Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 10:08 PM
ram man17
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can us 4.7 guys use the same charts as the hemis or should we use seperate ones? I just downloaded this and am pumped!!!!

Old 05-18-2010, 10:50 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

You should be fine. No matter, you'll end up tweaking it to your liking anyways.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:31 AM
rengnath
Champion

I just took one of the excel spreadsheets and plugged in my values for it. I took the laptop out in the truck, and changed the values to get a graph that looks similar to what some of the Hemi guys were posting and then ran it. It needs some tweaking but its definetly a good start.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

It's official folks, 04-09 4.7L Dodge truck, SUV, and Jeep apps are live and supported as of today.

Enjoy!

Scott

Old 05-19-2010, 10:01 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

bitchin

Old 05-19-2010, 01:30 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

word....i knew it was here...for the doubters....classy....

Old 05-19-2010, 10:53 PM
dru22

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
It's official folks, 04-09 4.7L Dodge truck, SUV, and Jeep apps are live and supported as of today.

Enjoy!

Scott

WOOT WOOT! awe yeah - So , who's got "go-by's" for the 4.7's? I adjusted my excel sheet, as there appears to be a few more rows in some of the shifts. I've plugged in some numbers for fun, but was hoping for some suggestions (and details in lamen's terms) to help with better places to start and perhaps a bit of explanation (if possible) of what might help/ hurt in relation to torque management and shift schedules....

Old 05-21-2010, 10:52 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dru22
WOOT WOOT! awe yeah - So , who's got "go-by's" for the 4.7's? I adjusted my excel sheet, as there appears to be a few more rows in some of the shifts. I've plugged in some numbers for fun, but was hoping for some suggestions (and details in lamen's terms) to help with better places to start and perhaps a bit of explanation (if possible) of what might help/ hurt in relation to torque management and shift schedules....

there should be 2 schedules per gear. The upshift and the downshift. The only advice I can give right away, is get your 1-2, 2-3 worked first. Then work on 3-4..etc You need to set yourself on 1 thing at a time because you will be all over the place if you aren't focused on individual points. You cant get accurate results with changing 1st gear points and then jumping out and trying 4th gear points, you follow? My diablo had upshifts so I was comfortable with knowing what i wanted. You'll have to experiment. I would reccomend starting from 1 at 0% throttle, so get in a parking lot and see how you like the truck shifting at 19 or 21 or XXmph with barelay any gas.
I have mine set up so it's very smooth and laid back when barely touching the gas, but the truck still holds the gear just long enough. It's when I get on it she comes to life.
For the downshifts, my only recccomendation is to figure out what speed you drive regularly at and focus on that point. I downloaded Sils schedule and when i would cruise at 45mph, the truck would upshift at 47mph and almost jump between gears and if I even barely touched the gas to keep up with flow of traffic, she would downshift immediately on me. I didn't like at all.
As for TM..You need some if you want your truck to shift faster and smoother. i am runing 15% in 1-3 and 30% in 4 and 5. Supposedly 15% is odd for the Hemi's and 8% is where it's at, but I'd rather be on the safe side than right on the edge of where my trans is beginning to slip. For TM adjustment, WOT will find all the mysteries out. Start lowering TM buit by bit and running WOT for 1-2 and 2-3 see how you like. You should do them back-back for even comparison once again.
You will spend atleast a week fiddling around with the shifts. This is for sure one mod that keeps giving back.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:02 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by dirtydog
For the downshifts, my only recccomendation is to figure out what speed you drive regularly at and focus on that point. I downloaded Sils schedule and when i would cruise at 45mph, the truck would upshift at 47mph and almost jump between gears and if I even barely touched the gas to keep up with flow of traffic, she would downshift immediately on me. I didn't like at all.
You will spend atleast a week fiddling around with the shifts. This is for sure one mod that keeps giving back.
This is good advice and one of the reasons I mention to folks that this program is totally subjective. What feels fine for one, the other won't like.

Here's my latest schedule based off of George's schedule, with a few tweaks to my liking. http://www.mcfail.net/superchips/5.7...Sil_051010.xls

I removed the more aggressive schedule for now. Again, totally subjective. Tweak to your liking.

Sil

Old 05-21-2010, 12:02 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why the 4.7L guys didnt catch the same break as the Hemi guys? And by what I mean is, the Hemis got a 3 day download for free window. Whys there never love for the 4.7L? Just saying...

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates