Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 11:27 AM
taker24
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Just an FYI to all and a very important step during the transmission options upgrade process.

In order to upgrade to the transmission options, when it's released, you must be VIN locked (your truck has to be tuned) during the update.

If you are not VIN locked (your truck is tuned) during the update, the upgrade will not go through.

This is a necessary step to electronically sign the legal waiver and authorize the upgrade.

Thanks,

Sil
When we do the update, will it let us know if everything has been updated properly? or the other side, will it let us know if things have not been updated properly?

I just want to make sure I do it right the first time, and I would like confirmation that I did it correctly.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:36 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
If you guys need a shift schedule to start with after the release just pm me (after the tuning is out). I have a schedule you guys can start working off of along with a spreadsheet that automatically graphs your schedule. Graphing it makes it much easier to see what effects your changes have.
Thanks Jason.

Can you e-mail me your schedule so I can put it on the shift schedule server?

Sil

Old 04-21-2010, 11:40 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by taker24
When we do the update, will it let us know if everything has been updated properly? or the other side, will it let us know if things have not been updated properly?

I just want to make sure I do it right the first time, and I would like confirmation that I did it correctly.
When you choose the transmission upgrade through the updater and you're locked (tuned to your truck), you'll be fine. After the updated, you can plug it into the truck and verify as well.

You should have a "shift schedule" option and "torque management" option under the advance tuning options.

Sil

Old 04-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Jason.

Can you e-mail me your schedule so I can put it on the shift schedule server?

Sil
Sure thing.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:42 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by MDSBigPaPa
Go here: http://www.mcfail.net/superchips/ and check out the FAQ. It will answer most of your questions.

Guys, one other thing I want to point out is, my schedules (Mark's*... on the 07 year link) have the conversion from MPH to KMPH for our international users. For years other than the 07s we'll have to update the TP% and Stock values to fit your specific truck - values vary with years. Once released, if you have issues with the conversion, I'll do my best to help you through it.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:30 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Folks,

EVERYONE will be seeing a new feature.

The feature will allow the user to choose Stock TM or Superchips TM, with either the Stock shift schedule or Superchips shift schedule. This will allow you to use Superchips tuning with any combination mentioned.

This is an either/or option. It does not offer the ability to fine tune like the transmission options will (when released).

It's a nice feature for those folks who prefer the stock schedule or stock torque management, with Superchips tuning.

Thanks,

Sil

Old 04-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Ric@rdo

I'm going to order one Cortex from Ebay in the next few days. Can anyone advise me one seller that ships internationally?

Will the trans options also be released at the same time for the Durango?

Thanks

Old 04-22-2010, 08:33 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

Folks,

EVERYONE will be seeing a new feature.

The feature will allow the user to choose Stock TM or Superchips TM, with either the Stock shift schedule or Superchips shift schedule. This will allow you to use Superchips tuning with any combination mentioned.

This is an either/or option. It does not offer the ability to fine tune like the transmission options will (when released).

It's a nice feature for those folks who prefer the stock schedule or stock torque management, with Superchips tuning.

Thanks,

Sil
everyone including us 4.7l's? at the same time sil....cause the evryone comment leads others to believe so just so evryone realizes no -03s....

Old 04-23-2010, 06:02 AM
AutoShepherd-Ed
Former Vendor

Out of all the performance chips out there. Why superchip? Other brands promise similar increase in performance with less price. What are your guys top three picks for performance chips. Thank you so much for the feedback.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:14 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

to start off great customer service , a well made product, and the best gains out of it vs. any other chip for canned tunes, now if you wanna go with a cam either sct or dsp would be the route....just those 2 dont have the fine trans tuning s/c will release very soon....

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates