Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Daytona359
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New to this, but can anyone tell me if you can buy unlocks for a Cortex? I got it on my 05 Ram with a Hemi. Any links to show me would be appreciated.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:10 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Attention Superchips users; *New* Superchips Update Software 3.0!

PLEASE UPDATE IMMEDIATELY TO THE NEW 3.0 UPDATER. Thank you!

Some important notes prior to installation;

1. You must remove the old update software, then you can install the new updater.

2. You'll have to re-register using your existing or new user name and password to use 3.0.

(The older system's data is not being moved over).

Download link:

Superchips Update Software 3.0

The new software is compatible with all versions of Windows including 32-bit and 64-bit.

Thanks!

Old 05-07-2011, 11:43 AM
JerzyJayRo
Amateur

http://www.superchips.com/forum/view...t=9672&start=0

BIG PAPPA,

I JUST READ YOUR POST
FAQ for Advanced Trans Upgrade

ON THE SUPERCHIPS FOURUM, WOW THAT WAS GREAT READING AND AWESOME LEARNING EXPERIENCE.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:42 AM
pitbull24
Veteran

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Attention Superchips users; *New* Superchips Update Software 3.0!

PLEASE UPDATE IMMEDIATELY TO THE NEW 3.0 UPDATER. Thank you!

Some important notes prior to installation;

1. You must remove the old update software, then you can install the new updater.

2. You'll have to re-register using your existing or new user name and password to use 3.0.

(The older system's data is not being moved over).

Download link:

Superchips Update Software 3.0

The new software is compatible with all versions of Windows including 32-bit and 64-bit.

Thanks!
Is this another update, or a reminder for those who may not have updated last month?

I actually plugged mine in Friday night to adjust some shift points and the programmer went into "boot loader" mode for like 10 minutes. I received the "up to date" message and tuned the truck as normal??

Old 05-08-2011, 02:21 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by pitbull24
Is this another update, or a reminder for those who may not have updated last month?
Reminder.

Sil

Old 05-08-2011, 03:10 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by JerzyJayRo
http://www.superchips.com/forum/view...t=9672&start=0

BIG PAPPA,

I JUST READ YOUR POST
FAQ for Advanced Trans Upgrade

ON THE SUPERCHIPS FOURUM, WOW THAT WAS GREAT READING AND AWESOME LEARNING EXPERIENCE.
Thanks! I wrote it based on the many questions that were raised while beta testing. Seemed like the right thing to do. It can also be found on www.mcfail.net/superchips.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Excellent job Mark!

Old 05-09-2011, 12:29 PM
JerzyJayRo
Amateur

I havent learned enough about the trans upgrade yet to warrant the purchase. I am new to superchips and new to dodge also. I completed my first tune. I set it to 87 octane,turned off mds cause of my cai,and flowmaster cat back...

However, it feels like im towing 6000 lbs when in first gear from a stop or when slowing down to a light and lite accel from 20mph..

Did i do something wrong?

Old 05-09-2011, 05:04 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Excellent job Mark!
Thanks Scott!

Originally Posted by JerzyJayRo
I havent learned enough about the trans upgrade yet to warrant the purchase. I am new to superchips and new to dodge also. I completed my first tune. I set it to 87 octane,turned off mds cause of my cai,and flowmaster cat back...

However, it feels like im towing 6000 lbs when in first gear from a stop or when slowing down to a light and lite accel from 20mph..

Did i do something wrong?
Don't think you did anything wrong. Here are a few things to try...

1) Check for codes.

2) Remove POSITIVE (+) battery cable and ground it to a good ground for 30 seconds. Reattach. You may have to reset the clock on the radio but you should not loose ay presets. This will reset your PCM and force it to re-learn how you drive.

3) Turn the key to ON (DO NOT START), mash the throttle to the floor and hold for 10 seconds. With pedal still to the floor, turn the key to OFF and hold for another 10 seconds. Slowly release the throttle. This will re-calibrate the throttle. Many folks say this procedure doesn't do anything but, from my experience, it doesn't hurt and I feel I get much better throttle response.

4) It's been a long time but, I think you'll find a basic trans option on your tuner even though you've not purchased the Advanced Trans Upgrade. I may be under Advanced tuning. If you have Shift Schedule there are only two options: Stock and Superchips. Select Superchips. Then in Torque Management also select Superchips. You cannot change any of the TP% values or TM but with setting them to Superchips, you should see a big improvement.

Good luck!

Old 05-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Logik287
Amateur

Hey, Im having a hard time finding a superchip for my truck. I own a 2003 dodge ram 1500 5.9L Gas

Could anyone direct me to where i could find one at a good price? What kind of HP gains would i be looking at? Also, does the unit stay connected at all times, if so do they sell a mount for it? Can you change your settings on the fly, say from economy to performance settings? Thanks in advance for the help!

Forgot to add, If there is a better option offered by another brand of chip I'd also love to hear about it. Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates