Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went on to Summit and saw what you are talking about. That picture they show is different than what the 3815 looks like, it has an extra button that the 3815 doesn't have. And the pic must be pretty new bc it shows the Mileage XS tune as an option.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:24 AM
kvenzel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will they ever make a SC for the 07 4.7 Dodge Ram

Old 03-16-2009, 10:15 AM
freberd
Default Super chip questions

We have a 2003 quad cab 4x4 hemi and would like info about the super chip.
Does this really work? We would like extra power because we just bought a camper and also pull a boat.
Does it really help with mpg?

thanks

Old 03-16-2009, 10:30 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by freberd
We have a 2003 quad cab 4x4 hemi and would like info about the super chip.
Does this really work? We would like extra power because we just bought a camper and also pull a boat.
Does it really help with mpg?

thanks
To be honest, I have seen no mpg gain in most settings. There might be something there with the performance setting, but I can't keep my foot out of it to find out (though even with a heavier foot, my mpg has not dropped, so there might be something there).

yes it does really work! you will feel a little extra power (don't expect miracles). but more importantly/significantly, you will experience an improvement in shifts. shift timing and firmness will be much more conducive to towing as she will hold a gear longer and produce a bit more power throughout.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Superchips Tom
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I just went on to Summit and saw what you are talking about. That picture they show is different than what the 3815 looks like, it has an extra button that the 3815 doesn't have. And the pic must be pretty new bc it shows the Mileage XS tune as an option.
FYI... We issued a press release last week announcing our all-new Flashpaq and Mileage XS products. I included it below. The 3815 is being replaced with the 3865. The databases are the same as before, but we improved the user interface reduced the size.
Superchips Releases All New Flashpaq

Sanford, FL When Superchips introduced the original Flashpaq, electronic vehicle tuning technology took a revolutionary leap forward. Flashpaq dominated the competition by offering outstanding vehicle performance with user-adjustable tuning features. By combining powertrain programming, data acquisition, and regular internet updates, Superchips introduced an advanced vehicle tuning device that not only increased performance, but also worked as a vehicle monitoring system, scan tool to diagnose and reset trouble codes, and driver performance data logger traditionally only found on expensive racecar data acquisition systems. Today, Flashpaq continues to be an industry leader maintaining Superchips status as the best-selling performance programmer company in the world.

After twenty-five years of performance tuning, Superchips proudly announces its newest revolution in hand-held programmers -- the Flashpaq receives a complete redesign for 2009 (part numbers 1855, 1865, 2855, 2865, 3855, 3865, 3875, and 4865). Superchips conducted exhaustive research and benchmarking including collaborating with customers and enthusiast clubs to find out what they liked about the first-generation Flashpaq and what needed improvement. These efforts, combined with the latest innovations in integrated circuit, software, and material design, resulted in a vehicle performance programmer that is more versatile, more reliable, more powerful, and more rugged while shrinking roughly 50% of the first-generation size.

The Flashpaq features new electronics for faster programming performance and better reliability inside a sleek yet durable new case design for simple one-handed operation. The small size and dimmable backlit screen make the new Flashpaq a complementary in-cabin real-time vehicle sensor display that fits in most universal cell phone holders. The easier to use menus and upgraded buttons are in response to customers wanting an intuitive programmer allowing them to enjoy their newly installed tunes even faster. A USB 2.0 plug upgrade was added to the board for fast and easy plug-and-go internet updates. All of this and Flashpaq still boasts the number one engine and model coverage in the industry and works with most intake and exhaust kits right out of the box.

The all new Flashpaq product line consists of eight part numbers covering a broad range of cars, trucks and SUVs -- two part numbers for Ford applications, GM family applications, Chrysler/Dodge applications, and one each for Nissan/Infiniti and Jeep applications. All eight are available for purchase in retail stores and online wherever automotive performance products and accessories are sold.

Whether you need power, performance, drivability, or improved mileage, Flashpaq, Mileage XS, Cortex, and Tirepaq from Superchips can provide it. Superchips has the number one engine and mode coverage in the industry offering a complete line of hand-held programmers for most late-model cars, trucks, and SUVs.
This sales bulletin was published to our distributors like Summit and Auto Anything:
Superchips introduces its next-generation Flashpaq Programmers
Available March 16, 2009
Superchips proudly announces the all-new, next generation Flashpaq vehicle performance programmers. The new and improved Flashpaq programmers embody a smaller, sleeker new design and new electronics, which allow for faster performance, more efficient use and fewer part numbers covering more vehicle applications. The new design also features an improved dimmable backlit LCD screen for better readability, step-by-step menus and upgraded ‘five-button’ keypad for easier programming.

Features and Benefits:
  • Fewer part numbers – eight parts delivering the most extensive application coverage in the industry
  • Narrative step-by-step user interface including Quick Tuning for easier programming
  • Faster internet updating times for more reliable updates
  • Smaller programmer design fits in the palm of the hand and works well in-cabin
  • Five button keypad for easier menu navigation and programming
  • Smaller box sizes
  • Nissan coverage
  • Jeep coverage
  • Includes 2009 MY and beyond coverage (‘three button’ Flashpaq covers 1999-2008MY)
Regards,

Tom Bennett
Superchips, Inc.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Superchips Tom
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by steve0
I might have missed this question while reading all these post but can you turn the MDS off with the SC Cortex programmer, and is there any real difference between the 3815 and the Cortex besides the tranny warranty?
Cortex has at least four unique features not found in 3815: (1) a two-year powertrain warranty, (3) easier to use 'quick tuning' menus, (3) the capability to talk to gasoline and diesel vehicles with the same device, and (4) an Alumitec bezel with chrome buttons and rubber-grip case. The 3865 [replacing the 3815 this spring] will include the improved menus and communications capabilities; therefore, the big difference between Cortex and Flashpaq is the warranty. MDS on/off is in both product lines.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:13 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Superchips Tom
We issued a press release last week announcing our all-new Flashpaq and Mileage XS products. I included it below. The 3815 is being replaced with the 3865.
Thanks for the heads up Tom.

Sil

Old 03-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Kebo
Professional
Question

Originally Posted by Superchips Tom
FYI... We issued a press release last week announcing our all-new Flashpaq and Mileage XS products. I included it below. The 3815 is being replaced with the 3865. The databases are the same as before, but we improved the user interface reduced the size.

Tom, I ordered a 3815 from an authorized dealer last Wed. Then after I ordered they informed that they didn't really have it in stock. Anyway, on Friday, they told me that they were waiting on a shipment from ya'll. That there was a shortage on some chip that was needed and that my unit would ship on March 17th. So, would this mean that I am receiving one of the newer models? Thanks.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:48 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nobody still cant answer my question??

Old 03-16-2009, 04:03 PM
ak_hemi
Amateur

Hello,

I'm considering the purchase of a SC tuner for my 04 QC 5.7L; we have a pop-up slide in camper in the truck all year round and am interested in the tow program for better low end and shifting.

I'm confident that it will better our experience, but I need to convince the wife that it will actually pay for itself in increased MPG.

Can anyone comment further on the MPG impact? Maybe something specific to the tow program? If we can realistically squeeze out +2 or +3 MPG I think I can sell it.

Since owning the truck my MPG hasn't changed more than 1 or 2 points regardless of how I drive. When I put the camper on I lost about 2 to 3 points from weight and wind resistance. We're hoping to get that back and increase the power/torque and shifting.

Thanks,
BZ

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates