3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

IPod and Mediacenter 430?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 03:52 PM
ankitjuthani
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xsdbs
welcome, glad it worked for you.
Hello, I just bought a 2011 Dodge Durango and I have the Media centre 430. I'm having issues connecting my iphone 4s with the system. I've been reading these forums and read that there is a file that corrects this issue. can someone help?

Also, does this also fix the Bluetooth audio streaming?

Old 11-25-2011, 09:20 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello ankitjuthani,
Yes I can help you with this issue and it does fix the streaming audio issue also.
PM me with an email address and I can send you the file and instruction.

Originally Posted by ankitjuthani
Hello, I just bought a 2011 Dodge Durango and I have the Media centre 430. I'm having issues connecting my iphone 4s with the system. I've been reading these forums and read that there is a file that corrects this issue. can someone help?

Also, does this also fix the Bluetooth audio streaming?

Old 11-25-2011, 04:06 PM
ankitjuthani

Hello xsdbs,

Thank you for your help. But after posted my question, I read through all the posts and found the post that contained the uconnect update file site from MrJeep.

Thank you. You've helped alot of people. including me.

Ankit

Old 11-25-2011, 07:14 PM
xsdbs
Captain

Ok, so you were able to download it and get it done with no problems?

Originally Posted by ankitjuthani
Hello xsdbs,

Thank you for your help. But after posted my question, I read through all the posts and found the post that contained the uconnect update file site from MrJeep.

Thank you. You've helped alot of people. including me.

Ankit

Old 12-13-2011, 06:20 PM
happyfirst
Professional

Add me to the list of those that can't use bluetooth streaming. I asked the dealership to make sure that the radio had the latest software and they say it does.

1) My 5 year old ipod classic with hard drive won't work
2) My daughther's 1yr ipod touch does work
3) Both my wife's Sprint HTC Evo or my Sprint Hero, while they do connect via bluetooth, the music audio is unlistenable. It just sounds wierd. Like it's speeding up, slowing down, popping, and skipping. Completely unusable.

I sure hope they are still working on this and trying to fix this for existing owners.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:01 AM
xsdbs
Captain

Ok, Now this is just crazy (amongst other thoughts).
May I ask what radio you have? If it is an RHB, RBZ, RES or REQ, then::::

There has been a TSB for Uconnect SW update available since June 29, 2011. The TSB is 08-036-11 and for 2011 vehicles built prior to 4-18-2011. This TSB was revised to also support vehicles built up to June 1, 20011 This TSB was released on October 26, 2011 and is TSB # 08-036-11A. This SW update WILL take care of the IPod "error occurred" and the fast, choppy audio while streaming. This issue has had a fix for 6 months now and I am quite amazed (maybe not) that people are still having dealers say "don't know, phone must be incompatible". Granted that you asked about the radio SW version, they should have known that there is a Uconnect SW update available.
If you would like to perform this update yourself, it is quite easy. As you can see, I have helped several people here with this same issue. PM me with an email adress and I will send you the update file and instructions. It'll take you about 20 - 30 minutes to download, perform and get a big smile on your face.

Originally Posted by happyfirst
Add me to the list of those that can't use bluetooth streaming. I asked the dealership to make sure that the radio had the latest software and they say it does.

1) My 5 year old ipod classic with hard drive won't work
2) My daughther's 1yr ipod touch does work
3) Both my wife's Sprint HTC Evo or my Sprint Hero, while they do connect via bluetooth, the music audio is unlistenable. It just sounds wierd. Like it's speeding up, slowing down, popping, and skipping. Completely unusable.

I sure hope they are still working on this and trying to fix this for existing owners.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:34 PM
mmark27
Rookie

What is the version number for the latest 430 RBZ firmware?

I'm showing

Software:
Application -> 33.00.41
Audio CPU -> 092611

Is there a newer version of software for the 430 RBZ (note, without "N" navigation)

Also, I'm not really having any issues with pairing and playing audio via bluetooth, but I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 that is supposed to support the Phonebook Syncing, which it only does partially, and also the MAP (Messaging Access Profile) to read SMSes back. I can't get the MAP to work on my SGS3, so I was curious if there was any newer updates than what I'm running. I called the Chrysler Uconnect number and got an older lady on the phone and she didn't have any clue....I'm sorry but you need to have knowledgeable young people on the phone for software issues!

Last edited by mmark27; 11-28-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:42 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mmark27
What is the version number for the latest 430 RBZ firmware?

I'm showing

Software:
Application -> 33.00.41
Audio CPU -> 092611

Is there a newer version of software for the 430 RBZ (note, without "N" navigation)

Also, I'm not really having any issues with pairing and playing audio via bluetooth, but I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 that is supposed to support the Phonebook Syncing, which it only does partially, and also the MAP (Messaging Access Profile) to read SMSes back. I can't get the MAP to work on my SGS3, so I was curious if there was any newer updates than what I'm running. I called the Chrysler Uconnect number and got an older lady on the phone and she didn't have any clue....I'm sorry but you need to have knowledgeable young people on the phone for software issues!
Mark,

The latest version is 33.01.23 but the update does not indicate it would solve the issue you are experiencing. It may but it is not listed. TSB below.

NUMBER: 08-057-12
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: October 11, 2012

SUBJECT:
Flash: RBZ Or RHB Radio Software Enhancements
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves upgrading the software on the RBZ or RHB Radio.
MODELS:
2012 (JK) Wrangler
2012 (WD) Durango
2012 (LC) Challenger
2012 (D2) Ram 3500 Pickup
2012 (DX) Dodge Reg Cab Chassis (Mexico)
2012 (DS) Ram 1500 Pickup
2012 (WK) Grand Cherokee
2012 (DP) Ram 4500/5500 Cab Chassis
2012 (PM) Caliber
2012 (MK) Compass/Patriot
2012 (DJ) Ram 2500 Pickup
2012 (RT) Town Country/ Caravan
2012 (KK) Liberty
2012 (DD) Ram 3500 Cab Chassis
2012 (JS) 200/Avenger
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with Media Center 430
CD/DVD/MP3/HDD (sales code RBZ) built before November 29, 2011 (MDH
1129XX) or Media center 430N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV Radio (sales code
RHB).
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may experience one or more of the following conditions.
NUMBER: 08-057-12
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: October 11, 2012
· Digital photos loaded onto the hard drive intermittently get lost (RBZ & RHB).
· CD/DVD will not play (RHB only).
· Navigation accept screen will not clear (RHB only).
· Navigation shows “acquiring signal” for an extended period of time (RHB only).
· New navigation graphics (RHB only).
DIAGNOSIS:
If the customer experiences the Symptom/Condition(s) perform the following.
1. Check the radio software version.
2. Press “Menu” button on the radio.
3. Press “System Setup” touch screen soft key.
4. Press “System Information” touch screen soft key.
5. Is the radio software version at 33.01.23 or greater?
a. Yes >>> This service bulletin does not apply. Further diagnosis may be required.
b. No >>> Perform the repair procedure Step #1.
PARTS REQUIRED:
Qty. Part No. Description
1 68197238AA Update Disc (version 33.01.23)

Old 11-29-2012, 01:25 PM
xsdbs
Captain

The radio SW version is not what would cause the issues that you have mentioned here. The Uconnect is an external module and what supports the hands free features.
1) Do you know the build date of the vehicle?
2) If you can explain a little on what you meant by "Samsung Galaxy S3 that is supposed to support the Phonebook Syncing, which it only does partially". How does it Partially support it?
3) Depending on the build date of the vehicle, you may need to perform a Uconnect SW update in order for it to support MAP. If the vehicle is a V1 build, the SW doesn't support it and won't until after the update.
4) I can tell you that the GIII specs say that it supports MAP and that when you receive an incoming message, the phone does send a notification message to the Uconnect module and the radio will announce it. Uconnect can then read the message to you. However the phone ails when it comes to sending a message. This is a phone related issue and not Uconnect.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:45 AM
mmark27
Rookie

Originally Posted by xsdbs
The radio SW version is not what would cause the issues that you have mentioned here. The Uconnect is an external module and what supports the hands free features.
1) Do you know the build date of the vehicle?
2) If you can explain a little on what you meant by "Samsung Galaxy S3 that is supposed to support the Phonebook Syncing, which it only does partially". How does it Partially support it?
3) Depending on the build date of the vehicle, you may need to perform a Uconnect SW update in order for it to support MAP. If the vehicle is a V1 build, the SW doesn't support it and won't until after the update.
4) I can tell you that the GIII specs say that it supports MAP and that when you receive an incoming message, the phone does send a notification message to the Uconnect module and the radio will announce it. Uconnect can then read the message to you. However the phone ails when it comes to sending a message. This is a phone related issue and not Uconnect.
1. Door indicates 11/11 build
2. Partially means only some of my contacts load into the phone book. It's quite random the ones it chooses. All contacts are stored in Google contacts. No SIM card in a Sprint phone. When I try to make the phone book manually download, it just sits on that screen and nothing happens.
3. How do I know if I'm V1? Is there a location to download the software I would need to support MAP? When I try the SMS feature, she announces that SMS is not supported on this phone. The radio also doesn't request it.
4. I do know that unofficial ROMs for the SGS3 do have proper MAP support. But one is required to root and install custom ROMs.

Is there a download for the software update even though it doesn't address my issues? The software on the FaQ page doesn't say what version it is.

In other forums for other vehicles, namely the Toyota Prius, one Sprint SGS3 user said that his MAP started working when the Jelly Bean 4.1.1 update was loaded. I currently have that software.

Quick Reply: IPod and Mediacenter 430?