Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 10:52 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Logik287
Hey, Im having a hard time finding a superchip for my truck. I own a 2003 dodge ram 1500 5.9L Gas

Could anyone direct me to where i could find one at a good price? What kind of HP gains would i be looking at? Also, does the unit stay connected at all times, if so do they sell a mount for it? Can you change your settings on the fly, say from economy to performance settings? Thanks in advance for the help!

Forgot to add, If there is a better option offered by another brand of chip I'd also love to hear about it. Thanks!!!
The flashpaq 3865 is your best bet and will work for the 1998-2003 5.9L; +46.9HP and +59.4 lb-ft torque.

You do not need to have the tuner connected all the time. Cannot change tunes on the fly as it requires key cycles. You can change from one tune to another provided you have the correct octane in the tank but you have to stop to do it.

They do not offer a mounting system but you can get a phone mount if you so choose. Remember though these tuners have a tendency to "walk" if left in a noticeable position.

You will want an authorized vendor, I got mine at StreetSideAuto.com but, you can do a google search for "flashpaq 3865" to find other vendors. Can also purchase directly from Superchips.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Logik287
Amateur

Thanks for the quick reply! Ok thats awesome. So lets say i wanted to switch tuning from economy to 87 performance at a red light. Is that possible? or does it take time for the tuning to switch over/have to turn my vehicle off?

Ill be ordering one tonite!

Old 05-12-2011, 12:40 PM
JerzyJayRo
Amateur

Thanks for the help so far bigpappa

i reset the pcm and did the procedure with the gas pedal on and off, seems to be better.

I purchased my tuner on ebay...
You were saying that in the shift schedule there is stock and superchips, mine has 1u2u2p so and so forth
is it posible the previous owne purchased the trans upgrade, and if so would it stay in the tuner?

Old 05-12-2011, 12:46 PM
sinus19
Veteran

Originally Posted by Logik287
Thanks for the quick reply! Ok thats awesome. So lets say i wanted to switch tuning from economy to 87 performance at a red light. Is that possible? or does it take time for the tuning to switch over/have to turn my vehicle off?

Ill be ordering one tonite!
no, in order to switch tunes you must stop and turn your key on/off multiple time (tuner will guide you) and run the required Octane rated Gas (93,91, or 87)

Old 05-12-2011, 02:47 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by JerzyJayRo
Thanks for the help so far bigpappa

i reset the pcm and did the procedure with the gas pedal on and off, seems to be better.

I purchased my tuner on ebay...
You were saying that in the shift schedule there is stock and superchips, mine has 1u2u2p so and so forth
is it posible the previous owne purchased the trans upgrade, and if so would it stay in the tuner?
When you select Shift Schedule, and then Up-Shifts (or Down-Shifts), do you see Superchips, User and Stock or just Superchips and Stock? Can you change any of the set points; for example, 1Up?

Yes it is possible that the previous owner purchased the Advanced Trans Upgrade however, that software is "supposed" to be VIN specific. That is, it is not transferable to another vehicle. Therefore, if your tuner shows "User" as an option for Up-Shifts and Down-Shifts, I recommend calling SC 1-888-227-2447 to let them know as this could be causing the problems you're seeing.

Also, if your tuner has the User option, I strongly recommend you change both Up-shifts and Down-shifts to either Stock or Superchips until this gets straightened out. Do the same for Torque Management.

Good luck and keep us posted on your findings.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:04 AM
stardogchampion

Originally Posted by JerzyJayRo

However, it feels like im towing 6000 lbs when in first gear from a stop or when slowing down to a light and lite accel from 20mph..

Did i do something wrong?
I have the same issue when slowing down. almost get to a stop and the engine speed jumps up about 300rpm.. its kind of annoying.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:04 PM
tuned93
Record Breaker

Quick question, prolly already answered but... Can I use my tuner to run check codes on any other vehicle with an obd2 port, or only on my truck?

Old 05-14-2011, 10:03 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by tuned93
Quick question, prolly already answered but... Can I use my tuner to run check codes on any other vehicle with an obd2 port, or only on my truck?
Yup, can read any vehicles' codes.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:47 PM
raylan48

question...i have a SC 3815... my stepson has a 2010 ram slt gas hemi ..can he use the 3815 to tune his truck? he has limited budget so i thought i'd give it to him save him a few bucks

Old 05-15-2011, 07:42 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by raylan48
question...i have a SC 3815... my stepson has a 2010 ram slt gas hemi ..can he use the 3815 to tune his truck? he has limited budget so i thought i'd give it to him save him a few bucks
No, sorry. The 3815 will not support the Gen IV trucks ('09+). He'll need a 3865 for that.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates