Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 08:41 PM
dru22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
The free coupon upgrade period is for Hemi 04-09 only.

As each subsequent application is released in the future, there will be a nominal fee to upgrade to the option. Scott will post what that is when released.

Sil
wow... I guess it's fair for those with the Hemi to get the free upgrade and not those with anything other (4.7L's)......oh wait....?
I dropped the same 300$+ on the SAME superchips flashpaq only mine's not a HEMI?......I've followed these posts and have read them all and bought my flashpaq waiting on "whats to come"...and am still waiting. Now this....I did not want to be part of the negative crowd, but the more I hear.....

Old 04-25-2010, 08:59 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by dru22
wow... I guess it's fair for those with the Hemi to get the free upgrade and not those with anything other (4.7L's)
The Hemi guys were promised custom tuning five years ago, so Superchips decided to offer the coupon to that group. The fee to upgrade will be nominal. You don't have to upgrade. You can wait for feedback and if you like what you read, you can upgrade in the future.

Sil

Old 04-26-2010, 12:20 AM
SilentRamAD
Veteran

So regardless if the 4.7's don't get in on the coupon 72 hour deal, we are still going to have full access to the upgrade for the fee at the same time correct ? If so then I'm still on board . . . or will we have to wait after the 72 hours are up to have access, but the way I see it we have to pay regardless, so why make us wait

To come soon

Old 04-26-2010, 11:09 AM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by SilentRamAD
So regardless if the 4.7's don't get in on the coupon 72 hour deal, we are still going to have full access to the upgrade for the fee at the same time correct ? If so then I'm still on board . . . or will we have to wait after the 72 hours are up to have access, but the way I see it we have to pay regardless, so why make us wait

To come soon
Should NOT have to wait (but DO NOT quote me on that) because you MUST have your tuner VIN Locked to your truck (MUST BE TUNED) in order to get the update. Based on your VIN, the software will know if you have a Hemi.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:11 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Initial release is for Hemi only. Other applications will follow later.

Sil

Old 04-26-2010, 12:33 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Just a reminder.

The shift schedules the beta testers provide on the web server are their own personal schedules. Superchips had no input in these schedules whatsoever and they will not be providing any USER shift schedules. This is totally a USER custom tuning product for your transmission.

The reason for this reminder is, everyone has different thoughts on how our trucks should shift. Invariably there will be folks who load up a personal shift schedule and not like part of the schedule. This is when the USER comes into play and makes the necessary adjustments in the schedule to their liking.

Again, this is a USER custom tuning product. Please keep that in mind when working with the tuning.

Thanks,

Sil

Old 04-26-2010, 10:00 PM
dru22

You don't have to upgrade. You can wait for feedback and if you like what you read, you can upgrade in the future.

Sil
...oh, I'm sure I'll upgrade (we love our toys) I just didn't understand why they got the 72hr window when it was the same tuner at the same price....

Originally Posted by SilentRamAD
So regardless if the 4.7's don't get in on the coupon 72 hour deal, we are still going to have full access to the upgrade for the fee at the same time correct ?..... but the way I see it we have to pay regardless, so why make us wait.....

would like to know too!....I guess we're back to waitin' and seein'...although,I guess it really doesn't matter except that's the soonest we can get it.....after paying for it!...dmnit!

Old 04-27-2010, 02:18 AM
ramjamhemi
Professional

...oh, I'm sure I'll upgrade (we love our toys) I just didn't understand why they got the 72hr window when it was the same tuner at the same price....dmnit!
The question you ask was answered five posts back.

The Hemi guys were promised custom tuning five years ago, so Superchips decided to offer the coupon to that group....

Sil

Old 04-27-2010, 09:53 AM
dru22

Originally Posted by ramjamhemi
The question you ask was answered five posts back.
yes, I was aware of that - he answered me directly, quoted me and everything.... I was just clarifying my reasoning for asking in my original post.....anyway, I don't know about ya'll but despite all of this back and forth - I'm still excited to see the new upgrades and how they perform!

Old 04-27-2010, 09:26 PM
SilentRamAD
Veteran

yes, I was aware of that - he answered me directly, quoted me and everything.... I was just clarifying my reasoning for asking in my original post.....anyway, I don't know about ya'll but despite all of this back and forth - I'm still excited to see the new upgrades and how they perform!

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates