Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 04:06 PM
tamuccmike
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh my god, watch this analogy...A guy rapes me, and I say, "hey dude, it sucks that you raped me, but I have to admit, no other rapists are using lube these days...seriously, thank you so much for the lube, even though you kinda raped me. (The lube being the buyback portion, if you failed to understand this analogy.) AND, did you notice when I outright asked what the EXACT price of the buyback would be, I was told, "PM this other guy and he will tell you," it's because the price will be ridiculous and they don't really just want to be honest and say the price so everyone can see it now, because we're all going to be like, wow, that's kind of high. I have a major breakthrough idea...for us 3815 guys who are getting a 10" shaft in the rectum...Superchips needs to make an extra-long cord that directly connects to our computer so that we can connect it to our truck's ODB II port, and just upload this AWESOME new transmission software directly to our trucks. A direct download onto our computer would be splendid. You see what I'm saying...like allow us to just download the new stuff from our computer with an extra long cord directly to our trucks. Oh wait, I'm sure my computer doesn't have the capacity to hold the software.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:41 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Is $150 the set amount for the 3815 buyback?
No that's just the amount I threw out there that makes the most sense. Any higher would make the buy back pointless from the customers view...any lower and SC could lose out.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
No that's just the amount I threw out there that makes the most sense. Any higher would make the buy back pointless from the customers view...any lower and SC could lose out.
Your guess might have been dead on. The reason I asked about $150 is bc a member PM'd me and told me that is the number Scott gave him. I was just hoping someone from SC could confirm to eliminate the speculation about what the amount actually is.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:19 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by tamuccmike
Oh my god, watch this analogy...A guy rapes me, and I say, "hey dude, it sucks that you raped me, but I have to admit, no other rapists are using lube these days...seriously, thank you so much for the lube, even though you kinda raped me. (The lube being the buyback portion, if you failed to understand this analogy.)
Just a classic post. I don't know if that's a good thing for you. Thanks for the laugh my man. hehe

What I said earlier is so true, not everyone will be satisfied. The great thing is, you have this forum to vent.

Sil

Old 07-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Sil, can you confirm the amount being given through the buyback program? I am kind of confused as to why it isn't being posted or confirmed in the thread by someone at SC.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:57 PM
05RamMan
Captain

Sil, An idea to put forward to the SC guys. Allow us to customize the options on the online interface, Then upload just that tune to the SC and then connect the SC to the truck and directly upload the tune.

What I don't get is this, Doesn't the SC have roughly twice the memory as the ECU on the vehicles? If this is the case, it can't fit on the 3815 it can't fit on the truck.

Also Sil, If you haven't tried the competition, How could you possibly know SC will be so far ahead. So far everything I have seen points to it being about the same, maybe.

With that said, Rumors have pointed to DSP having poor quality control, But at least they have been willing to take chances and I have yet to see any atempts from them to hide anything. Including past issues they have caused.

Also I haven't seen anyone mad at SIL, or even close to lynching. I don't beleive anyone places any blame on him.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Bertens
Professional

It does suck that we were told to wait it out with the 3815 and find out now that what we have been waiting for is not compatible with it. Superchips clearly knew what the 3815 was capible of handling and the amount of memory this new tuning would require. This leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. But, I will hold my breath until I figure out what this buy back works out to be. Is the $150 what we would get for our 3815? Or is it the difference we'd pay for the new tuner?

Old 07-07-2009, 07:14 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Sil, can you confirm the amount being given through the buyback program? I am kind of confused as to why it isn't being posted or confirmed in the thread by someone at SC.
Jason,

Truthfully, I have no idea what the buy back amount will be. That piece is being handled by Scott. If it's $150, that's pretty fair. I believe their previous buy back on other tuners was $100. You could always try selling the 3815 on eBay or the for sale forums. That may get you a little more.

Sil

Old 07-07-2009, 07:19 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

And sell em soon because once word gets out then eBay will be flooded with low cost tuners.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:25 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by 05RamMan
Also Sil, If you haven't tried the competition, How could you possibly know SC will be so far ahead. So far everything I have seen points to it being about the same, maybe.
The competition doesn't have a full understanding of the Ram TCM over varying years. Superchips has TCM support that functions for 03-08 Rams. The competition does not. I know what the DSP offers now and comparing it to what I've seen Superchips will offer, well there's just no comparison. When it's released, you'll see what I mean. I agree with you, no one is mad at me.

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates