Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 02:23 PM
taker24
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattg1500
I plugged my tuner into my comp and it had to update, during the update it said analyzing data then on the tuner itself it said usb timed out and now the tuner doesnt work DAQ says maybe corrupt and when i plug tuner into comp the update screen on comp says "The 0 programmer is temporarily disabled"
Originally Posted by Jason D
Well **** I got the same crap as you! "the 0 programmer is temporarily disabled"
The same thing happened to my tuner "The 0 programmer is temporarily disabled" I am really screwed at this moment.

Originally Posted by Jason D
Well I messed around for the last half an hour or so and finaly got the tuner to update from the superchips siteafter the third attempt(the only thing I did diffrent was plug the tuner to the laptop before opening the Superchips easy update site).
I will wait until Monday morning to try this, just in case anything else happens. I think I will but SC on speed dial.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:01 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
He didn't mention Diablo?

Sil
We all know what he's referring to

Old 04-26-2009, 06:10 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
We all know what he's referring to
I took as he was appreciative Superchips values their customers investment. The Ram PCM/TCM combination is nothing to be taken lightly. Superchips knows what they are doing with it and have applied that knowledge to various years. That type of consistency is something that's valued by the consumer. My truck is driven daily, so it's important that it doesn't fail me. I believe that's what he was saying.

Sil

Old 04-26-2009, 07:05 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

were are the superchips guys???? i want to hear from them not a SC thumper " no offense sil"

Old 04-26-2009, 07:15 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
were are the superchips guys???? i want to hear from them not a SC thumper " no offense sil"
None taken. I never have time to entertain comments like this one on the forums. If I did, we wouldn't be at this point in the additional options process.

The Superchips folks don't work weekends. They'll most probably stop by tomorrow. I'll be chatting with the programmer tomorrow. I'll post up information as I receive it.

Sil

Old 04-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope they do get a chance to come on so they can explain what is going on with the new database and why some guys are having problems.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:24 PM
donjohnk
Veteran

Sever I wasnt trying to point fingers.... I know it comes to eveyones mind when its worded like that. I am glad fellow DF members are not having the Tranny issue like we hear all about... I am just saying I am glad to see SC is taking the correct steps to give us a great product... Im not knocking diablo... Its kinda funny we all are dodge freaks in here but when it comes to tuners its almost like everyone is acting like the pro-ford, pro-chevy, pro-dodge battels.. I dont now squat when it comes to how your tuners work and havent read up on them either... All I know is I like what I got and glad to have it and works great for me... I would love to test out the diablo on my truck to make a comparison.. It was a crap-shoot when I decided and got chose SC... who knows maybe in a year Ill switch or something I read about comes out and is better.. BOTTOM LINE is they all work, thats great... Hope it stays that way...

Old 04-26-2009, 09:42 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

hmmm, looks like someone screwed up a bit of code at SC.
if there was a problem with any other part/mod that we bought for our trucks that didn't even impact the useability, we'd say 'hmm, well, hope they fix it in a month or two'. seems like we're just beating these guys up more because they have made themselves too accessible.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Have any of you having the issue with internet update had the chance to contact customer service yet? If not please do so as soon as possible so that your issue cn be addressed.

Feel free to PM me your tuner SN's and some contact info so that I can forward this to engineering and help get the issue taken care of promptly.

Thanks,

Scott

Old 04-27-2009, 12:06 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
Have any of you having the issue with internet update had the chance to contact customer service yet? If not please do so as soon as possible so that your issue cn be addressed.

Feel free to PM me your tuner SN's and some contact info so that I can forward this to engineering and help get the issue taken care of promptly.

Thanks,

Scott

seems everyone was waiting to hear from you guys on the forum first. Now that they know that customer service is the right avenue, I'm sure they'll be making the call.

I must admit, the 'failure rate' associated with this last update bugs me a little. is there an identified issue that is causing this?

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates