Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 02:52 PM
m3summ
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What % of Torque Management are you guys running with your Flashpaq's?

Hey guys, I have an 04 Hemi w/ 3.92 gearing in it. i just got my flashpaq today and love the 91 tune. I was doing some research online and looked into the torque management settings. What are you guys running, or have you guys not even bother with it? Sorry if its a stupid question, just looking for some guidance on this. I have a CAi and cat back magnaflow exhaust. Not looking to do any more perf. mods to the truck, its basically a fun daily driver. I want to reduce the amount I have to push the gas pedal down to downshift for a quick lane change pass on the highway before it will down shift. Any help greatly appreciated!

Old 08-20-2010, 03:36 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by m3summ
Hey guys, I have an 04 Hemi w/ 3.92 gearing in it. i just got my flashpaq today and love the 91 tune. I was doing some research online and looked into the torque management settings. What are you guys running, or have you guys not even bother with it? Sorry if its a stupid question, just looking for some guidance on this. I have a CAi and cat back magnaflow exhaust. Not looking to do any more perf. mods to the truck, its basically a fun daily driver. I want to reduce the amount I have to push the gas pedal down to downshift for a quick lane change pass on the highway before it will down shift. Any help greatly appreciated!
Most guys on the edge of performance are at 8% TM. I run mine a bit higher around 15% for 1-2-3 and my 2nd prime gear is set to 30%. My 4th & 5th gears are at 30% as well.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:06 PM
m3summ
Rookie

Do I have to get the upgraded transmission package for 39.95 to be able to set the torque management, or can I go up to a certain percentage on the tuner w/o that package. Sorry if its any easy or dumb question but the rep. from superchips said I should be able to allow some TM with how the tuner is now. If I wanted more, then I would have to buy the additional package. However, when I scroll through the tuner it just shows me the TM icon, but I can not change anything with it. thanks!

Old 08-20-2010, 07:30 PM
RamStrat
Veteran

Anyone recommend anything for my 02 4.7l?

Old 08-20-2010, 11:09 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Do I have to get the upgraded transmission package for 39.95 to be able to set the torque management, or can I go up to a certain percentage on the tuner w/o that package. Sorry if its any easy or dumb question but the rep. from superchips said I should be able to allow some TM with how the tuner is now. If I wanted more, then I would have to buy the additional package. However, when I scroll through the tuner it just shows me the TM icon, but I can not change anything with it. thanks!
Yes, you'll need the $40 upgrade to adjust TM. The TM you see on your tuner now, only allows Stock or Superchips settings with no User adjustments.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:57 AM
m3summ
Rookie

Thanks for the quick replies guys! Do you guys think its worth messing with the TM? Im not looking to push this truck too far, just wanted to wake it up some with the exhaust, intake and tuner. Thanks again!

Old 08-21-2010, 10:18 AM
bartvandenberg
Professional

Thanks for the quick replies guys! Do you guys think its worth messing with the TM? Im not looking to push this truck too far, just wanted to wake it up some with the exhaust, intake and tuner. Thanks again!

I had my 05 hemi running 91 octane for a couple months now. Loved it, but never loved it like i do after the tm adjustments and shift point changes. I"ve also got basic bolt-ons like magnaflow exhaust, CAi, TBS and tuner.

it feels like i changed the gearing. seems to pull harder, and since i adjusted my shift points, never have to tromp on it to shift down a gear for passing or cruising around town.

I figure it will help with braking a bit too, since it downshifts pretty aggressively.

Have my truck set at 10% tm through all gears, and shifts like near instantly, instead of the stock 1-2 shift that seemed to take 2 seconds.

I suggest you go to www.mcfail.net/superchips and select your trucks year, and a find a nice shift schedule there. it will change your truck!.

and paying the 40 bucks for the upgrade is money well spent.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:21 AM
bartvandenberg
Professional

Originally Posted by RamStrat
Anyone recommend anything for my 02 4.7l?
in the way of upgrades? or tuner settings?

Old 08-21-2010, 12:19 PM
RamStrat
Veteran

Originally Posted by bartvandenberg
in the way of upgrades? or tuner settings?

Both....

Old 08-21-2010, 05:15 PM
m3summ
Rookie

Originally Posted by bartvandenberg
I had my 05 hemi running 91 octane for a couple months now. Loved it, but never loved it like i do after the tm adjustments and shift point changes. I"ve also got basic bolt-ons like magnaflow exhaust, CAi, TBS and tuner.

it feels like i changed the gearing. seems to pull harder, and since i adjusted my shift points, never have to tromp on it to shift down a gear for passing or cruising around town.

I figure it will help with braking a bit too, since it downshifts pretty aggressively.

Have my truck set at 10% tm through all gears, and shifts like near instantly, instead of the stock 1-2 shift that seemed to take 2 seconds.

I suggest you go to www.mcfail.net/superchips and select your trucks year, and a find a nice shift schedule there. it will change your truck!.

and paying the 40 bucks for the upgrade is money well spent.
Thanks for the great reply! This stuff may as well be in another language ha. I do all of my own work, from superchargers to motors, but to interpret these graphs and try to plot it in the tuner, I know I may f! something up. ha I guess I have my work cut out for me because until I know what Im doing Im not gonna mess with it. Back to researching ha! Thanks to all of you guys!

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates