Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Hoosier BigHorn
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys set your shift schedules to when towing?

I was pulling my camper with the tow tune for the first time this weekend and when I was cruising on the highway at 70mph my rpm's were around 2800. I know it still had another gear to shift up to because I took it up to 80 just to see what it would do and sure enough it upshifted and my rev's dropped to around 2200, but I had to maintain a speed of between 75-80 to keep the rev's low. I'm not very comfortable pulling a 5000 lb camper at 80mph, especially when the conditions are rainy like they were this weekend and I have my pregnant wife and 2 year old son with me.

2800 rpm's seems high to me and I know I was sucking some gas - averaged about 9.5mpg over the weekend. I didn't pay for the advanced trans option - can I still change shift schedules? And what should I change them to?

Old 05-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Rio94gt
Professional

Thumbs up to Superchips tech/customer service department. They got my VIN locked advanced trans setting issue straightened out in about a day. I am now able to use that option.

Sil,

I went ahead and installed your latest shift schedule. You were right. Night and day difference and I havent even used the 91 tune yet. My stock and adjusted numbers were slightly different than what you had listed though. Not sure if its gonna improve the mileage situation but truck sure drives better.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:16 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Rio94gt
Thumbs up to Superchips tech/customer service department. They got my VIN locked advanced trans setting issue straightened out in about a day. I am now able to use that option.

Sil,

I went ahead and installed your latest shift schedule. You were right. Night and day difference and I havent even used the 91 tune yet. My stock and adjusted numbers were slightly different than what you had listed though. Not sure if its gonna improve the mileage situation but truck sure drives better.
That's great feedback! I'm very pleased with my latest schedule. It's a good blend of aggressive, without being overly aggressive. Enjoy it!!

Sil

Old 05-20-2011, 11:30 AM
88dragzilla

I bought my 06 mega cab hemi in december of 09. I pull my 24 ft race trailer about twice a month. I may pull other thing occassionally also, tractor, car,truck. What ever is needed. It came with the flaspaq tuner from the dealer. After reading the site for a few days, i wanted to update my tuner. I hooked it up around 4:30pm, went to a t-ball game and wal-mart. Came home between 7:45-8:15. IT STILL WASN DONE!!! Just kept saying downloading file on my laptop screen and the screen on the tuner said USB PORT OPEN. So I closed the program down and tried a different USB cable. I hooked it up around 8:45 and left it all night....... Came in around 6:45am and it was still DOWNLOADING FILE!!!!! WTF?????????

Can someone chime in on what is going on.

Chris

Just did some reading and maybe I have an old version of the updater???? I see there is a 3.0....And my tuner still is on v1.37...

pic of program

Old 05-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Uninstall the old IU and download the new 3.0. If you still have similar issues it may be related to a firewall or an anti-virus on your system that will not let you fully connect to our web site to do the update. That has been the most common case when that complaint comes up in customer service.

Keep me posted on the situation. I will help in any way I can.

Scott

Old 05-20-2011, 12:04 PM
88dragzilla

Thanks for the reply. I unistalled the old software and uploaded the newer 3.0 version from the link SilsHemi posted....

I will keep you updated....

Chris

Old 05-20-2011, 06:16 PM
88dragzilla

Update.....

I got home and the first thing I did was hook up the tuner to update the software.

I opened the program and it said this..

When i hook the USB cable into the port this is what it says....

I have tried two different cables....Do i need to take the tune off the truck in order to do the software update????

Old 05-21-2011, 04:11 PM
88dragzilla

I took the tune out of the truck. turned off all windows Vista firewall's and still nothing..

At one time an error screen came up saying something about No ping detected????

Then the same ListDevices Failed.

When I connect the tuner it seems like the computer is trying to do something b/c the mouse arrow turns into that little loading symbol. It does it for awhile, so I click back on the superchips update screen. Then in that same window up at the top left it says SuperchipsXP(Not Responding)

Some one please help me....

3815 tuner s/n 1384705 mfg date: 4/2/2008

Old 05-21-2011, 07:19 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by 88dragzilla
I took the tune out of the truck. turned off all windows Vista firewall's and still nothing..

When I connect the tuner it seems like the computer is trying to do something b/c the mouse arrow turns into that little loading symbol. It does it for awhile, so I click back on the superchips update screen. Then in that same window up at the top left it says SuperchipsXP(Not Responding)

Vista is a pain. Go to your program folder and then to 'Superchips' folder ---> 'Easy Update' folder. Right clink on 'SuperchipsUpdateXP.exe' and choose 'Run as administrator'.

See if that works.

Sil

Old 05-22-2011, 08:10 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 88dragzilla

You need to go to SUPERCHIPS website and then click on their forums link. In their Forums, way back when I did mine, I remember a member posted up links as to what program needed to be downloaded for Vista 64bit systems. I had the same issue. You WILL NOT get it without a plug-in download. My update was just searching and searching for a com port, never got anywhere no matter what i did.
I don't remember wheat or where I downloaded the attachement, but once I did, I re-started my computer and whalah.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates