Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 03:42 PM
SilentRamAD
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why the 4.7L guys didnt catch the same break as the Hemi guys? And by what I mean is, the Hemis got a 3 day download for free window. Whys there never love for the 4.7L? Just saying...
We got access to a fully functional Adv. Trans tuning upgrade . . . I'd say that's status right there.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:21 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why the 4.7L guys didnt catch the same break as the Hemi guys? And by what I mean is, the Hemis got a 3 day download for free window. Whys there never love for the 4.7L? Just saying...
From what I understand... The Hemi's were promised custom tunes by a "retired" VP at SC and when MSD became part of the equation that promise was rescinded. It was SC's way of saying "thanks" for the loyalty for the Hemi folks sticking with SC.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:01 AM
dru22

here's your answer straight from the source....

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
The Hemi guys were promised custom tuning five years ago, so Superchips decided to offer the coupon to that group. The fee to upgrade will be nominal. You don't have to upgrade. You can wait for feedback and if you like what you read, you can upgrade in the future.

Sil

eta: Oh, and thanks for the response to my post dirtydog, I'm gonna read that one a few times and let it soak in! I appreciate it! I'll get back witcha soon on my findings.....

Old 05-24-2010, 11:51 AM
rengnath
Champion

Hey everyone,
Is there any way you can do damage to the transmission by taking the torque managment too low? If there is, how low can you safley go?

I bring this up because on a google search I found a forum explaining that deleting the TM causes some slipping in the transmission, generating heat and causing damage. There were never any values stated though for what is safe and what isnt. Thanks for any input you have.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:40 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by rengnath
Hey everyone,
Is there any way you can do damage to the transmission by taking the torque managment too low? If there is, how low can you safley go?

I bring this up because on a google search I found a forum explaining that deleting the TM causes some slipping in the transmission, generating heat and causing damage. There were never any values stated though for what is safe and what isnt. Thanks for any input you have.
Actually reducing TM also reduces slippage in the gear shifts. However, you should leave some TM in, that is, do not set it to 0%. The more lag in the shift the more slippage there is in the tranny.

From the FAQ...

Q: Should I set torque management to 0% or leave in some percentage?
A: You should leave some TM in all of the shifts because the shifts will complete quicker with some load reduction. 0% doesn't necessarily mean a quicker shift; it means the engine is not reducing power during the shift. Think about it in the sense of friction, if you are applying torque to the transmission, the higher the friction. If you reduce it a little the lower the friction and this is a non-linear reduction. Too much torque and the truck will lag its shifts.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:06 PM
rengnath
Champion

Ok, I just wanted to make sure I couldnt do any damage around that 8-10% range. Ill just find where the shift is the most firm and go from there. Thanks

Old 05-25-2010, 06:06 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MDSBigPaPa
From what I understand... The Hemi's were promised custom tunes by a "retired" VP at SC and when MSD became part of the equation that promise was rescinded. It was SC's way of saying "thanks" for the loyalty for the Hemi folks sticking with SC.
Thanks man, and thanks Sils...

I guess Ron has his head up his *** and decided to disregard my question, I posted this same question at about the same time on the SC forum, its been viewed 35 times and still no response from him, but newer questions in the same sub forum have been answered... He could have explained this and I would have been fine with it, anyways. So far so good with the updates guys. Ill be d-loading and frolicking with this update very soon I am liking what I hear.

Btw heres the https://www.superchips.com/forum/vie...p=41043#p41043 thread from SCs Site...

Old 05-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone read the SC Racing thread that SC Tom posted in over on DT? Pretty interesting read, seems to imply (at least as I read it) that even more things are to come for the SC gas tuners.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:26 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i have that would be awesome if they do custom tunes!!!

Old 05-25-2010, 06:45 PM
rengnath
Champion

When I see "For racing use only" .... my eyes light up! Hopefully it makes its way to the gas burners.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates