Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Jason D
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason D
I just got off the phone with Superchips tech department and they say that they can only do calibrations for the new vehicles as they come out. So apparently no one with a 2008 with a sport package had yet to buy a Cortex tunner. I was also told that I will be waiting 7-10 buisness days for a reply or an update. So looks like a couple of weeks!

Well I just figured I would give a little update in case anyone comes along the same problem as I did with the Superchips tuner not recognizing their vehicle.

I am happy to say that I did manage to get my tuner updated and instaled on my truck today, and NO MORE STUPID *** MDS anymore!!!

I never did receive any update info from Superchips in the form of Email or a phone call like I was told that I would. But I did get Superchips Scott from the forum here to reply to a PM and tell me that I was good to go with my update software today.

So all in all six days or technicaly 4 working days to get my calibration all worked out was not to bad. And realy I think that it must have been done on Friday if I would have called them.

Thanks again Scott, much appreciated!

Old 03-30-2009, 07:45 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey, I'm in Cocoa, Fl. If you need an '04 Hemi, I'm in, especially if it has anything to do with custom tunes so I can drop in my cam....

Current 3815 owner btw, for about three years now...

Old 03-31-2009, 02:15 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Happy to help out! If anyone else has any issues or needs help feel free to let me know.

Scott

Originally Posted by Jason D
Well I just figured I would give a little update in case anyone comes along the same problem as I did with the Superchips tuner not recognizing their vehicle.

I am happy to say that I did manage to get my tuner updated and instaled on my truck today, and NO MORE STUPID *** MDS anymore!!!

I never did receive any update info from Superchips in the form of Email or a phone call like I was told that I would. But I did get Superchips Scott from the forum here to reply to a PM and tell me that I was good to go with my update software today.

So all in all six days or technicaly 4 working days to get my calibration all worked out was not to bad. And realy I think that it must have been done on Friday if I would have called them.

Thanks again Scott, much appreciated!

Old 03-31-2009, 02:17 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

I will be sure to keep you in mind.

Scott

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Hey, I'm in Cocoa, Fl. If you need an '04 Hemi, I'm in, especially if it has anything to do with custom tunes so I can drop in my cam....

Old 03-31-2009, 09:31 PM
ddgluck

Just received the SC. Thank Moes!!

So I've been searching and reading and reading.. seems like there's lots of thoughts around what tune people are running. So I'm turning to the DF experts....can someone summarize what's the best tune/gas combo? MileageXS w/89 octane?

I use my car as a daily driver, would rather not put 91 octane unless absolutely necessary. I don't tow that often and don't plan on many mods, besides CAI. I'd just like to have some increased torque, HP, MPG, and better shifting.

Thoughts?

08 5.7 QCSB 4x4 20's

Old 03-31-2009, 09:35 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I like the 91 tune with 93 gas. I have gotten my best results with that combo.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:51 AM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm actually getting better mileage with the 91 perf tune than the mileage XS tune on my Ram. Mileage XS bumped my in city mileage from an average of 13.1 to 13.8. I filled up with 93 and put the performance tune on two tanks of gas ago, and I've run 14.4 on the first tank, and 14.3 on the second. Not quite enough to offset the extra cost of 93 octane vs 87, but the throttle response is a lot crisper.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:25 PM
navman28
Default Superchips has fixed the problem

Product has arrived.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

PM me your contact info and I will look into this personally.

Scott

Originally Posted by navman28
If anyone from Superchips actually checks this, please check on RA 65918. First, it is labeled in the system as Off Road magazine which is incorrect. It is for Flashpaq 3815 SN 01360457. The contact information is for a Gerald something which is incorrect as well. It was received by Superchips on 24Mar09 as confirmed by the USPS and sent to the Software division. According to the notes posted on the company system about my product, the last note posted was on 25Mar09 stating it was received. No other notes were entered in the system. I called on 01Apr09 and told this information from the customer service rep, who went to try and find out more information and stated that everyone was probably out to lunch and to leave a message with the manager, Brian and the rep would also send him an email. I left a message with Brian and no one has called me back with the current status of my product. So what is the status and when can I expect it returned to me completely unlocked and in proper working condition? I paid the $100 unlock fee and there was a problem with unlocking the Flashpaq due to a software issue that the Software division couldn't figure out and needed it in the division. Then I was told that I would have to pay $79.95 to have it looked at in the division even though I paid a $100 fee for a product unlock that was not unlocked. Finally, after stating this to a different rep, the rep said to send it in and gave me the RA number and waiving the $79.95 fee. I know I don't have the receipt, but I expected a little more from this company. I understand all the fees since I don't have the receipt and this is the only way for the company to get back some money that might be lost to someone selling a used one when they could have bought a brand new one. The best part is, I live in Rockledge, FL which is 45 mins from Sanford. I just want to know what the status of my Flashpaq is and when will it be returned to me in the proper working condition. I am not satisfied by the manner the company has handled this, and unless Superchips pulls out a miracle and lets me know when it will be returned and its current status, I will NEVER buy a Superchips product again, I will advise anyone considering to buy a product not to by telling them my experience dealing with the company, and contact the Better Business Bureau. But please act on this so that the previous steps won't happen.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Superchips Tom
Former Vendor
Default California Air Resources Board and EOs...

Just an FYI

I share the press release (see below) with our Dodge customers so they can appreciate some of the challenges facing the performance tuning industry. Enforcement actions like the one described below are difficult for manufacturers to overcome, so we're diligent in our efforts to stay in emissions compliance. You'll note this sanction was against 'off road' and/or 'racing' vehicles... Some will say "... but I'm not in California" which is valid for most customers. But, the federal EPA uses CARB standards for aftermarket components since it doesn't have a procedure other than the ones designed for the vehicle manufacturers. Therefore, you pass CARB testing to sell in the rest of the states.

Sand Car Association pays $600,000 for illegal vehicle sales - Penalties apply to 37 manufacturers

SACRAMENTO - Last month the California Air Resources Board fined a consortium of sand car sellers $600,000 for its members' illegal engine and vehicle sales between 2006 and 2008.

ARB investigators found that illegal engines and vehicles were being sold in California by several sand car manufacturers. The penalties from this case apply to 37 members of the newly formed association that were selling uncertified products.

"Industries that cater to off-road enthusiasts must also consider their product's impact on the environment," said ARB Chairman Mary D. Nichols. "Uncontrolled emissions from these vehicles add to California's already serious smog problems."

As a result of the investigation, most major sand car manufacturers and some engine suppliers located in California formed the Sand Car Association. to ensure that its members build compliant products. The association's formation has resulted in
industry self-enforcement and California certification of three engines for use in sand cars.

ARB is still investigating other sand car manufacturers that are producing and selling illegal non-California certified vehicles.

Sand cars are off-road vehicles popular at state and federal recreation areas like Pismo Beach and Glamis Dunes. The Department of Motor Vehicles can revoke registrations of illegal vehicles; therefore, it is important that dealers and purchasers
ensure that the vehicles are legal in California.

Clean vehicle engines cut smog-forming emissions and improve fuel economy, reducing harmful greenhouse gases. Smog can cause respiratory problems, including asthma, and effects the lung function growth of children.

The Air Resources Board is a department of the California Environmental Protection Agency. ARB's mission is to promote and protect public health, welfare, and ecological resources through effective reduction of air pollutants while recognizing and
considering effects on the economy. The ARB oversees all air pollution control efforts in California to attain and maintain health based air quality standards.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates