Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:33 PM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoltenRAMer
So, it appears as if everything went through and was loaded...website says it is installed...but I am not able to find where to install the new option from my 3865 to my truck. Am I just ****ing blind??? Or did the download not go through and is not showing up as an option on my tuner?
It's under advance tuning, then options. If you've ever set your WOT shifts, it's there. Scroll down.

Shift Schedule
Torque Management

Sil

Old 05-05-2010, 10:58 PM
MoltenRAMer

Sils, followed what you said, but I have no "options" to choose from after going to "adavanced tuning". Only "power levels" is the only option that is displayed. Thanks for the quick response(s)! This is why I stick with Superchips...the customer service is the best!

Old 05-05-2010, 11:01 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Sils, followed what you said, but I have no "options" to choose from after going to "adavanced tuning". Only "power levels" is the only option that is displayed. Thanks for the quick response(s)! This is why I stick with Superchips...the customer service is the best!
Have you ever set your REV limit, WOT shifts, etc. in the tuner? If so, that's where this upgrade is located.

When you choose a tune under advance tuning, it takes you back to a menu and there is where you will find the options choice. It will do that every time.

Sil

Old 05-05-2010, 11:04 PM
rengnath
Champion

You have to click on advanced tuning, click on power levels, click on which level you want (like 91 performance) and then it will finally be under those options.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:14 PM
MoltenRAMer

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Have you ever set your REV limit, WOT shifts, etc. in the tuner? If so, that's where this upgrade is located.

When you choose a tune under advance tuning, it takes you back to a menu and there is where you will find the options choice. It will do that every time.

Sil
Thanks! You da man. I got it!

Old 05-06-2010, 01:19 AM
SilentRamAD
Veteran

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
If you were successful in downloading the files for your 4.7L be very careful as we do not have support setup for those models at this time.

We are planning to support them but need more test time. We do not recomend anyone download these files to their 4.7L until we can release a formal statement that they are 100%.

Scott
By all means let us know if you need testers, I'm pretty sure there's a few of us floating around that wouldn't mind chipping in to help get this rolling for the 287 Crew.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:20 AM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since some people appear to be having problems figuring out how and where to get the trans update, I made this quick little video just now. Youtube trashed the quality but if you ever used the Superchips easy updater before, you will be able to follow along. Since I already had the option installed, I didn't go through the checkout procedure. All you do is click "add to cart" then "Checkout" and enter in your payment info. Follow onscreen instructions and it will autoupdate and let you know when its okay to unplug the tuner. After that, go out to the truck and load the new trans options onto your truck. Like I said its a crappy vid, but you'll get that basic idea of what to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgnWZAjuDFY

Old 05-06-2010, 02:36 AM
ArkHemi
Professional

Nice video. I haven't had a chance to load it onto my truck yet so it is nice to see what it looks like. Thanks.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:09 PM
CSouth81
Default Dissapointment....

I bought the 3865 a while back for my 2005 2wd 4.7 QC Ram going on all of the feedback from here and from else where about how much of a difference you feel in driving when on the performance tune.... I ran all the 87octane out of the tank filled it with 91 and tuned it to performance and still feels the same. I was told that it takes a while for it to learn the new tune so I waited, 5 tanks later I still noticed nothing but I was told to put it back to stock and I would notice how much of a dog it would be. Put it back to stock and I feel NO difference. The ONLY noticable difference was the WOT shift points. Other than that you'd never convince me that it was tuned. I check and it says tuning installed blah blah blah. On wet tar it still wont even spin the tires (whatever comes standard from factory on 20's). So whats wrong with it. Truck has just over 60K on the ticker and runs very well so I dont know what could be the issue but am very dissapointed with the tuner.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:59 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, just finished up on my shift schedule. I'm loving it, it's like driving a whole new truck. I kinda based mine off of Teach's at first but his TP% were way off from mine so I tweaked everything to make it work. Went for a test drive, certainly don't have any problems with acceleration lol. I can't imagine how crazy the potential is for the 4.56 gear guys. Superchips has done a great thing here

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates