3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

IPod and Mediacenter 430?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 11:11 AM
ankitjuthani
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xsdbs
Ok, so you were able to download it and get it done with no problems?
Yes, I was able to get it installed without any issues. thank you.

Now i see that there is another version of the software. I'll try and update it today.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:54 AM
ankitjuthani

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Mark,

The latest version is 33.01.23 but the update does not indicate it would solve the issue you are experiencing. It may but it is not listed. TSB below.

NUMBER: 08-057-12
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: October 11, 2012

SUBJECT:
Flash: RBZ Or RHB Radio Software Enhancements
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves upgrading the software on the RBZ or RHB Radio.
MODELS:
2012 (JK) Wrangler
2012 (WD) Durango
2012 (LC) Challenger
2012 (D2) Ram 3500 Pickup
2012 (DX) Dodge Reg Cab Chassis (Mexico)
2012 (DS) Ram 1500 Pickup
2012 (WK) Grand Cherokee
2012 (DP) Ram 4500/5500 Cab Chassis
2012 (PM) Caliber
2012 (MK) Compass/Patriot
2012 (DJ) Ram 2500 Pickup
2012 (RT) Town Country/ Caravan
2012 (KK) Liberty
2012 (DD) Ram 3500 Cab Chassis
2012 (JS) 200/Avenger
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with Media Center 430
CD/DVD/MP3/HDD (sales code RBZ) built before November 29, 2011 (MDH
1129XX) or Media center 430N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV Radio (sales code
RHB).
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may experience one or more of the following conditions.
NUMBER: 08-057-12
DATE: October 11, 2012
· Digital photos loaded onto the hard drive intermittently get lost (RBZ & RHB).
· CD/DVD will not play (RHB only).
· Navigation accept screen will not clear (RHB only).
· Navigation shows “acquiring signal” for an extended period of time (RHB only).
· New navigation graphics (RHB only).
DIAGNOSIS:
If the customer experiences the Symptom/Condition(s) perform the following.
1. Check the radio software version.
2. Press “Menu” button on the radio.
3. Press “System Setup” touch screen soft key.
4. Press “System Information” touch screen soft key.
5. Is the radio software version at 33.01.23 or greater?
a. Yes >>> This service bulletin does not apply. Further diagnosis may be required.
b. No >>> Perform the repair procedure Step #1.
PARTS REQUIRED:
Qty. Part No. Description
1 68197238AA Update Disc (version 33.01.23)
Where do you get the software from?

Old 11-30-2012, 02:44 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ankitjuthani
Where do you get the software from?

The dealership.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Kent Layton

I have a 2011 Durango Citadel, with the 430 NAV (Garmin) and HDD. Initially it would not accept my iPod Tough 4th Gen through the USB connection, and Bluetooth skipped. I had an update performed at my dealership, and now it plays the iPod... however, the beginning of each track skips for several seconds, and when you click the track-back button once, say, to repeat a track, it instead goes to the beginning of the previous track. While hunting around the internet, I found the following post at another forum. Is this of any use to me or anyone else? Maybe I should ask my dealer about it:

[Begin Quoted Post]
-----------
Yes, there are differences between the 2011 & 2012 Ucoonect systems. As with anything each year brings new enhancements. The 2012 enhancements are:

Reduced “Device Reading” wait time after connecting a device to the remote USB
port.
·
Call / Dial separation improves upon names being recognized as phone numbers.

·
Improved sound quality during Bluetooth streaming.

·
Increased iPod and iPhone compatibility.

·
SMS messaging support via MAP protocol (not all phones support the MAP
protocol).

·
Added “None of These” and “Correction” to the phone book prompt menu for better
handling of similar names.

·
Previous button will return the song currently being played to the beginning of the
track.

·
AirPlay feature “Dock Connector” no longer needs to be manually selected on Apple
devices. This will resolve the “No Audio” condition when the device is connected to
the remote USB port and dock connector is not selected.

NOTE:
1) USB mode resume will no longer 'resume' after ignition OFF.
2) Siri features, visual voice mail and voice memos on Apple products will not be supported. (This is because they don't handle an incoming call properly while using these features)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For 2011 Uconnect systems:
The current TSB #08-019-12 is the same TSB as 08-036-11 rev A that was out last year. The differences is in some of the wording for techs.

The instructions for the update are:
2011 update 08-036-11 rev A (AKA 08-019-12)

Download it to a thumb drive that has no other files on it. If you have files on it, please delete them and format the drive (to FAT32) just to make sure that it is completely clean.
Turn the radio on, Place the thumb drive in the center console USB connector (on vehicles with the dealer installed unit, it should be in the glove box), press and hold the Uconnect button for about 12 - 15 seconds, you should here "update started". This process should take about 15 - 20 minutes, there will be some beeps during the process. Please listen during the update for any error message that may be said by Uconnect. When the update is completed, the radio screen will go back to a radio display. Now plug in your iPhone or iPod and let it be read by Uconnect, does it start playing after being read?

The link for the update is:

uconnect.upd (http://www.mediafire.com/?qzfm7w2voa50f4m)

-----------

Old 12-03-2012, 08:38 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Here is the TSB as mentioned above.

NUMBER: 08-019-12
DATE: March 27, 2012

SUBJECT:
Flash: Hands Free Module Customer Satisfaction Enhancements
OVERVIEW:
This Bulletin involves performing a USB service flash of the Hands Free Module (HFM).
MODELS:
2011 (LC) Challenger
2011 (MK) Compass / Patriot
2011 (PM) Caliber
2011 (WK) Grand Cherokee
2011 (W2) Grand Cherokee
2011 (WD) Durango
2011 (KK) Liberty
2011 (K1) Cherokee
2011 (KA) Nitro
2011 (JS) Avenger / 200
2011 (DS) 1500 Pickup
2011 (DJ) 2500 Pickup
2011 (D2) 3500 Pickup
2011 (DD) 3500 Cab Chassis
2011 (DP) 4500/5500 Cab Chassis
2011 (DX) 1500 Pickup (Mexico)
2011 (JK) Wrangler
2011 (J3) Wrangler (CKD)
2011 (RT) Grand Caravan / Town & Country
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built in 2011 equipped WITH UConnect Voice
Command w/Bluetooth (sales code RSP, RSQ) and WITHOUT Media Center
730N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV (sales code RER or RHR) or Media Center 735N
CD/DVD/HDD/NAV (sales code REW or RHW) or Media Center 731N
CD/DVD/HDD/NAV (sales code REP ) or AM/FM CD MP3 NAV RADIO - ROW
(sales code RHP).
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:These Symptom are for the HFM that end with the part
number AF/AG.
The customer may experience the following:
· The message “connecting to device” is displayed on audio devices including Apple
iTouch, iPod, or iPhone when connected to the vehicle USB port, but the device will
not sync to the HFM to play audio.
· Audio devices including iPod Touch, iPhone, and some other phones will drop out
and/or skip during a streaming audio session.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:These Symptom are for the HFM that end with the part
number AF/AG.
The customer may experience the following:
· The message “connecting to device” is displayed on audio devices including Apple
iTouch, iPod, or iPhone when connected to the vehicle USB port, but the device will
not sync to the HFM to play audio.
· Audio devices including iPod Touch, iPhone, and some other phones will drop out
and/or skip during a streaming audio session.
NOTE: HFM part numbers that end with AK will receive the following enhancements.
· Reduced “Device Reading” wait time after connecting a device to the remote USB
port.
· Call / Dial separation improves upon names being recognized as phone numbers.
· Improved sound quality during Bluetooth streaming.
· Increased iPod and iPhone compatibility.
· SMS messaging support via MAP protocol (not all phones support the MAP protocol)
· Added “None of These” and “Correction” to the phone book prompt menu for better
· Previous button will return the song currently being played to the beginning of the
track.
· AirPlay feature “Dock Connector” no longer needs to be manually selected on Apple
devices. This will resolve the “No Audio” condition when the device is connected to
NOTE: USB mode resume will no longer 'resume' after ignition OFF
DIAGNOSIS:
1. Using wiTECH, determine the HFM part number. The HFM part number can be found
under Module Information for the HFM.
2. Is the HFM Part number currently at the AK or AF/AG level?
a. Yes >> Perform the Repair Procedure.
b. No >>> This service bulletin does not apply. Further diagnostics may be required.
NOTE: If the part number ends with AH, please review TSB 08-015-11
If the customer describes the symptom, perform the Repair Procedure.
PARTS REQUIRED:
Qty. Part No. Description
1(AR) 68086985AB. USB Cable (KA/KK/K1 Only)

Old 12-03-2012, 08:46 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kent,
That update is the same as the one the dealer performed for you. A couple of notes though on your issue (complaints)
1) Apple went to a direct play on the iPod media. In the past, they would compare the data of the next song to what was stored in the iPod. This would start toward the end of the song and into the next track. Because of that the Uconnect incorporated a buffering time to keep from having audio noises from the iPod. With newer SW versions (each is different based on which iPod you have) they went to a "direct play" where they just assume that there Meta Data is correct for the next track. The Uconnect module has added other updates for enhancements or issues. There is no more memory in the module to rewrite the SW for the direct play. (In the 2011 vehicles). This skip is a slight blip and I have never seen it last for "seconds". For the 2012 modules, they have added new HW that gives them more memory for update enhancements.
2) The tracking back button is similar to a CD player. (1) tap will take you to the beginning of the current track. (2) taps will take you to the previous track.
3) ask your dealer about it and they'll probably say "the module is defective and we'll order you a new one". When they install it, you'll be irritated because the end result will be what you have now.
4) The only update that is available for you currently is for Bluetooth Streaming audio sound quality.

