Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 11:05 AM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another important FYI.

There's shift logic built into the program. It won't allow you to stack shifts. Excellent safety feature.

The most important part of setting your shift schedule is, just be mindful not to cross your up and down shifts. That's where you can force an up and down shift loop. The excel graph gives you a good visual of how this could happen and is the number one reason you should use the graphs.

You can set the up and down shifts closer. The closer, the quicker the up and down shift will transition, but stay away from overlap.

I've attached two example graphs to give you an idea. The first one is fine, the second is not.

Thanks,

Sil

RIGHT:

Name:  OK.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  19.3 KB

WRONG:

Name:  WRONG.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  18.3 KB

Old 04-20-2010, 11:10 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Jeremy (one of our beta testers) was nice enough to host user shift schedules on his website. Thanks J.

These schedules are user schedules and aren't endorsed by Superchips. Totally done by the beta testers. We have a few schedules up now and we'll add more as we go along. This will be an easy way to access user shift schedules.

Please bookmark the URL.

Here's the website: http://www.mcfail.net/superchips/

Thanks,

Sil

Old 04-20-2010, 08:50 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Just an FYI to all and a very important step during the transmission options upgrade process.

In order to upgrade to the transmission options, when it's released, you must be VIN locked (your truck has to be tuned) during the update.

If you are not VIN locked (your truck is tuned) during the update, the upgrade will not go through.

This is a necessary step to electronically sign the legal waiver and authorize the upgrade.

Thanks,

Sil
......i read that wrong.....so sil whens the big day? you come on and give us this info but leave us hanging....

Old 04-20-2010, 08:55 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by jusjay727
......i read that wrong.....so sil whens the big day? you come on and give us this info but leave us hanging....
Unfortunately, I'm not sure. Just preparing everyone.

Sil

Old 04-21-2010, 09:41 AM
doneking
Amateur

Sil or Scott,

I just looked over a few of the shift schedules that you listed from Jeremy. All of the data posted looks a little overwhelming and awesome at the same time. It looks like there are endless possibilities on settings for all the up & down shift combos. I'm sure it will be a little more understandable when we actually get to start using it and seeing how our trucks perform.

I know that you have worked with beta's to have them give feedback on what worked best for certain engines and years.

1.) Can you give any insight on how SC will or has picked preset shift schedules that will already be pre-tuned for us to use?

2.) About how many preset options will we have available as a choice?

Thanks,
DK

Old 04-21-2010, 10:00 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by doneking
1.) Can you give any insight on how SC will or has picked preset shift schedules that will already be pre-tuned for us to use?
Any shift schedules are fully mapped by the user. Superchips doesn't endorse any user schedule and they won't provide any preset shift schedules.

The only option is, the Superchips proprietary shift schedule that currently comes with the tuning.

Sil

Old 04-21-2010, 10:03 AM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Sil or Scott,

I just looked over a few of the shift schedules that you listed from Jeremy. All of the data posted looks a little overwhelming and awesome at the same time. It looks like there are endless possibilities on settings for all the up & down shift combos. I'm sure it will be a little more understandable when we actually get to start using it and seeing how our trucks perform.

I know that you have worked with beta's to have them give feedback on what worked best for certain engines and years.

Thanks,
DK
Go here: http://www.mcfail.net/superchips/ and check out the FAQ. It will answer most of your questions.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:32 AM
doneking
Amateur

I see.

MDS, Thanks for the link on that FAQ. I didn't notice it right off.

I was hoping SC would have a couple of preset shift schedules where we could pick from like we do with the tunes ie. Performance, Towing, 87 Tune, etc.. Kind of like a shift schedule for Normal Driving, one for Towing, and then one for Performance.

I've read over and looked at the shift schedules that some of the betas have posted while this was all being developed. Is there a place where all of the successful or best tweaked shift schedules could be posted together by SC or DF for the new folks to have a jumping off point?

I understand that SC can't endorse any certain schedule from anyone, but it would be nice to have all of the schedules in one place with remarks as to why it worked best or didn't. They may already be in one spot and I've missed it...Nevermind, I see that the above link is where you will post additional schedules.

DK

Old 04-21-2010, 10:42 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

it would be nice to have all of the schedules in one place with remarks as to why it worked best or didn't. They may already be in one spot and I've missed it...

DK
They'll be hosted at the URL Mark posted. Shift schedules are so subjective. My 2008 schedule works great for me. I gave it to Jeremy, another 2008 tester and he changed some things to his liking. What works for one, more than likely won't work for another. Just have to keep tweaking because, there's no one schedule that works for all. Too many differing interpretations of what a proper user schedule should be.

Sil

Old 04-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you guys need a shift schedule to start with after the release just pm me (after the tuning is out). I have a schedule you guys can start working off of along with a spreadsheet that automatically graphs your schedule. Graphing it makes it much easier to see what effects your changes have.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates