3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

IPod and Mediacenter 430?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 07:16 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, at least you'd think that the service writers would be aware of the new TSB's as they come out or look into their Chrysler Service website. When I was at a different vehicle brand dealership, that's how I stayed up on them. There are briefs that is sent out to techs that subscribe. Ours was "Dealerworld" and I could log on at anytime to read tech notes, upcoming TSB's & release dates etc. So there is an avenue for parts, sales, service writers and techs to all be informed.
Oh well, I'll let you know if I hear anything on me getting my hands on an update disc.

Originally Posted by mmark27
I would sing praises from the Mountain tops if I had a tech actually do something unexpectedly beneficial for me at a dealership. True customer service is completely lost in today's world. I applaud your efforts (now and) when you were an electrical tech and raising your game and the others around you.

This just seems like something they should have and keep updated. In fact, I'd keep a running tally on my VINs that I've sold or that I've serviced and send them reminders every time a TSB like this would come through for their vehicle. Like you said, its a completely free money situation for them for the cost of a single 4 cent DVD that they won't hand out to anyone. With the high tech and more efficient designs in cars, the only way their service will make money is to stay on top of these updates for the tech in them.

It isn't rocket surgery figuring this out.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:10 AM
mmark27
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xsdbs
Yeah, at least you'd think that the service writers would be aware of the new TSB's as they come out or look into their Chrysler Service website. When I was at a different vehicle brand dealership, that's how I stayed up on them. There are briefs that is sent out to techs that subscribe. Ours was "Dealerworld" and I could log on at anytime to read tech notes, upcoming TSB's & release dates etc. So there is an avenue for parts, sales, service writers and techs to all be informed.
Oh well, I'll let you know if I hear anything on me getting my hands on an update disc.
Well, let me know if you can get that correct Uconnect.upd file. I'm more concerned they won't be able to do that. However, they should be able to just download that one instead of sending out for a disc. I'm certain they will at least get the disc this time and call me next week.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:38 AM
xsdbs
Captain

you can find he 2012 Uconnect update file & instructions at the link below:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/audio-v...sw-update.html

If you'd like to PM me with an email address, I would like you to try something for me.

Well, let me know if you can get that correct Uconnect.upd file. I'm more concerned they won't be able to do that. However, they should be able to just download that one instead of sending out for a disc. I'm certain they will at least get the disc this time and call me next week.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Kent Layton

Well, I've updated my iPod to the latest software, so we'll see soon if it still works with my Media Center when i plug it in and head out in a little while...

Old 12-15-2012, 09:48 AM
mmark27
Rookie

Originally Posted by xsdbs
you can find he 2012 Uconnect update file & instructions at the link below:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/audio-v...sw-update.html

If you'd like to PM me with an email address, I would like you to try something for me.
Worked like a charm! synced right up to my phone! SMS come through just fine. thanks man! 1 down, 1 to go. I sent you a PM with my email address, I'm willing to try whatever.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:53 AM
xsdbs
Captain

GREAT!!! I just replied to your PM and I think you'll be stoked.

Worked like a charm! synced right up to my phone! SMS come through just fine. thanks man! 1 down, 1 to go. I sent you a PM with my email address, I'm willing to try whatever.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:19 PM
mmark27
Rookie

I'm unstoked at the moment. I PM'ed you.

Last edited by mmark27; 12-16-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Quick Reply: IPod and Mediacenter 430?