Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The LINQ can be removed after tuning and stored of you want. We only mention to leave it plugged in because we offer several data acquisition features requiring constant communication from your vehicles computer while in use.

As far as the splitter, I can't offer you any info on that as we did not test any. I would say that the safer answer would be to not use a splitter when tuning your vehicle.

Scott

Originally Posted by pitbull24
Looking for SC Vivid clarification:

A Bluetooth device/adapter is required to be plugged into the OBD II port at all times, correct?

Are OBD II port splitters able to be used for two devices operating simultaneously? i.e. AI gauge & Vivid

Old 03-01-2012, 10:08 PM
pitbull24
Veteran

Thanks Scott. I would agree with programming note. My hopes were to use the Vivid for data/gauges w/out having to unplug my AI gauge.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

For data purposes, the splitter should work provided the OBD port can provide enough voltage to both devices.

Scott

Old 03-04-2012, 05:25 AM
Folkmantis
Rookie

So is there ever going to be any shift timings or any transmission options available for 2002 dodge ram 1500 4.7L? I feel robbed.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:35 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by CanadianWR450
What everyone running for a tune to get the best low end grunt out of these 2500's and the hemi with the superchips? The 91 perf.?
Looking for torque between idle and 1,500 ish and of course...fuel savings would be nice! The crappy stock tranny tuning could also be part of the "unimpressive" off idle grunt to these trucks too.....
The best thing you could do to compensate for the bigger tires is, upgrade to the advanced trans tuning. MDSBigPapa (Mark) has a 2500 and the advanced trans tuning works great for him.

Also, that lugging you're feeling is is the TC locking up. Normal for the stock tuning. The lock up is effectively tuned out using an advanced trans tuning shift schedule.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:08 PM
SpiceeMeetball
Amateur
Default programmer not working

Does anyone know if the state inspection station plugs into the comm port of the vehicle and alters the program? I am asking because my programmer is not taking an update. I am trying to tune my truck back to stock and it keeps telling me that vehicle calibration is not on file, update online. I dont want to take it to get inspected with a tune programmed because i am not sure if that will affect me passing and i dont know if they will plug in and send an update and brick it.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:30 PM
NSASarge
Amateur

Originally Posted by SpiceeMeetball
Does anyone know if the state inspection station plugs into the comm port of the vehicle and alters the program? I am asking because my programmer is not taking an update. I am trying to tune my truck back to stock and it keeps telling me that vehicle calibration is not on file, update online. I dont want to take it to get inspected with a tune programmed because i am not sure if that will affect me passing and i dont know if they will plug in and send an update and brick it.
If your state has emissions testing then YES. They will plug into the OBD port to verify the VIN and other items concerning the emissions package on your vehicle. At least they do here in N.C where emissions are checked. It depends on the county you have your vehicle registered in. My county does not check emissions.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:53 PM
SpiceeMeetball
Amateur

Originally Posted by NSASarge
If your state has emissions testing then YES. They will plug into the OBD port to verify the VIN and other items concerning the emissions package on your vehicle. At least they do here in N.C where emissions are checked. It depends on the county you have your vehicle registered in. My county does not check emissions.

So when they plug into the OBD, do they upload anything that will interfere with my tune? Should I return it to stock before I take it?

Old 03-05-2012, 10:16 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by SpiceeMeetball
So when they plug into the OBD, do they upload anything that will interfere with my tune? Should I return it to stock before I take it?
No, they do not alter a thing in your PCM.

We have this type of emission inspection in GA. My truck has been tuned the last few years and during state inspection as well. Passed just fine. You don't have to return it to stock, since SC tuning complies with EPA and CARB standards.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:33 AM
CanadianWR450
Amateur

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
The best thing you could do to compensate for the bigger tires is, upgrade to the advanced trans tuning. MDSBigPapa (Mark) has a 2500 and the advanced trans tuning works great for him.

Also, that lugging you're feeling is is the TC locking up. Normal for the stock tuning. The lock up is effectively tuned out using an advanced trans tuning shift schedule.
Hey, thanks for the reply. Is this advanced trans tuning above and beyond what's in a new flashpaq now? I have not been able to use my new tuner yet because the dealer flashed my truck to a brand new version SC had not seen yet, and they are doing up a new tune for me now. It's in the compile stage so should be soon .

I figure the standard tranny tuning included in the 91 performance tune, along with programming for the proper tire size (33" currently) should be a noticicable improvment though?

For my first tuning attempt, I plan on just sticking to the canned 91 perf. tune, and correcting tire size.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates