Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 09:08 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bjv311
I've been lurking the forums for a while but rarely post. I was going to see if anyone else had this issue with superchips.

When i have it WOT and it shifts from 2nd-3rd it then downshifts again and then goes up. I'm trying to figure out what is going on and how to fix it.
i have 1st-2nd WOT shift set at 5450 and 2nd-3rd @ 5450. This is on the performance 91 tune with rev limiter @ 6200, and Torque management @ 8%. Also have it set to let superchips do the up/dn shifting. Any tips on what to do would be much appreciated. I have a video link if anyone is interested.
Thanks
I set my WOT 1-2 to 5850 and WOT 2-3 to 5800.

Try adjusting your WOT values upwards until it goes away. What you may be running up against is the upper TP% range on 2Dn is a higher MPH than your WOT setting: For example, 2Dn 59.6% is 87MPH but the MPH reached at 5450 is only 81-82MPH (by your video) so it down shifts because because it's lower than the 87MPH setting at 59.6%.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:49 PM
bjv311
Talking

Originally Posted by MDSBigPaPa
I set my WOT 1-2 to 5850 and WOT 2-3 to 5800.

Try adjusting your WOT values upwards until it goes away. What you may be running up against is the upper TP% range on 2Dn is a higher MPH than your WOT setting: For example, 2Dn 59.6% is 87MPH but the MPH reached at 5450 is only 81-82MPH (by your video) so it down shifts because because it's lower than the 87MPH setting at 59.6%.
now that i think about it, that makes perfect sense. I will adjust those settings to what you posted and leave the up/dn shift setting from superchips. Thanks!

After that gets worked out, I will try messing with the TP%/mph and doing my own custom settings (altered from matt/eric shift schedule). Does anyone have their own there willing to post just to compare. I just got the flashpaq on saturday, and after buying the trans upgrade. I think i have found a 2nd wife =/

Old 12-31-2010, 11:38 PM
AZZO540
Veteran

the trans tune is good.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:59 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by bjv311
now that i think about it, that makes perfect sense. I will adjust those settings to what you posted and leave the up/dn shift setting from superchips. Thanks!

After that gets worked out, I will try messing with the TP%/mph and doing my own custom settings (altered from matt/eric shift schedule). Does anyone have their own there willing to post just to compare. I just got the flashpaq on saturday, and after buying the trans upgrade. I think i have found a 2nd wife =/
You're Welcome! Let us know how you make out. Check other schedules on www.mcfail.net/superchips you'll find a lot of possibilities. Be sure to build(use an existing schedule) Excel spreadsheet and modify it for your use.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Dude2006
Default "Chip" for a 2006 2500

Hey people;

Just wanted some info in regards to these aftermarket chips. I just installed a GForce chip with the two wire plug and go. Says that it takes about 100 miles for my truck to "learn" the chip. Ran the truck for about ten minutes and my check engine light came on. Is this normal? Or should I unplug the chip and chunk it?

Thanks;
Chris

Old 01-01-2011, 06:12 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude2006
Hey people;

Just wanted some info in regards to these aftermarket chips. I just installed a GForce chip with the two wire plug and go. Says that it takes about 100 miles for my truck to "learn" the chip. Ran the truck for about ten minutes and my check engine light came on. Is this normal? Or should I unplug the chip and chunk it?

Thanks;
Chris
Yank it out, it's a scam. Do a Google search or you can start here:

http://www.performancechips.com/g-fo...ip-reviews.php

You'll honestly gain more power from just a cooler thermostat.

I thought I read where they got shut down or ebay refused to let them sell through there a while ago. I see they still have a website though...

Old 01-07-2011, 08:47 PM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran

I know before they updated the Superchips website and got rid of it, you were able to go to flashpaq.com, pick your programmer and look up all the database and software updates, and what each update fixed/added. I tried looking for it, but I couldn’t find it anywhere on Superchips website of the Superchips forum. Does anyone know if they still have the list somewhere, or did Superchips stop releasing update information?

Old 01-08-2011, 02:28 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by 06 Ram5.7
I know before they updated the Superchips website and got rid of it, you were able to go to flashpaq.com, pick your programmer and look up all the database and software updates, and what each update fixed/added. I tried looking for it, but I couldn’t find it anywhere on Superchips website of the Superchips forum. Does anyone know if they still have the list somewhere, or did Superchips stop releasing update information?
They quit when they moved to their new servers. A lot of folks have asked for its return and, they say it's coming back but, "when" is the operative word.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:32 PM
BLACKRAM2u
Rookie
Default usb port time out

Hey guys once again with some questions here. I just got yesterday my 3865 sc and installed the 93 tune. And then i wanted to adjust the shift,torque etc. and it said select user but i couldn't. so i went to my pc and tryed to upgrade or try to get it to user and started analyzing programer and then sc said usb port time out. and doesn't do nothing else for hours.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:31 AM
pitbull24
Veteran

BLACKRAM2u,

You have to purchase($40) the Trans Tuning package, and download it to your 3865. When you get a "time out" error it's time to start over. I've had similar issues when updating my 3865; not sure if it's SC server/website, or my internet service. No need to wait for hours; if you get the time out error unplug and try to connect again.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates