Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 11:27 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill tell ya's i haven't put my tune in for my trans yet cause i will be getting my 4.56 gears installed soon and will wait for that but i reduced my tm to 20% and wow...nice option i used to have this lag between 1st and second shifts and now its gone....i can't wait for my new gears and to enter these options thank you goes out to s/c for one and mdsbigpapa....for helping me figure this out.....

Old 06-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Brock_USMC
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone else have any feedback on how the upgrade is working on the 4.7s yet? This is my deciding factor for buying one or not.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:12 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Check with rengnath. He seems to really like it and he's running a 4.7L.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2170326-post5.html

Sil

Old 06-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Brock_USMC
Professional

Thanks Sils

Old 06-20-2010, 10:46 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Last tank I got 15.8mpg's around town pulling ~12cord of wood at 4-6,000lbs each trailer load as well as a few trips to the lumber store to pick up 2 pallets of concrete.

My mpg's went up when I had my diablo upshifts altered and now it went up again with the downshifts added in.
My overhead read-out was showing 15.6mpgs and I was like...no freakin way. Well, I hand calculated it and I got this...348miles and filled up with 22gallons. I always fill up to the top for consistency, never just 1/2 or 3/4tanks which is tough to do when the gas prices get temporarily inflated because most stations around here have a $75 limit per creditcard each day. I always have 2 cards on me so that's and easy thing to get past.
*The limit per card is for stolen card abuse...You know, the guy going around and saying he'll pump $50 of gas into your car with his CC if you give him just $40 in cash. that right there screams...I stole this guys CC and I can't use it elswhere. I had a guy come up to me once. I had to report him just incase the card was stolen.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:35 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by jusjay727
ill tell ya's i haven't put my tune in for my trans yet cause i will be getting my 4.56 gears installed soon and will wait for that but i reduced my tm to 20% and wow...nice option i used to have this lag between 1st and second shifts and now its gone....i can't wait for my new gears and to enter these options thank you goes out to s/c for one and mdsbigpapa....for helping me figure this out.....
You're welcome, Jay. We'll get this figured out fer-sure.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by Hemi's Deer
Gasturbine, if you wanna go for diablo and your SC is for sale let me know, after what i've been reading it's still the best in my mind and i'll buy it from you.
Im not going with the Diablo, but if I was to do it over again, I would have.

Seems just changing tire size locks it to your vehicle as well, so even if I were to sell it, Id have to revert back to the wrong tire size/speedo error...grrrr.

I dont think Im asking that much, amd frankly, Im surprised people put these tunes in without knowing what they are exactly doing. I think SC should supply an FAQ or something, outlining each tune, and explaining EXACTLY what changes are being made.

Does that sound unreasonable? I know there is a SC employee that reads here.

-Chris

Old 06-20-2010, 05:42 PM
cwilly01
Default Please Help....Trying to make and understand schedule 08 Ram 4X4

Guys, I'm trying to get my arms around a schedule and wonder if any of you can look at this and let me know your thoughts. Trying to maximize downshifts while keeping rpm's down in the 40 - 55 mph range for traffic fuel economy. This is my first try, so any help is appreciated. Have not installed schedule as I need to know if it looks "workable".

Thanks

Chris

Attached Files
File Type: zip
08Ram-Sch-6-19-10.zip (13.0 KB, 23 views)
Old 06-20-2010, 07:18 PM
rengnath
Champion

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Check with rengnath. He seems to really like it and he's running a 4.7L.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2170326-post5.html

Sil
By far the best (most noticable) mod I have done performance wise is the transmission tuning. And this is comparing it to the bolt-on mods I have listed in my sig.
Bad news is I havent seen an increase in gas mileage .... because I constantly have my foot through the fire wall because I have that much fun with it. (Im also only 20, so that probably plays huge role in my lack of fuel economy, too)

Old 06-20-2010, 08:28 PM
cwilly01

Im not going with the Diablo, but if I was to do it over again, I would have.

Seems just changing tire size locks it to your vehicle as well, so even if I were to sell it, Id have to revert back to the wrong tire size/speedo error...grrrr.
Gasturbine - DS does the exact same thing. The Trinity and Predator come with NO manual of any kind, and the forum support is MUCH worse than SC. DS canned tunes are far too aggressive and will make your engine throw knock. For instance: you have to run 89 in order to run 87. Now you could adjust timing and fuel yourself, but with no manual and support you have to learn the tool.

So as much as I see you are frustrated with the SC, I would bet you a paycheck you'd hate the DS. You might ask how I'd know. Well, I just sold a DS Predator due to lack of support, no tranny tunning, no TM tunning, and poor canned tunes. I bought the SC 3865 and although not perfect, I've accomplished everything (including tranny schedule).

The grass is not always greener my friend!

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates