Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 05:06 PM
jk360
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i am assuming that this upgrade does NOT include the 03's?? just something else us 03 owners get screwed on.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:39 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Originally Posted by jusjay727
we all told you not to expect a supercharged ram with a $300 tuner...but by far this is the best and most hp gain for that kinda money and to me you didnt even give it a chance. your so wishy washy with perf parts its crazy nothing satifies you when you buy it...and for $300 your not gonna find anything that will give you the gains and control this will...and to top it all off i called the fact youd sell it and now look youll prolly run out and buy a dsp for why?...cause you wont be happy there either trust me...and are you really gonna cam that thing or do anything to it a canned tune wont help?.... so with that said.....onto the gripping about the charges people get over it...you gotta pay to play....

Jason, I'm not exactly sure what your issue is but you have been on a tear as of late. There is no reason for you to be so passionately upset about my decision. I made a very clear and coherent explanation why I didn't like the product; what's the big debate? I never claimed I expected a "supercharger" result, please stop putting words in my mouth. I didn't like that it gave my truck a rough idle, period. Secondly, I did not like the rough shifts; to each his own. Stop over generalizing me as a person it's not appreciated.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:58 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05DodgeRamHemi
Jason, I'm not exactly sure what your issue is but you have been on a tear as of late. There is no reason for you to be so passionately upset about my decision. I made a very clear and coherent explanation why I didn't like the product; what's the big debate? I never claimed I expected a "supercharger" result, please stop putting words in my mouth. I didn't like that it gave my truck a rough idle, period. Secondly, I did not like the rough shifts; to each his own. Stop over generalizing me as a person it's not appreciated.
joe, no tears in my beer sorry...and im not passionately upset over it...im not meaning by any means to put words like supercharged in your mouth if you read alot of my posts it seems everyone expects that so yes i did generalize it and i apologize if you take it the wrong way. rough shifts was the tuner updated or did you contact s/c about it? it may have been something real simple...but like you said each to his own...i have a good intuition about you joe and how you want your ram to run i spent alot of time on the 2nd gen side of things with you and so far you seem to be going the same direction with this ram....thats why i said you should have given it a chance. but if you dont want too thats fine...i just relate how i like mine to run and you and others seem to want a similar amount of power if not more out of your trucks....sorry if you and others take text the wrong way ....what can i do....

Old 04-08-2010, 09:08 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Well Jason, I'm not exactly sure what kind of intuition you have about me, but I hope it's something along the lines of me just caring a lot about my truck. I take a lot of pride in keeping my truck clean at all times inside and out, AND keeping up on all of the maintainence. As far as the update, I did update it and the shifts were still rough, maybe some like that, but I didn't. Tonight on the way down to work was the first time I drove the truck with the stock tune and I was just fine and dandy with it. I even did a couple of passes and I very much enjoyed getting the smooth shifts back at WOT; I wasn't a fan of the hard shifts. As I said, I'm happy I'm getting my full refund while I'm still within the 30 days and I am also happy I have Superchips a fair shot to impress me and it didn't do that. No hard feelings about it, I just didn't care for it.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by 05DodgeRamHemi
Well Jason, I'm not exactly sure what kind of intuition you have about me, but I hope it's something along the lines of me just caring a lot about my truck. I take a lot of pride in keeping my truck clean at all times inside and out, AND keeping up on all of the maintainence. As far as the update, I did update it and the shifts were still rough, maybe some like that, but I didn't. Tonight on the way down to work was the first time I drove the truck with the stock tune and I was just fine and dandy with it. I even did a couple of passes and I very much enjoyed getting the smooth shifts back at WOT; I wasn't a fan of the hard shifts. As I said, I'm happy I'm getting my full refund while I'm still within the 30 days and I am also happy I have Superchips a fair shot to impress me and it didn't do that. No hard feelings about it, I just didn't care for it.
Are you sure you don't want to wait till the new updates are released? It is going to allow you to tune your shifts just the way you like them. Since you already have the tuner it might be worth it to hold onto it for a little while to try the updates.

Side note: if you are sending it back for a refund why do you have it listed in the classifieds?

Old 04-08-2010, 09:14 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

i gotcha ya...completely....my shifts are great except for my wot 1-2 issue but im getting that looked at soon as he gets a minute or two and when i have them....butr my issue is not w/ my s/c it actually makes it shift fine but its your deal as long as your happy

Old 04-08-2010, 09:41 PM
ArkHemi
Professional

Sil or anyone else who knows,

I have a question for when the update comes out. I'm running the 91 tune right now. Since this is such a big update, will I need to return my truck to stock before I load the new stuff or can I just go straight from the 91 tune into the new one?

Thanks,
William

Old 04-08-2010, 09:42 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Teach, I posted it in the classifieds section but then I chose to just sent it back in for the full refund. I have to cancel that post. I know that the tuner might give me some extra options, but I just am kind of turned off with modifying my vehicle as a whole. I've had nothing but bad luck in the past with doing fun things to vehicles; I just want my truck to drive new like it does. More importantly, the last thing a young 20 year old kid like me needs is a tuner that is going to encourage me to drive dangerously. The stock hemi motor is more than enough power than I should already have and I am just truly grateful and appreciative that I'm in a position where I can own such a beautiful truck at a young age.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:39 PM
AZZO540
Veteran

i have a flashpaq programmer for my truck and wonder if a msd hemi igtion system is compatible with it.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:36 AM
doneking
Amateur

I don't exactly know how SC is classifying the new trans options as either an update or upgrade, but like I posted before when I did my research on picking a tuner, I relied on the info that each company gave me. This is directly from SC's website and going on how they explain update vs. upgrade. I would have to rely on their own words as the new trans options isn't an upgrade...it is an update.

"Superchips also offers free updates over the internet so you can always have the latest tune for your vehicle, and we even offer an upgrade program that gives you a discount if you decide to upgrade to the next level programmer at a later date."

I like my SC tuner. And I don't necessarily jump for joy over paying for additional programming, but if I have to pay for it when it comes out, I'll do just that. I would really like to have the new features.

I know a lot of work went into getting this out to us. I also trust Scott, Sil, and the other that have tested the new features when they say it will be great! This is a discussion forum and all of are doing just that.

-DK

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates