Running it empty a couple times will certainly not do it any good.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:17 PM
cutthroatxxx
All Star

well this is as I said the 2nd pump they put on&when I got it I drove home 3 miles then to the store&back home a total of less than 20 miles.When I checked the fluid level there was maybe 1/4 of an inch of fluid in it so I topd it off.If they didn't fill it up that seems nuts to only add that little of an amount.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:06 PM
cutthroatxxx
All Star

so I took it up there&they said the pump is bad Again&thet said there not gonna fix it,said there gonna track down old pump,put it back on&give me my money back.He said he thinks the gear box is bad&forcing the ps pump to go bad by pushing junk in the box up into the pump

Old 07-16-2012, 03:43 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Well then..... Lemme guess, they didn't flush the gearbox at all, looking for any evidence of a failing box?

When the pump actually has fluid in it, how does the truck drive? Any issues turning the wheel?

Old 07-16-2012, 03:51 PM
cutthroatxxx
All Star

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Well then..... Lemme guess, they didn't flush the gearbox at all, looking for any evidence of a failing box?

When the pump actually has fluid in it, how does the truck drive? Any issues turning the wheel?
Guess they didn't,he keeps saying that the gear box feels like there's something binding up in it.When I drive it seems the same to me as it always has.Seems like it has a little slop but nothing that I can't handle.Drives straight if I takes my hands of the wheel Don't seem to bind up when I turn.

Quick Reply: power steering pump still leaking