Originally Posted by Kent Layton
I have a 2011 Durango Citadel, with the 430 NAV (Garmin) and HDD. Initially it would not accept my iPod Tough 4th Gen through the USB connection, and Bluetooth skipped. I had an update performed at my dealership, and now it plays the iPod... however, the beginning of each track skips for several seconds, and when you click the track-back button once, say, to repeat a track, it instead goes to the beginning of the previous track. While hunting around the internet, I found the following post at another forum. Is this of any use to me or anyone else? Maybe I should ask my dealer about it:

[Begin Quoted Post]
-----------
Yes, there are differences between the 2011 & 2012 Ucoonect systems. As with anything each year brings new enhancements. The 2012 enhancements are:

port.
·

·

·

·
protocol).

·

·
Previous button will return the song currently being played to the beginning of the
track.

·
AirPlay feature “Dock Connector” no longer needs to be manually selected on Apple

NOTE:
2) Siri features, visual voice mail and voice memos on Apple products will not be supported. (This is because they don't handle an incoming call properly while using these features)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The current TSB #08-019-12 is the same TSB as 08-036-11 rev A that was out last year. The differences is in some of the wording for techs.

Download it to a thumb drive that has no other files on it. If you have files on it, please delete them and format the drive (to FAT32) just to make sure that it is completely clean.
Turn the radio on, Place the thumb drive in the center console USB connector (on vehicles with the dealer installed unit, it should be in the glove box), press and hold the Uconnect button for about 12 - 15 seconds, you should here "update started". This process should take about 15 - 20 minutes, there will be some beeps during the process. Please listen during the update for any error message that may be said by Uconnect. When the update is completed, the radio screen will go back to a radio display. Now plug in your iPhone or iPod and let it be read by Uconnect, does it start playing after being read?

-----------

Old 12-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Kent Layton
Default OK, thanks!

OK, that is very helpful. I have been afraid to update my iPod Touch 4th Gen 64GB's software because it already seemed to be a tenuous communication between it and my Durango's 430 system, and I worried that updating the software might make it incompatible. Now I will download the iPod software and see if that fixes things.

One thing you say interests me, though: when running the iPod through the car audio through the dock, a single touch on the button takes me back to the beginning of the previous track, not the current one. I know that isn't the way it should be, and it isn't what you describe, but that's what happens. And that's even after the software update I got over the summer.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:58 AM
ankitjuthani

Originally Posted by Kent Layton

[Begin Quoted Post]
-----------

port.
·

·

·

·
protocol).

·

·
track.

·

NOTE:

-----------
When you guys say TSB#... Where do you find that number? Is it listed under System information tab?

If so, I can't find anywhere the TSB#. All I see are Application # and Audio CPU #.

Can someone help?

Old 12-04-2012, 01:52 PM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "TSB#" refers to the Chrysler Technical Service Bulletin that is sent out to the Dealers Service dept. It is used by techs. You won't find it on the radio menu.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:13 PM
mmark27
Rookie

I apologize, I'm a bit confused now by this, please clarify:

My build date is 11/11 on my 2012 Durango Crew with 430 RBZ stereo. It reads that I have version is 33.00.41, which is out of date and should be 33.01.23 according to DodgeCares. It is unclear to me whether my Uconnect module also needs an update, how do I determine this? My courses of action should be:

A) go to a dealer and request #68197238AA Update Disc (version 33.01.23)

B) is the software located here the appropriate 33.01.23 that I need?: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...-and-faqs.html under the Media Center 430 (RBZ)

C) do I need to upgrade this Uconnect software for USB memory keys listed on that page too?

There is no documentation that accompanies those files so its impossible to know what version they actually contain.

Finally, Xsdbs, you say that the SGS3 phone recognizes the MAP but the sending gets screwed up. Can you point me to the evidence that would suggest this? Is there some way I can monitor this failed SMS through MAP send? I attempted to send you a PM but I don't think it worked from my phone like I hoped.

Quick Reply: IPod and Mediacenter 430?