Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Black Jack
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Superchips gurus. I currently have a Diablosports Predator for my 08 Ram Hemi. I used to run it on my 06 GC Hemi and have had no problems. However I have come to find from people around the way that the Predator is eating CPUs and I have taken mine off immediately. I'm looking at the Cortex as a possibility along with others. Not to be a butthole, but sell me on your product if you don't mind. It's not very often that I come across higher ups from parts manufacturers and I'm really open to what you got to say. To the rest of the forus I apologize if this isa repost of info, but funny as it is this is my first post on this site and I don't have the time currently to scour the forums for this info.Also Superchips guys, why is your new Vivid only offered for Android? I have an iPhone 4 and would like this feature.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Flot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Jack
Not to be a butthole, but sell me on your product if you don't mind. It's not very often that I come across higher ups from parts manufacturers and I'm really open to what you got to say. To the rest of the forus I apologize if this isa repost of info, but funny as it is this is my first post on this site and I don't have the time currently to scour the forums for this info.Also Superchips guys, why is your new Vivid only offered for Android? I have an iPhone 4 and would like this feature.
Agreed. I'm looking for a tuner for an 04 Ram Hemi. Would like to know specifically what the Cortex has to offer over alternatives, and ALSO agreed on the Vivid w/android - I'd much rather an apple device.

Also, could you outline the benefits of vivid over cortex with respect to engine management/tuning specifically? And do both of these provide 100% of the tuning functionality of the earlier models?

Good representation on the forums! I have been lurking for a while now but is difficult to put together a good picture of the evolution of the tuners though the bits and pieces I've picked up from hundreds of threads.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your interest. I am trying to determine from your post if you are specifically referring to our new VIVID product which has not been released yet or one of the products in our current lineup?

If you are referring to the VIVID specifically then I have posted up all of the info currently available at this link: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-r...ml#post2310757

The product is going to be released as a Droid based app first since that is the most common and more widely used application by several manufacturers. It is also currently the easiest to work with since Apple is guarding their systems and only offering tidbits of info to work with at the moment.

That being said we are not limiting the app solely to the Google application. We have plans to also offer the option to Mac I products provided that Apple works with us and doesn't throw the same fit when asked for data that they did with Adobe.

If you are referring to another product we currently offer feel free to PM me directly so we can discuss features and options.

Scott

Originally Posted by Flot
Agreed. I'm looking for a tuner for an 04 Ram Hemi. Would like to know specifically what the Cortex has to offer over alternatives, and ALSO agreed on the Vivid w/android - I'd much rather an apple device.

Also, could you outline the benefits of vivid over cortex with respect to engine management/tuning specifically? And do both of these provide 100% of the tuning functionality of the earlier models?

Good representation on the forums! I have been lurking for a while now but is difficult to put together a good picture of the evolution of the tuners though the bits and pieces I've picked up from hundreds of threads.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Thanks for the complement!

With regard to your specific questions, the VIVID is an Archos device based upon the Droid software. The Superchips program is one of many apps that you will be able to use with the product the same way any other Droid or Apple based product works.

The VIVID product is not limited to just our software which makes it the most diverse piece of kit out there allowing you the ability to customize the unit with other apps including but not limited to navigation, telecommunications options, games and much more.

The Cortex in comparison is a plug and play device solely created to tune and diagnose your vehicle. The Cortex and Flashpaq programmers offers no other apps like the ones listed above.

Tuning options will be carried over from the Cortex/Flashpaq programmers so those accustomed to our applications will feel right at home with the same easy to use features and updateable options.

Scott

Originally Posted by Flot

Old 01-14-2011, 11:34 AM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there a specific launch date or price range for the Vivid unit Scott?

Old 01-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

At this point in time I haven't been given a specific date per say. The last I heard it was Feb/March but that timeline could change still.

Hopefully I will get better info near the end of this month. Fingers crossed!

Scott

Originally Posted by oefootball_70
Is there a specific launch date or price range for the Vivid unit Scott?

Old 01-14-2011, 12:44 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by countrystyleram
Hey all, I have a 03 Hemi 2500, and love it, my first dodge and can`t wait to get my hands on a newer one down the road. But enough about that, I`m looking to get a SC 3865, I`m having trouble with my trans(I think) And a tuner I was told would be a great start point. Anyone have a 03 like mine with a SC who could drop me some info? Would be greatly helpful.
The 2003 year has its limitations, the Advanced Trans Upgrade is not supported for the 03s. DAQ may not work because the PCM'c bus is too slow. However, the canned tunes offered will wake up the beast within. The 3865 will be the way to go for your next RAM as well.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:56 PM
R-TICAT
Amateur

Hi Guys- Quite the thread going here!
As with others, I hate to ask but, with 279 pages to weed through...
I have an '04 1500 Hemi Sport Quad Cab w/134,000 miles. I'd like to get a little more power and MPG's out of it. I'm also not crazy about the way the tranny shifts.
I use the truck mostly for pulling a 2-place snowmobile trailer from CT to Northern VT and NH and for plowing around home, as well as runs to the dump and Home Depot on the weekends.
I don't want to be "on the ragged edge", just a reasonable (for the $$) improvement over what I believe is a totally stock truck, with the possible exception of the muffler. I believe that is a "performance" aftermarket replacement.
The only other mod I'm even considering is a K&N type fresh air cleaner set-up.
Could you make a recomondation for a SC set-up (products needed) for my truck?
Also, don't want to have to use more than the local 89 octane mid-grade.
Thanx!

Old 01-14-2011, 10:26 PM
countrystyleram
Rookie

Originally Posted by MDSBigPaPa
The 2003 year has its limitations, the Advanced Trans Upgrade is not supported for the 03s. DAQ may not work because the PCM'c bus is too slow. However, the canned tunes offered will wake up the beast within. The 3865 will be the way to go for your next RAM as well.
Anything at all will help none the less, I`m wondering if the 89Tune helps out alot? Can you tell me what the SC 3815 tune will actually do? It`ll be my first tune upgrade to be honest about it. Never messed with a ECM system on a car so i`m gonna be learning how it all works lol. And far as the 03 goes, it was a nice deal and I can afford it, college and a gf aren`t cheap on the wallet but a good girl is lots easier to afford! And i`m not talking about a hooker btw!

Old 01-15-2011, 02:10 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by countrystyleram
Anything at all will help none the less, I`m wondering if the 89Tune helps out alot? Can you tell me what the SC 3815 tune will actually do? It`ll be my first tune upgrade to be honest about it. Never messed with a ECM system on a car so i`m gonna be learning how it all works lol. And far as the 03 goes, it was a nice deal and I can afford it, college and a gf aren`t cheap on the wallet but a good girl is lots easier to afford! And i`m not talking about a hooker btw!

The tunes in the 3815 and 3865 are exact. The exception is the 3865 has more memory and can load the Advanced Trans Upgrade where the 3815 cannot. If you plan to keep your 03 for a while, the cheaper solution would be to get the 3815 now and upgrade later to the 3865 when you purchase a newer truck.

If you purchase from a third party (e-bay, forums...) make sure the tuner is NOT VIN-locked to another truck. If it is, it will cost you an additional $100 to have it unlocked. Also, before you put your hard earned money down, ask for the serial number then call SC Tech support at 1-888-227-2447 and ask if it is reported stolen. If it IS stolen then you'll have nothing more than a paper-weight.

I get better mileage with the 91 tune and 93 octane than I do with the 87 tune (there is no 89 tune) and regular gas, plus I like the feel so much better. However, compared to stock, the 87 tune will give you a much better feel and greater response.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates