Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Dead2Fall
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered a 3865 for under $300! cant wait for it to get here now!

Old 03-06-2012, 12:08 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by CanadianWR450
Hey, thanks for the reply. Is this advanced trans tuning above and beyond what's in a new flashpaq now? I have not been able to use my new tuner yet because the dealer flashed my truck to a brand new version SC had not seen yet, and they are doing up a new tune for me now. It's in the compile stage so should be soon .

I figure the standard tranny tuning included in the 91 performance tune, along with programming for the proper tire size (33" currently) should be a noticicable improvment though?

For my first tuning attempt, I plan on just sticking to the canned 91 perf. tune, and correcting tire size.
You're welcome.

The Flashpaq already has full TCM support and reduces TM in it's tuning, with a Superchips proprietary schedule included.

You'll feel a difference for sure.

What the advanced trans options give you is full control of every part throttle shift (1-4 up, 2-5 down, incl prime gears) and full torque management support. In essence, you can tune out all the dead spots in your shift schedule. Perfect example: When the truck lugs during TC lock up. You can set your downshifts to be more responsive. You can set it to upshift anywhere you like. This is much different than running a stock schedule or even the Superchips schedule. Keep in mind, SC made a proprietary schedule that fits a broader range of users.

While the SC schedule is a more aggressive schedule than stock, it's not even close to the user shift schedules you can set with the advanced trans options. The program costs $40 to upgrade and worth much, much more than that in my opinion.

I worked on this program for 3 years with Superchips. It's truly awesome. Hope that helps.

Sil

Old 03-07-2012, 09:14 AM
stormtroopin4.7

Originally Posted by Dead2Fall
Just ordered a 3865 for under $300! cant wait for it to get here now!
Where did u find that???

Old 03-10-2012, 03:42 PM
ledyard
Rookie

Well, I just ordered a Cortex 3950. Any suggestions guys???

2004 2500 Hemi, 35" rubber. Going in this week for change over to 4:56 gears.
I'll hit it with the cortex after the gears are done.

Im a total programmer noob so any input would be welcome.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:17 PM
itshemitime
Amateur

Quick question. Just ordered a new SC Cortex today. I plan on running the 91 perf tune for a while then most likely I will try out the new advanced trans tune. However will I have adverse effected running 93 octane with the 91 tune. And is 93 octane going to negatively effect my 08 5.7l Hemi? All we have around here is 93 octane.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:30 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by itshemitime
Quick question. Just ordered a new SC Cortex today. I plan on running the 91 perf tune for a while then most likely I will try out the new advanced trans tune. However will I have adverse effected running 93 octane with the 91 tune. And is 93 octane going to negatively effect my 08 5.7l Hemi? All we have around here is 93 octane.
No adverse effects. The only time that would happen is running a lower octane than recommended.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:40 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by ledyard
Well, I just ordered a Cortex 3950. Any suggestions guys???

2004 2500 Hemi, 35" rubber. Going in this week for change over to 4:56 gears.
I'll hit it with the cortex after the gears are done.

Im a total programmer noob so any input would be welcome.
If you have aftermarket tires, advance tune your truck (pick the tuning level you want to run) and set the tire size under the options screen.

For the purpose of setting your tire size in the Flashpaq or Cortex, this is how to calculate the value you will input into the programmer.

A. Measuring my tire in order to adjust the “Tire Size” setting.

Solution: Measure your “Tire Size” vertically, and place a ruler or a flat, level item on the top of your tire in order to measure accurately. Measure your vehicle’s Tire in inches and round up to the nearest quarter of an inch.

Note: “Tire Size” includes tire and rim. Please ensure tire is inflated to manufacturer recommended pressure.

Hope this helps.

Sil

Old 03-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Dead2Fall
Captain

I have a 3865 on my 2004 5.7L. The flashpaq told me that data acquisition wasn't available? Also, where is the setting to let it know I have a CAI?

Old 03-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

Originally Posted by Dead2Fall
I have a 3865 on my 2004 5.7L. The flashpaq told me that data acquisition wasn't available? Also, where is the setting to let it know I have a CAI?
I know the truck has to be running for me to get into that menu.

AFAIK, there is no CAI option on these programmers.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Dead2Fall
Captain

Yeah it tells me vehicle not compatible or something when i try to use datalogging something about "no CAN"

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates