Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Jason D
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I messed around for the last half an hour or so and finaly got the tuner to update from the superchips siteafter the third attempt(the only thing I did diffrent was plug the tuner to the laptop before opening the Superchips easy update site).

But now that I have read back through the last few pages on here I dont think that I am even going to try and install the tow tune on my truck now. All I need is something wrong with the truck on a Saturday and not even have any technical help until sometime on Monday!

Old 04-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with you, I am waiting until Monday when customer service is around before I try plugging my tuner into my truck.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:27 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
It means, you can use the tuner. The only thing not working is "View Settings". "View Settings" has nothing to do with tuning the vehicle.

If you don't feel comfortable using the tuner now, wait for customer service on Monday.

Sil
you got me all wrong sil i havent updated in fear of not being able to veiw my settings and i will not update till your compony fixes the problems that others are having. now my fear is i bought a SC and cant ever update it in fear that it will never be the same.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:49 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
you got me all wrong sil i havent updated in fear of not being able to veiw my settings and i will not update till your compony fixes the problems that others are having. now my fear is i bought a SC and cant ever update it in fear that it will never be the same.
I've beta tested for Superchips for over 4 years now. During that time, I have had one minor issue that was firmware related. You should not fear updates because, Superchips knows what they're are doing. Even if you had an issue, they can address it. The 'View Settings' function is not working at the moment. 'View Settings' has nothing to do with the tuning aspect of the programmer. It's simply an option to view your current settings. If you feel uncomfortable without that setting, then by all means wait for CS on Monday. Let me assure you your SC product will be perfectly fine. As a matter of fact, the company who makes this product knows what they're are doing in regards to our trucks. There quality control is unreal.

Just an FYI. I do not work for Superchips. I help them on the forums and provide them with feedback, whether it's negative or positive. I believe in the product enough to help make it better for you and others.

Sil

Old 04-25-2009, 09:50 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

I'm surprised you even had anything to beta test within the last four years. Superchips tends to sit on things until forced otherwise...say from another company (since that line likes to be used so much). Don't even get me started on their tuner for the LSx/LS based engines.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:03 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
I'm surprised you even had anything to beta test within the last four years.
Don't be. They are constantly improving the tuning and tweaking the firmware. The great thing about that is, it makes for a more reliable and better quality product for the end user. It's not a product that fits everyones needs, but it's one that's very good and doesn't cause failures. Protecting the end user's $30,000 investment is important to Superchips.

Sil

Old 04-26-2009, 09:16 AM
donjohnk
Veteran

Hey Sil, ? 4 ya.... what do you notice different about the newer flashpaq...I see you got one now and I figured you had the older one.... So I just wanted to know what you notice between the two....

Also, I understand what SC is doing and I am glad to have them making sure there product is working with no bugs than throw it out there and I blow up my truck(TRANNY), That would make me quite unhappy....

Old 04-26-2009, 01:01 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by donjohnk
Hey Sil, ? 4 ya.... what do you notice different about the newer flashpaq...I see you got one now and I figured you had the older one.... So I just wanted to know what you notice between the two....

Also, I understand what SC is doing and I am glad to have them making sure there product is working with no bugs than throw it out there and I blow up my truck(TRANNY), That would make me quite unhappy....
My tranny is fine thanks...so is everyone else's running diablo on this site. Go figure..

Old 04-26-2009, 01:45 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
My tranny is fine thanks...so is everyone else's running diablo on this site.
He didn't mention Diablo?

Sil

Old 04-26-2009, 01:59 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by donjohnk
Ergonomically, it's a much smaller unit. It's small enough to place in a generic cellphone holder, so you can use the data log feature as an in-cabin display. Tuning is the same.

The Flashpaq features new electronics for faster programming performance and better reliability inside a sleek yet durable new case design for simple one-handed operation. The small size and dimmable backlit screen make the new Flashpaq a complementary in-cabin real-time vehicle sensor display that fits in most universal cell phone holders. The easier to use menus and upgraded buttons are in response to customers wanting an intuitive programmer allowing them to enjoy their newly installed tunes even faster. A USB 2.0 plug upgrade was added to the board for fast and easy plug-and-go internet updates. All of this and Flashpaq still boasts the number one engine and model coverage in the industry and works with most intake and exhaust kits right out of the box.

The all new Flashpaq product line consists of eight part numbers covering a broad range of cars, trucks and SUVs -- two part numbers for Ford applications, GM family applications, Chrysler/Dodge applications, and one each for Nissan/Infiniti and Jeep applications. All eight are available for purchase in retail stores and online wherever automotive performance products and accessories are sold.

Whether you need power, performance, drivability, or improved mileage, Flashpaq, Mileage XS, Cortex, and Tirepaq from Superchips can provide it. Superchips has the number one engine and mode coverage in the industry offering a complete line of hand-held programmers for most late-model cars, trucks, and SUVs.

This sales bulletin was published to our distributors like Summit and Auto Anything:

Superchips introduces its next-generation Flashpaq Programmers

Superchips proudly announces the all-new, next generation Flashpaq vehicle performance programmers. The new and improved Flashpaq programmers embody a smaller, sleeker new design and new electronics, which allow for faster performance, more efficient use and fewer part numbers covering more vehicle applications. The new design also features an improved dimmable backlit LCD screen for better readability, step-by-step menus and upgraded ‘five-button’ keypad for easier programming.

Features and Benefits:

* Fewer part numbers – eight parts delivering the most extensive application coverage in the industry
* Narrative step-by-step user interface including Quick Tuning for easier programming
* Faster internet updating times for more reliable updates
* Smaller programmer design fits in the palm of the hand and works well in-cabin
* Five button keypad for easier menu navigation and programming
* Smaller box sizes
* Nissan coverage
* Jeep coverage
* Includes 2009 MY and beyond coverage (‘three button’ Flashpaq covers 1999-2008MY)

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates