Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 02:17 PM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jk360
so im going to pick up my 3865 now. its about a half hour drive and mostly highway. im gonna reset my overhead before i leave and see what my average mpg is on the way there. once im at the shop ill plug it in, have it learn my stock tune, and then use the 91 quick tune (i have 93 in there now) and use the tire calibration (i have 35's) and reset the overhead again when i leave the shop and see if theres a difference right away. im not expecting a bige difference, but if there is awesome!
When you plug your tire size numbers in, make sure you measure from the ground to the top middle of your tire. That's what you'll enter into the tire size option.

Sil

Old 02-01-2010, 02:18 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by jusjay727
dang sil you got me all excited....and it still looks like jibberish to me....
I updated my previous post to give it a little better visual effect.

Sil

Old 02-01-2010, 02:21 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats much better sil thanks....

Old 02-01-2010, 04:18 PM
jk360
Veteran

OK so when i parked at the shop, my overhead read 10.1 mpg. average speed was 70-75mph (my speedo is off, but my gps is dead on). bought the tuner, set it up, loaded the 91 tune, adjusted my tire siz(34"), changed the rev limiter to 6100 and raised the speed limiter to 140. drove home the same way, if not a little harder to see the power difference, and when i parked in my driveway the overhead read 12.6!! if thats accurate and i gained that much more mpg's AND more power at the same time this is def by far the BEST mod ive ever done!! i have exactly a half tank of gas left so ill do it more on paper to get a more exact measurment.

ok now some questions:
1: how do i update the tuner if it needs it?
2: did raising the rev limiter hurt or help performance?
3: what does idle-up do?
4: what does spark advance do?
5. and how do i use the data aquasition feature?

any help would be great. i havent really gotten on it yet because of traffic purposes, but once i have a chance to open her up and try the take offs from a stand still ill post more info

Old 02-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Jammen86er

If your speedo is off due to a different tire size that will also throw off your odometer and overhead mpg.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Ric@rdo

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Just a quick overview of how the shift schedule option functions in the program. I hope this helps some become a little more familiar with the program.

It can be overwhelming when you look see it in the tuner for the first time, but it's not as difficult as you think. Plus you'll have access to the betas for help and some shift schedules.

Take a look at the picture of my 1up and 2down stock shift schedule in the excel columns (please note: the TP%'s will vary over different years). The MPH numbers highlighted in yellow the user can change.

The object of the program is, using 1u/2d as an example, is to make the shifts more responsive. If you notice, in the stock graph of 1u/2d, the stock shift schedule is not very responsive.

Looking at the current stock numbers, you would want to move your up shifts out further and in turn move your down shifts closer. The closer the downshift to the up shift, the more responsive the down shift.

The beauty of the program is, you can make it more responsive in areas that you want a quicker downshift and not as responsive in areas you want a smoother transition. It's totally up to the user.

Please remember that what one user thinks is a great schedule, another user will want to change areas in that same schedule. There is no one size fits all shift schedule.

1U/2D Stock MPH (excel)

1U/2D Stock Graph (excel)

1U/2D User Graph (excel)

HTH,

Sil
After reading your post, I've realised that the best way to make our own shift schedule is by doing it on excell and later on adjust it. Can't wait to buy the Cortex

Old 02-02-2010, 01:14 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Ric@rdo
After reading your post, I've realised that the best way to make our own shift schedule is by doing it on excell and later on adjust it. Can't wait to buy the Cortex
Yep. A combination of visual and feel is best.

When the program releases, the beta folks will share excel files with you.

Sil

Old 02-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Ric@rdo

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
When the program releases, the beta folks will share excel files with you.
Great news!

Old 02-02-2010, 02:03 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we cant wait no longer come on s/c release em already.....

Old 02-02-2010, 04:37 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jk360
1: how do i update the tuner if it needs it?

5. and how do i use the data aquasition feature?
Glad somebody got their's to work on the first try. They are still workin on mine.

Anyway, for your first question, go to www.superchips.com and download the easyupdater program to your computer. Then use the supplied usb cable to plug in your FP to your computer and follow the screen. You can also download the advanced data aquisition software for it from there too.

As for question #5, I'm looking forward to using that too and the manual doesn't tell you much. I assume it's a menu option on the FP and you leave it plugged in while you run and it collects the data? Anyone have more details? I assume this because somewhere it does mention securing the FP in something like a cell phone holder when you drive around with it plugged in. Don't want it falling down and getting stuck under a pedal like a toyota floormat. LOL

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates