Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks, I hope they get you taken care of and get it done quickly.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:49 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

wow really they were super good to me and fast about it....

Old 03-29-2010, 08:45 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone else having trouble with these guys? they keep brushing me off about my calibration not being supported its taking for ever to get a damn tune on my truck. the money you spend on a tuner you would think they would have it done somewhat quick.
yea its the same tune everyone else gets it just needs to be written in a format that my computer reads(this is speculation). I'm getting some crappy estimates for when its gonna be finished and its buggin me.
Originally Posted by Markmm0000
last monday they said 2-3 days then after that it was another day or 2 then after that sometime next week.
From reading the Superchips Forum, what I believe happened is this: They received your calibration and you were given the message about sending an e-mail to the engineer to have your calibration added to the truck database. This process usually takes 2-3 BUSINESS days. I believe your request spanned a weekend which SC does NOT work so you lost two days there.

Then SC ran into a problem with the compile of the database - something that does NOT happen - so they wanted to diagnose the problem and verify the compile. They were NOT happy with that compile so they chose to restart it again so the end users would not run into problems with that database.

I think they are close to getting everything in order now so hang in there, it will get MUCH better.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Markmm0000
Professional

not sure if were talking about the same post but i sent my info in on monday last week and was never told to email anybody. I just need to cool down. I'm looking forward to using the program.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:39 PM
skvmax4

this may have been asked (almost 200pgs)
If I upgrade to the new tuner is it any faster at programing than the old one , I find it slow maybe im impatient.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:42 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

To me it seemed faster after I put the new tuner on vs the 3815. I never did do a timed test though so I can't say for matter of fact.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:55 PM
skvmax4

I was just changing my settings and the question came to mind.
Will have to update after the trans options come out

Old 04-05-2010, 02:39 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Everyone have their Flashpaq 3865 or Cortex 3950 yet? You're going to need them very soon!

Folks, I've uploaded my shift schedules which include the KMPH conversion. Look them over and any constructive criticism is welcomed. You will find I have also included the Stock graphs within the same spreadsheets -- one-stop-shopping if you will.

The one thing I strongly recommendation, before actually tuning, is to go through all of the schedules and capture and record your Stock settings.

I also want to mention that your truck's calibrations will vary from mine which will include TP% values, Stock set points and, actual User settings so be prepared to make, in some cases significant, changes.

I've attached a ZIP file with my three shift schedules.

P.S. NO, sorry it hasn't been released yet but, it's coming to a tuner near you soon.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
Mark's Schedules.zip (66.5 KB, 52 views)
Old 04-06-2010, 05:16 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Official response from Superchips concerning the upcoming release of the transmission options:

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
We are currently working on buttoning this thing up within a few weeks. We just have a few quality issues we would like to address as well as making sure that all apps originally discussed are covered in a timely manner.

Management has discussed a fee being attached to this option after the initial release because of the invested time that has been spent creating it but there will be a limited time coupon code offered up to our HEMI friends on the boards as a thank you for sticking with us over the years that will allow you the ability to download the option free of charge for 72 hours.

As I hear more info I will be sure to update everyone who has been waiting on this option.

Scott

Old 04-06-2010, 05:28 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

a fee to charge customers for waiting patiently for over a year filled with promises of soon? lol, yikes. I thought that buying a whole new tuner for this specific update was a large enough fee but guess not.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates