Old 10-24-2009, 09:21 PM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gish71
go '04's......closer for us 4.7's !
This is what Scott posted on another forum Friday:

Originally Posted by Scott@SC
Yes, it's coming soon. We now have several 04 betas testing the new trans options and hope to have 05-06 betas ready to go soon after. The 4.7L is next.

Scott
4.7L is definitely in queue.

Sil

Old 10-24-2009, 09:39 PM
SilentRamAD
Veteran

Now is this for the 4.7L in general or each year to begin testing after the 05-06's turn, and if so what order for the 4.7 testing . . . can't wait (But of course I will though custom 4.7L shifting here we come [In due time])

Old 10-24-2009, 10:28 PM
davb673
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilentRamAD
Now is this for the 4.7L in general or each year to begin testing after the 05-06's turn, and if so what order for the 4.7 testing . . . can't wait (But of course I will though custom 4.7L shifting here we come [In due time])
I am right with you Silent, but I honestly hope I beat SC to the punch and get a 5sp stuffed in my truck before 4.7 support is ready.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:26 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran
Default Vehicle Support for PT and TM

any love for the 03 guys?
Here are two posts from Scott@SC that I've pulled from a couple of the forums. The questions were about supported vehicles.

Current plans are to cover 04-09 HEMI Rams, 04-08 4.7L Rams, 07-08 HEMI and 4.7L Jeeps.

Durango's and Dakotas are also on the list but I don't have any accurate year ranges at this time to offer. I suppose more data will come to me once we are closer to a final release.

Scott
Q: Will these new features eventually apply to the 06+ Dakotas?

Yes these options will apply to 4.7L and 5.7L Dakota's and Durango's. If the V6 models have either the NGC3 or NGC4 transmission in them then they apply as well.

Scott
Hope it helps.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:04 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

I don't have as much of a review to report as the others. There are some problems specifically with my truck (damn chrysler whoring out pcms) that make it very time consuming for me to change the program. however, one thing I can certainly say is that this package delivers.

All I had asked SC for was the option to reduce TM even further, and now I have it. driving around normally, I CAN'T FEEL IT SHIFT. With the TM down to about 5% the shifts are so fast and so uneventful its sick. You can hear the exhaust note change and see the tach drop, but no shift bump, no loss of power in between, nothing. Punching it on the highway makes the truck shift right now, not a second later like it used to, and the shift itself is faster also.

Note that the 04s will not have the option of individual TM setting for each gear like the 07-08s have. We get one setting that applies to every gear at every throttle position, but that's plenty good for me.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:06 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Here's a quick vid of the 1-2 shift. This is about 20-25% throttle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozUiI1HsvVk

Old 10-25-2009, 10:12 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
Here's a quick vid of the 1-2 shift. This is about 20-25% throttle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozUiI1HsvVk
Very impressive!

Keep in mind folks, George is running 35 inch tires and the truck is pulling effortlessly at 20-25% throttle. Cool video bro. Thanks for sharing!

Sil

Old 10-25-2009, 10:30 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Sorry about the redneck music. If you listen closely, you can hear how quick the shift is.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:43 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
I don't have as much of a review to report as the others. There are some problems specifically with my truck (damn chrysler whoring out pcms) that make it very time consuming for me to change the program. however, one thing I can certainly say is that this package delivers.

All I had asked SC for was the option to reduce TM even further, and now I have it. driving around normally, I CAN'T FEEL IT SHIFT. With the TM down to about 5% the shifts are so fast and so uneventful its sick. You can hear the exhaust note change and see the tach drop, but no shift bump, no loss of power in between, nothing. Punching it on the highway makes the truck shift right now, not a second later like it used to, and the shift itself is faster also.

Note that the 04s will not have the option of individual TM setting for each gear like the 07-08s have. We get one setting that applies to every gear at every throttle position, but that's plenty good for me.
Farhan,

Very nice initial review. Thank you for sharing!

Sil

Old 10-25-2009, 01:39 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
Sorry about the redneck music. If you listen closely, you can hear how quick the shift is.
that's what I was saying, the shifts are damn fast. if you're not paying attention you'll miss it. what how much TM are you running?

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates