Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 05:06 PM
jk360
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04HemiGreg
Glad somebody got their's to work on the first try. They are still workin on mine.

Anyway, for your first question, go to www.superchips.com and download the easyupdater program to your computer. Then use the supplied usb cable to plug in your FP to your computer and follow the screen. You can also download the advanced data aquisition software for it from there too.

As for question #5, I'm looking forward to using that too and the manual doesn't tell you much. I assume it's a menu option on the FP and you leave it plugged in while you run and it collects the data? Anyone have more details? I assume this because somewhere it does mention securing the FP in something like a cell phone holder when you drive around with it plugged in. Don't want it falling down and getting stuck under a pedal like a toyota floormat. LOL
yeah i figured out the update last night, and im gonna try either later or tomorrow with the data reading. i really wish SC could figure out a way to tune the 03's. seems like anytime i wanna work on my truck my oprions are limited with this damn pcm!

Old 02-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Data acquisition is fairly simple to use. If your programmer did not come equipped with it simply download it through internet update.

Once loaded in your programmer select Additional Features in the main menu, followed by Data logging.

From there you will have 3 menu's to choose from:

Log by Speed
Log by Distance
Advanced

The log by speed is basically like the traps at the drag strip. It saves up to three runs in ranges from 0-40MPH up to 0-70MPH

The log by Distance records up to 3 60 FT, 330 FT, 1/8th mile, 1000 FT, and 1/4 Mile runs.

The Advanced function moves you into the actual engine data logging feature where you are able to record up to 4 sensors in real time.

Here are some of the menu sensors you can record in real time with the product: engine temp, intake manifold pressure, engine RPM, timing, fuel pressure, fuel trims from each O2 sensor, Air-Fuel ratios, EGR and Evap controls, Sensor voltage and much more.

Each vehicle is different and so not all the sensors listed above will be applicable to everyone but you will have quite a bit to play with no matter what supported vehicle you use the product for.

The final option that our advanced data acquisition offers you is a way to not only read the data but also to save it to your PC for future reference through our internet update software.

Once you have logged 4 sensors of interest for a period of time with the product remove the programmer from the vehicle and log into internet update. From there the program will ask you if you would like to save your data to your PC and in what format be it Excel, Adobe and more.

It really is a neat option to use and I definitely suggest that everyone give it a try.

Any questions feel free to PM me.

Scott

Old 02-02-2010, 06:11 PM
casper3380
Veteran

im am considered either he superchips 3865 or cortex 3950. i only have a k/n drop in for now, would it still be worth getting either of them?

Old 02-02-2010, 07:04 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by casper3380
im am considered either he superchips 3895 or cortex 3950. i only have a k/n drop in for now, would it still be worth getting either of them?
In my estimation, YES! The tuner will wake the beast within. With your CAI your truck can inhale much better but may still be limited exhaling until you replace the muffler. Because my truck had no sharp bends or "kinks" I just replaced my muffler with a FlowMaster 70 Series (I didn't want a loud exhaust with my grandkids sitting in the rear) and removed the rear resonator to get much better exhaling and great sound. And with the trans options your truck will shift like *you* want it to.

Good Luck

Old 02-03-2010, 08:41 AM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

That's all I have Casper. However, I saw no need for the CORTEX because I have no other vehicles it would be compatible with anyway. It appears to me that, while programmers, or at least SC's, might work fine with aftermarket addons such as intakes and exhaust, and you might even run better or well with them, they are actually coded to tune your truck against stock components (i.e. exhaust, intake, etc). So, the aftermarket addon stuff is not a prereq at all.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:51 PM
whipkeysd
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my flashpaq today but too much slush, rain, and now sleet with snow coming in for tonight to really test it out, but right away I can tell the difference. I went straight with the 93 tune and my truck is definately more responsive and transmission shifting and downshifting is 100% percent better already. I can't wait to get it out on the highway and also i'll be driving about 700-800 miles this weekend so I'll really get a feel for it. At the end of the month I'll also be pulling 7,000 lbs of truck and trailer on a very hilly highway so that'll be a good test for the tow tune as well. I'm definately satisfied with what it has done so far and can patiently wait for the future tranny tuning. Until the newness wears off that is.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:36 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had mine for about 3 weeks and the newness hasn't wore off yet....

Old 02-03-2010, 07:56 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by whipkeysd
I got my flashpaq today but too much slush, rain, and now sleet with snow coming in for tonight to really test it out, but right away I can tell the difference. I went straight with the 93 tune and my truck is definately more responsive and transmission shifting and downshifting is 100% percent better already. I can't wait to get it out on the highway and also i'll be driving about 700-800 miles this weekend so I'll really get a feel for it. At the end of the month I'll also be pulling 7,000 lbs of truck and trailer on a very hilly highway so that'll be a good test for the tow tune as well. I'm definately satisfied with what it has done so far and can patiently wait for the future tranny tuning. Until the newness wears off that is.
Try this to see if throttle response isn't better:

Turn key to ON - do not start. Mash the throttle to the floor and hold for 10 seconds. While still holding throttle to the floor, turn the key to off; wait another 10 seconds then slowly release the throttle. This should give you much better throttle response.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:16 PM
pousaan
Professional

What does this do/accomplish????

Old 02-03-2010, 08:23 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

i agree what does that accomlish? i cant imagine anything really...if you want better throttle response try cleaning the tb...or buy a fastman ported tb...

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates