Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 05:31 PM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeHemi
a fee to charge customers for waiting patiently for over a year filled with promises of soon? lol, yikes. I thought that buying a whole new tuner for this specific update was a large enough fee but guess not.
Joe,

It's free for the first three days with the coupon, that Scott will eventually post.

I'm sure the fee won't be outrageous.

Sil

Old 04-06-2010, 05:56 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea very true, but still, many people only upgraded from the 3815 because of the new trans options. That on average is around $150-$200 more invested for a new tuner that had no more capabilities at the time than the 3815. To even considerer adding an additional fee, no matter how small, is in bad taste in my opinion. It's great they are offering the free coupon for an advertised feature that never indicated a fee. I love superchips and will continue to use their products, but sometimes I gotta shake my head.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:43 AM
ArkHemi
Professional

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Official response from Superchips concerning the upcoming release of the transmission options:

Charging a fee for this is just straight up WRONG!!! Excessively poor decision on Superchips part. Nearly everyone on here including myself who originally had the 3815 spent more money to get the 3865 just for this purpose. Bad, bad, bad business practice!

Old 04-07-2010, 04:00 AM
Skullycapone
Rookie

What a scam

First of all this has taken way to long

Secondly don't you think you already earned enough money off this gimmick by forcing people to buy the newer SC models even though anyone with any knowledge of this would tell you the 3815 would of worked just fine? I think its disgusting that you have tricked people into thinking the 3815 is useless and having them send it to you so you can replace the .50 chip inside to a 3865 and then send it right back to the custom for few hundred more dollars. When are you going to tell the people that all the 3815 SC that were sent to you losers for trade in were cobbled up with a .50 chip replacement and resold for a few hundred more dollars to another customer?

Now you want to charge for an update after all your customers supported you, waited patiently for a year while other products out there were better and went ahead and ordered unneccessary new superchip product just for this update?

You people make me sick, if this was my board Superchips would be barred from it. As I said several months ago on here, there will come a day when you will pay for your dishonesty and scams.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:35 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Skullycapone
there will come a day when you will pay for your dishonesty and scams.
What's dishonest and morally wrong, advocating hacking the Superchips product on a public forum. You did do that Jack, so your response is very disingenuous.

Sil

Old 04-07-2010, 07:43 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by ArkHemi
Charging a fee for this is just straight up WRONG!!! Excessively poor decision on Superchips part. Nearly everyone on here including myself who originally had the 3815 spent more money to get the 3865 just for this purpose. Bad, bad, bad business practice!
Did you read the whole response?

there will be a limited time coupon code offered up to our HEMI friends on the boards as a thank you for sticking with us over the years that will allow you the ability to download the option free of charge for 72 hours
It will be free, just for a limited time. For Superchips to continue to provide tuning, like any other company, they need to survive. I would rather have them charge a nominal fee, after the free HEMI coupon period, to have them around providing tuning for years to come.

Sil

Old 04-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Ric@rdo

Hi,

I've been waiting for the release of the trans options to buy a Cortex.
How can I have access to the trans options? Will this fee already be included in the final price of the Cortex?

Thanx

Old 04-07-2010, 09:10 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Ric@rdo
Hi,

I've been waiting for the release of the trans options to buy a Cortex.
How can I have access to the trans options? Will this fee already be included in the final price of the Cortex?

Thanx
Ricardo,

If you have the correct hardware, it will be a free upgrade for three days. Just watch this thread for an announcement.

For forum members, here's the important part of Scott's official response:

"there will be a limited time coupon code offered up to our HEMI friends on the boards as a thank you for sticking with us over the years that will allow you the ability to download the option free of charge for 72 hours."

Thanks,

Sil

Old 04-07-2010, 10:12 AM
doneking
Amateur

Sil,

When you say Hemi friends...Does that mean if we don't have the Hemi engine we won't be getting the option to have the free upgrade during that limited time?

I'm assuming that you are just using a generic term, but since I don't have the Hemi engine...I'd hate to have to pay for an upgrade option on an already very expensive tuner.

Thanks,

DK

Old 04-07-2010, 10:21 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by doneking
Does that mean if we don't have the Hemi engine we won't be getting the option to have the free upgrade during that limited time?
DK,

As of now, the free update is for Hemi owners only.

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates