Mud Marine
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply Scott!

Old 03-02-2011, 12:26 AM
AZZO540
Veteran

yeah detuning my truck is such a difference the shifting is where i notice it the most no hard shift just noise and rpm change my body does not notice it like it should.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:18 PM
neil300zx
Rookie

I have a question relating to the flashpaq trans upgrade program
I tried to install rubber frogs shift schedule today, i am a little confused, on the 1 up section i only have 5 (i think) TP% options and on rubber frogs schedule he has 8, can i add extra TP% sections and where would i add them or am i stuck with what i have.
i know this is probably a stupid question but please bear with me as im new to this

Cheers
Neil

Old 03-07-2011, 03:26 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by neil300zx
I have a question relating to the flashpaq trans upgrade program
I tried to install rubber frogs shift schedule today, i am a little confused, on the 1 up section i only have 5 (i think) TP% options and on rubber frogs schedule he has 8, can i add extra TP% sections and where would i add them or am i stuck with what i have.
i know this is probably a stupid question but please bear with me as im new to this

Cheers
Neil
Not a stupid question at all.

Neil, you would be better off using a 2004 shift schedule. Download Eric's schedule here: http://www.mcfail.net/superchips/5.7L%20schedules/04/

The TP% should match up. You can tweak from that schedule.

You could port RF's schedule, but that would take some time since you're just learning.

Sil

Old 03-07-2011, 04:58 PM
neil300zx
Rookie

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Not a stupid question at all.

Neil, you would be better off using a 2004 shift schedule. Download Eric's schedule here: http://www.mcfail.net/superchips/5.7L%20schedules/04/

The TP% should match up. You can tweak from that schedule.

You could port RF's schedule, but that would take some time since you're just learning.

Sil
Thanks for the reply Sil
I was trying to use RF's schedule as i know from reading the posts that he uses his for towing and i thought it would give me a base tow schedule, would eric's surfice as a base tow schedule?. The thing is im petrified of sodding it up as i don't seem to have much luck with aftermarket accessories.

Cheers
Neil

Old 03-07-2011, 08:03 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by neil300zx
Thanks for the reply Sil
I was trying to use RF's schedule as i know from reading the posts that he uses his for towing and i thought it would give me a base tow schedule, would eric's surfice as a base tow schedule?. The thing is im petrified of sodding it up as i don't seem to have much luck with aftermarket accessories.

Cheers
Neil
Neil,

It's kind of overwhelming when you're first introduced to the program. That's to be expected, but it will become second nature to you.

You can't mess it up if you follow the excel sheet I pointed you to. The program also has shift logic protection built in. You couldn't stack a shift if you tried. The only thing you need to be mindful of is crossing up and downshifts. The schedules on the servers do not have those problems.

I would download Eric's schedule to start and make changes to it via the excel sheet to mimic RF's schedule as best you can or you could always try Eric's schedule for towing and see how that goes for you.

Just become familiar with the menus and program. Tool around.

Print your excel sheet out and take it to your truck. It's formatted the same way you're looking at the program in the tuner. If it were me, I would load Eric's schedule first and take it for a spin. His TP% will match yours.

If you need any help, let me know.

Sil

Old 03-07-2011, 08:16 PM
bighornram08
Professional

Although i enjoy running the 93 tune, im forced to run 87 tune Due to the high gas prices. I only run 93 tune when I want to splurge a little. Anyone else forced to detune?

Old 03-08-2011, 11:55 AM
neil300zx
Rookie

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Neil,

It's kind of overwhelming when you're first introduced to the program. That's to be expected, but it will become second nature to you.

You can't mess it up if you follow the excel sheet I pointed you to. The program also has shift logic protection built in. You couldn't stack a shift if you tried. The only thing you need to be mindful of is crossing up and downshifts. The schedules on the servers do not have those problems.

I would download Eric's schedule to start and make changes to it via the excel sheet to mimic RF's schedule as best you can or you could always try Eric's schedule for towing and see how that goes for you.

Just become familiar with the menus and program. Tool around.

Print your excel sheet out and take it to your truck. It's formatted the same way you're looking at the program in the tuner. If it were me, I would load Eric's schedule first and take it for a spin. His TP% will match yours.

If you need any help, let me know.

Sil
Thanks for the info i will give it a shot when i get 5 mins, another question is im thinking of adding an LPG conversion, i have been told that i cannot use superchips for performance, can i still use the trans program whilst running everything else stock on LPG.

Cheers

Old 03-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

I just received my flashpaq today, and uploaded a tune right before work. Had 1/4 tank of mid grade left, and found a station that sold 93, thankfully right down the street from my house. All I can say is WOW! I am extremely pleased with this product, even after only being able to drive for about 10min before work LoL
For the money, this has to be the best mod I have ever purchased, and by far and away the easiest! Props to the SuperChips team

Old 03-10-2011, 07:34 AM
mfolsom
Thumbs up The right stuff

My flashpaq 3865 came in the mail yesterday and I connected to the internet to get the updates. It was late when I finally got to my truck to set the tire diameter and load the 87 tune. I took the Garmin with me this morning and the speedo was right on. Thank you Superchips. Now if someone will buy the 3825 I mistakenly bought or give me a Charger to use it on my wife will be happier with me.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates