Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 09:31 PM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
sounds a lot like a trashed trans
The transmission will be fine. Superchips knows what they're doing with TM and these trucks. I'd be more worried about other tuning solutions and how their TM is applied.

The beauty of this program is, you don't have to set it to 0%. You have the control.

A stock or lightly modified Ram transmission can handle plenty. When folks decided to put down HP numbers well beyond the capabilities of the stock transmission, that's when problems occur.

Keep in mind, this is the same TCM programming they've been using for years. They are just giving us the ability to reduce TM further. It's how the application is programmed that's the key.

Sil

Old 09-16-2009, 09:32 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Eaton
Well, after several days of working with Sil, I have all of my trans options; I'd like to send out a big thanks to Sil, Derek, and the rest of the SC team for helping me iron-out the details.

These new options have completely changed the way my truck performs. The PT adjustments are amazing, and the combinations are endless. With these options, and some experimentation, there is no reason for your truck to run at it's full potential. I really like how you have the ability to adjust the MPH setting, for a corresponding TP%, within each shift; basically, you can control how your truck shifts based upon how aggresively you use the throttle. Most of us, following this thread, already have a SC for our trucks' as a whole, these new options are like getting an entirely new SC tuner for your trans; that's how intricate these options will be for everyone's trucks.

The TM adjustment is what really changes the way the truck feels. Right now, I have my TM adjustment set at 20%, and my WOT TM is set at 25%. The truck shifts lightning fast; their is absolutely NO hesitation between shifts. The truck feels as though it keeps accelerating while it is shifting. The shift feel, and throttle response, is VERY similar to how cable-driven throttle vehicles feel.

So far, I haven't experienced any anomilies; other than what has been previously mentioned. You all will love these new options. Now, I look for excuses to drive!

-Matt
07-08 Beta-Tester
Great feedback! Keep it coming. Thanks Matt.

Sil

Old 09-16-2009, 09:35 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any news on the 04-05 guys?? getting pretty anxious to test lol

Old 09-16-2009, 09:46 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

A little side note: the wife and I were going for coffee the other day. Since we live in the village, I was doing the speed limit (30mph) but, when I hit the end 30 mph speed limit, I punched it! She said, "My God, I didn't know I'd need a C-collar!"

Old 09-16-2009, 10:06 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by weedahoe
I cant put my finger on it but I know I upgraded to the 3865 some time back and havent had any issues. But then last week I upgraded the software and retuned the truck. Now I have an 04 so I really didnt notice any changes but today when I got out in the country and tried to use my Criuse Control it would engage but then kick out until eventually it would engage at all anymore. Now I know I could restore my stock tune and try to see if it would work but has anyone else had any issues like this?
Try resetting the PCM to see if that fixes your problem.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
any news on the 04-05 guys?? getting pretty anxious to test lol
I know at least one other 04-05 guy that can't wait to see some beta files released for those years.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:05 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I know at least one other 04-05 guy that can't wait to see some beta files released for those years.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Eaton

Just a little update...

I had more seat time today, and I am getting very close to dialing-in my upshifts. I tuned the truck 3-times today, and with each tune, the truck is running stronger and stronger. I have reduced my PT TM down to 6%, and my WOT TM is at 8%. I have been decreasing TM slowly because I want to see how the truck will respond; I didn't want to eliminate it immeadiately because I would have nothing to compare it to. The entire program seems to be working correctly; I haven't had any errors. I have the downshifts set to SC; as soon as I fine-tune the upshifts, I'll start to adjust the downshifts.

The best part of the PT adjustments is the fact that you can tailor the shifts, entirely, to your driving habits; not only can you adjust each upshift/downshift, but you can adjust the shifts according to how much throttle you apply within each shift. Another cool feature is how the truck downshifts. It downshifts very well set to SC. I was cruising today, and let off the throttle to coast; the truck starts to slow down, and it started gearing-down like a manual trans. I could actually see, and feel, the truck using the engine speed to slow down; the trans behaves sort of like it does when the truck is set in tow/haul mode, and coasting downhill

I had an interesting thing happen today. I was cruising in 2nd when I decided to mash the throttle (for the hell of it); the truck immeadiately accelerated, and proceeded to spin the tires (from second gear)! I had to pedal-it to get traction, then it chirped into 3rd. These tunes have to be experienced to be appreciated.

Matt
07-08 Beta-Tester

Old 09-17-2009, 05:40 PM
jdfisher

Just a little update...

I had more seat time today, and I am getting very close to dialing-in my upshifts. I tuned the truck 3-times today, and with each tune, the truck is running stronger and stronger. I have reduced my PT TM down to 6%, and my WOT TM is at 8%. I have been decreasing TM slowly because I want to see how the truck will respond; I didn't want to eliminate it immeadiately because I would have nothing to compare it to. The entire program seems to be working correctly; I haven't had any errors. I have the downshifts set to SC; as soon as I fine-tune the upshifts, I'll start to adjust the downshifts.

The best part of the PT adjustments is the fact that you can tailor the shifts, entirely, to your driving habits; not only can you adjust each upshift/downshift, but you can adjust the shifts according to how much throttle you apply within each shift. Another cool feature is how the truck downshifts. It downshifts very well set to SC. I was cruising today, and let off the throttle to coast; the truck starts to slow down, and it started gearing-down like a manual trans. I could actually see, and feel, the truck using the engine speed to slow down; the trans behaves sort of like it does when the truck is set in tow/haul mode, and coasting downhill

I had an interesting thing happen today. I was cruising in 2nd when I decided to mash the throttle (for the hell of it); the truck immeadiately accelerated, and proceeded to spin the tires (from second gear)! I had to pedal-it to get traction, then it chirped into 3rd. These tunes have to be experienced to be appreciated.

Matt
07-08 Beta-Tester
Thats impressive, what is your truck(reg cab-q cab) and what are your tire size, rear gear ratio and do you have limited slip?
BTW, I can hardly be patient to upload these trans tunes for my 06

Old 09-17-2009, 08:51 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Just a little update...

Matt
07-08 Beta-Tester
Thanks Matt for your continued feedback. Let us know how the downshifts go.

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates