Received 1 Like on 1 Post

waiting is fine Sil just was wondering. and teach dont scare me like that lol

Old 11-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
and teach dont scare me like that lol
LOL, I thought you would like that! Seriously though, it will be worth the wait when you get your shot at beta testing the new features.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:02 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

oh yea i know i was just seeing if sil knew a rough date about the 05s. im going on a 300 mile drive in two weeks so i thought that would be a good time to test it lol

Old 11-29-2009, 06:36 PM
snowhill
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, i found it alot of good featurs

I see one is missing, How about transm. temp. monitor? That would be great
It should be no prob. because i see Edge Evolution has it.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:52 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

Did a little towing this afternoon and got a not-so-surprising surprise.

Turns out I forgot to reprogram the shifts for my OD Off shift schedule. Man, I couldn't believe what a turd it was when I put the truck in tow/haul mode. The stock schedule was almost a crime! Shifting way too early, not downshifting out of third even when I slowed down to 20 mph... it was horrible. So I kicked it back out of tow/haul and the thing towed perfect.

When I reprogram the OD Off schedule, I will replicate my 1-4 schedule. It towed like a dream.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:32 PM
70x7
Veteran

I read ALOT of these posts, but 151 pages was killing me! So I apologize if this was asked in previous posts that I didnt see...

I was curious if owners felt that the constant premium fuel cost was over shadowed by the hp gain. My gas 5.9 drinks gas like a mutant mosquito right now and I would hate to see my mpg drop below 10 especially if the price of gas goes beyond $4/gal again!!

I would like to the get a punch in performance out of my truck, since it feels somewhat sluggish, but want to do it smartly also.
Thanks

Old 12-05-2009, 11:35 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Discussions in another forum about When the transmission options will be released and why beta is taking so long...

I would like to add that not only are we testing shift schedules but SC has also been giving us (and you when released) tools to aid in defining your shift schedules. One mentioned by Rubberfrog and Sil earlier in this thread is the directional arrow of the shift point and its relationship to the stock setting.

With the latest release of beta software, we received some new NGC3 and NGC4 DAQ PIDs:
o Trans Oil Temp
o Current Gear - tells you the gear you're in
o Last./Current Shift - tells you last gear to current shift; ex: 5-3 down shift from 5th to 3rd...
o and many others

We learned the the PID "Rel. Throttle" in Throttle Detail in DAQ is a 1:1 correlation to TP% in our Shift Schedules.

We've discovered that with '07 and up, Dodge started treating 2P as a normal gear. Previous years needed 75% TP to drop into 2P and it was treated as a passing gear. '07 and up will downshift from 3rd to 2P at light throttle. (Found this with the Current Gear and Curr./Last Shift PIDs ) During normal up shifting it's 1-2-3-4-5 so 2P is not used during upshifting, it's only downshifted into. And if you think about it, 2P is a slightly taller gear than 2 so it makes sense to shift from 3 to 2P as opposed to shifting from 3 to 2.

I've been building an FAQ as we go along and it will be released when the engineers give it the OK.

We also have to test the tools SC is giving us; so you can see there's more to beta testing than meets the eye.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:39 AM
dr650rider

Originally Posted by mschuster

With the latest release of beta software, we received some new NGC3 and NGC4 DAQ PIDs:
o Trans Oil Temp
o Current Gear - tells you the gear you're in
o Last./Current Shift - tells you last gear to current shift; ex: 5-3 down shift from 5th to 3rd...
o and many others
Thanks for the update. Are you saying that we'll be able to see the gear info and trans oil temp while driving? I assume this will require leaving the tuner hooked up to the vehicle correct?

Old 12-06-2009, 09:03 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

yes and yes

Old 12-06-2009, 10:47 AM
dr650rider

awesome!...will we be able to manually shift on the fly as well?

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates