3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

IPod and Mediacenter 430?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 01:16 AM
provoking
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So is there a site which I can bookmark that will provide me with updates for the RBZ? Where do I get them? Including Gracenotes?

Old 09-15-2011, 09:36 AM
darkmanrob85
Amateur

Hey xsdbs, will this uconnect update help with ipod classic 6th gen connections. When I connect my ipod and try search for artist/song, not all of the letters/numbers are highlighted so I can select them. Will this update help with that. Also I tried looking uconnect module underneath the steering wheel by the ebrake and I can't find it. Can you post a picture or provided more directions? Thanks

Old 09-15-2011, 10:08 PM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not that I know of. The gracenotes is actually a function of the radio and you can get an update cd from Chrysler. Someone here may have the information on how to get it. As for the Uconnect system, I can provide you with the update file. I just need to know the model of the vehicle. (it does have to be a 2011 vehicle, there is no update for the other years).

Originally Posted by provoking
So is there a site which I can bookmark that will provide me with updates for the RBZ? Where do I get them? Including Gracenotes?

Old 09-15-2011, 10:12 PM
xsdbs
Captain

What SW is in the classic? If I remember correctly there wasn't a problem with that model but I can retest it and let you know. I won't be able to though till Monday. I'm out of town for business. Can you post a picture of the display when having this issue? thanks

Originally Posted by darkmanrob85
Hey xsdbs, will this uconnect update help with ipod classic 6th gen connections. When I connect my ipod and try search for artist/song, not all of the letters/numbers are highlighted so I can select them. Will this update help with that. Also I tried looking uconnect module underneath the steering wheel by the ebrake and I can't find it. Can you post a picture or provided more directions? Thanks

Old 09-15-2011, 11:15 PM
provoking

Originally Posted by xsdbs
Not that I know of. The gracenotes is actually a function of the radio and you can get an update cd from Chrysler. Someone here may have the information on how to get it. As for the Uconnect system, I can provide you with the update file. I just need to know the model of the vehicle. (it does have to be a 2011 vehicle, there is no update for the other years).
Thanks. I have a 430 (RBZ) system in a 2011 Durango.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:33 AM
xsdbs
Captain

Do you need the Uconnect update file? If so then PM me with an email address and I will send it to you.

Originally Posted by provoking
Thanks. I have a 430 (RBZ) system in a 2011 Durango.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Troutslayer76

XSDBS,

I still have not got my iPhone 4 to work with the 430 RBZ. I have tried a two of the updates posted on the forum earlier on. Is there another one to try now? If you need my email address let me know. Thanks in advance!

Old 09-20-2011, 12:15 PM
xsdbs
Captain

Can you remove the dash end trim between the dash & the drivers door, look inside above the E brake pedal, you should see a module that looks like the picture below. Can you take a picture of it so I can see the PN & also the SW version. Thanks

Originally Posted by Troutslayer76
XSDBS,

I still have not got my iPhone 4 to work with the 430 RBZ. I have tried a two of the updates posted on the forum earlier on. Is there another one to try now? If you need my email address let me know. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by xsdbs; 03-06-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:00 AM
xsdbs
Captain

Ok, so Apple has provided a new set of updates:
4.2.10 for Verizon Iphone and
4.3.5 for ATT IPhone (3&4) as well as iPods.
With the Iphone there is a chance that you may experience 1 of 2 issues when plugging into the docking cable:
1) you may get an "error occurred" message,
or
2) you may get a long "reading" time frame that seems not to go away,
If you get these messages, you will also notice that on the phone will be another message "accessory device not supported by phone"
I have performed several different tests on the phones and found that this case seems to happen if you plug the cable into the phone when it is turned completely off.

So the “real world” case that this would happen is:
1)If a person has a phone that is paired to Uconnect, turns BT off to preserve the battery level,
2)Leaves the vehicle and does some activity where he / she will play the iPod during this activity,
3)Drains the battery down and the phone shuts off or they power off the phone to save some battery charge for calls before getting back to the car,
4)When they get back to the vehicle and plug the phone into the docking cable without having powered it up,
5)After the phone powers up a the “accessory not supported by Iphone” will pop up on the display,
6)If they immediately press the MEDIA button and select Aux Uconnect will show “Reading”, then “Error Occurred”, when the error box goes away the Aux screen shows 00:00 on the timer and the < > & ll buttons are light blue (inactive),

Steps to get past the “Error Occurred” message
1)Unplug the docking cable, power up the phone after the phone is powered up, plug in the docking cable, press the Media button, select “Aux”, Uconnect will Read then start playing,
2)If not done as described in step #1, I have had to unplug up to 4 times before “Reading” was done and play started,

Originally Posted by xsdbs
WELL HERE WE GO AGAIN:::::::: if you have an ipod or iphone,
please do not do the 4.3.5 update till i can test it. I have just been told by a person that I have helped with the Uconnect update that there is a new problem with this update. I will be testing it and let you know more soon.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:14 AM
2011HEAT
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have a gen 3 or 4 ipod video I'm trying to get to play through my 430N. Did anyone get it to work yet? Read through pages of posts but can someone tell me if it works or not. Don't want to remove my dash piece to get to the module unless people have had success.

Is it as simple as loading the USB with the update or are there still problems? Thanks!

Quick Reply: IPod and Mediacenter 430?