Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Rio94gt
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased a superchips 3865 a few weeks ago. I mainly wanted to use it for a mileage improvement. So far I have adjusted the tire size to 33" and raised the speed limiter to 140 mph. I have only used the mileage program so far. It has been good for about a 1.5mpg increase. I also changed the rev limiter to 6300 and the WOT shift points to 6050 for 1-2 and 6000 for 2-3. Is this too high? My unit has the advanced trans option installed as well. I have been reading on here about shift schedules and such. Seems there is alot you can do with this thing.

I have an 08 Hemi. If I run the 87 performance tune is it necessary to mess with the shift points and such or just leave em?

Thanks
Bill

Old 05-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Rio94gt
Professional

Also. I just updated my tuner. I am not seeing the 93 performance tune. My build date is 02-08.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:29 PM
Rio94gt
Professional

Originally Posted by MDSBigPaPa
When you select Shift Schedule, and then Up-Shifts (or Down-Shifts), do you see Superchips, User and Stock or just Superchips and Stock? Can you change any of the set points; for example, 1Up?

Yes it is possible that the previous owner purchased the Advanced Trans Upgrade however, that software is "supposed" to be VIN specific. That is, it is not transferable to another vehicle. Therefore, if your tuner shows "User" as an option for Up-Shifts and Down-Shifts, I recommend calling SC 1-888-227-2447 to let them know as this could be causing the problems you're seeing.

Also, if your tuner has the User option, I strongly recommend you change both Up-shifts and Down-shifts to either Stock or Superchips until this gets straightened out. Do the same for Torque Management.

Good luck and keep us posted on your findings.
Ok Im tryin to figure out what all of this shift schedule stuff is about. When I plug my tuner (SC 3865) into my PC it shows that the advanced trans upgrade has been purchased. However when I plug the tuner into my truck I am only seeing the options of superchips and stock. Do I have to create a user option? If so, how do I create one? How much better than stock will these "shift schedules" make my truck run?

Thanks
Bill

Old 05-15-2011, 10:46 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by Rio94gt
Ok Im tryin to figure out what all of this shift schedule stuff is about. When I plug my tuner (SC 3865) into my PC it shows that the advanced trans upgrade has been purchased. However when I plug the tuner into my truck I am only seeing the options of superchips and stock. Do I have to create a user option? If so, how do I create one? How much better than stock will these "shift schedules" make my truck run?

Thanks
Bill
Bill, are you looking at Advanced Tunes? Quick Tunes will not show the USER option.

You can set up your truck to shift as *you* want it to shift. No more lag in shifting and you can set your shift schedule such that down shifting into 2P is no longer harsh.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:49 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Also. I just updated my tuner. I am not seeing the 93 performance tune. My build date is 02-08.
I'm wondering if your '08 is considered an 07 1/2 build. I suggest you call Superchips Tech Support and ask them about it.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:01 PM
Rio94gt
Professional

Yes, I was in the advanced tunes. I bought my tuner used from someone. I think it may be the scenario where the advanced trans upgrade is VIN specific?

I will give superchips a call and see waht they say about the 08, 07 1/2 thing. I havent even used the 91 tune yet but if there is a decent difference with the 93 tune it would be nice to have

Also if my processor is considered an 07 would I use the 07 shift schedules if i got into tuning those?

Thanks for the quick reply,
Bill

Old 05-15-2011, 11:04 PM
Rio94gt
Professional

I just was looking to make the truck run as efficient as possible. One thing I noticed about the truck is that the shifting was horrible. The lag is very evident and it seems like the truck cant make up its mind alot of the time.

If one of the shift schedules from that site improved how the truck ran I would definetly be interested in switching to one of those.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:53 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

I just was looking to make the truck run as efficient as possible. One thing I noticed about the truck is that the shifting was horrible. The lag is very evident and it seems like the truck cant make up its mind alot of the time.

If one of the shift schedules from that site improved how the truck ran I would definetly be interested in switching to one of those.
A custom shift schedule will be a night and day difference in transmission performance. No lag. Just responsive shifts.

The 2008 Hemi doesn't have a 93 tune.

Sil

Old 05-16-2011, 11:26 AM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
A custom shift schedule will be a night and day difference in transmission performance. No lag. Just responsive shifts.

The 2008 Hemi doesn't have a 93 tune.

Sil

Thanks Sil, must be the 08 4.7L has the 93 Octane tune.???

Old 05-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Rio94gt
Professional

Sil,

So if i wanted to I could go with the 08 shift schedules on that mcfail website?

I have to figure out first if the advanced trans setting is vin locked to the previous owner. If i have to purchase it for myself thats no biggie.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates