Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
yours is updated you should do it take one for the team lol
No chance, I am not being the test subject

Old 05-08-2009, 01:29 PM
hatguy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason D
So it all comes down to which is more important. Getting a few aditional options for a very small percentage of the customer base that have ALREADY spent their hard earned cash. Or do they spend time developing and fixing technoligy for the new vehicles that people have yet to purchase a tuner for? Seems like a no brainer if you were in their shoes as a company trying to keep afloat.

Just my .02
I can understand this perspective. On the other hand SC can support all the new vehicles in the world, but it's not going to help them one bit if the existing customer base is not happy. In niche markets like this word-of-mouth is what makes or breaks companies.

If I worked at SC I'd consider selling an upgrade to the hard core customers. After all, they're adding new features here, not just maintaining what they've already produced (sorry, being a software developer my perspective may be different than most). But at least the $$ gained from the upgrade might offset some of the costs of the new features. The long term goal, of course, being better word-of-mouth and more people buying SCs.

Well, that my two cents

Old 05-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I would be fine with paying a fee to upgrade to custom tuning.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:56 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I would be fine with paying a fee to upgrade to custom tuning.
Don't get me started on SC and custom tuning!!!!!!

I've covered that issue before...

Old 05-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Ramdamit98
Captain

Updated yesterday (firmware 1.35 & database 272) and all programmed the truk o peromance and the towingfor the hell of it. The tunes seem to work fine on my truck. The only issue is if you go back to view settings it reads stock but it is programmed to whatever you programmed. You can still view settings you've picked before actually tuning, it's just if you finish disconnect and then try to view your current settings.

I'm actually updating again right now to see if the new firmware is out to hopefully take care of the view setting issues.

Once done and I get a chance to play with it I'll report back, but the Washington vs Pittsburg game just started so maybe during an intermission.

EDIT: Alright no new firmware out yet just a new database (#273) so going back to view settings still reads "stock" eventhough it's been programmed and that being said it did program just fine for me.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:45 PM
WeightLifter500
Veteran

So today I was playing with my 3815 and I noticed something that confused me. When I looked at my set power level it showed it as stock. Weird considering I set it and 91 performance the other day when I tuned it. What confused me is that I know that I put the 91 tune in, but it still showed stock. All my modified shift points and the tire size were there, but the power level still showed stock. So today I plugged the tuner back in and re-tuned it. It showed 91 performance tune and then I selected program vehicle. It loaded the files and said it was in there, but when I checked it still showed stock. Has anyone else had this problem and should I contact SC about it? I can feel more pep in the top range rpm's and I can definately feel the very firm shifts. The speedo is set properly now and my shift points are dead on what I set them at. I am getting better mileage, but I want to make sure that i am actually getting the power benefits of the tuner. That and the trans is the most important.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:59 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

^ that problem is being addressed. you still have the tune but it just reads stock. should be fixed by next week

Old 05-08-2009, 11:00 PM
WeightLifter500
Veteran

I just finished reading the rest of those pages and found the answer to my question. Just inform us 4.7 guys when the performance tune showing stock is fixed.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:58 AM
urbanbilly21
Question Used 3815

I have a bid on a 3815 for my 2008 ram hemi, but it only says it comes with the tuner and cable no software, is this going to be an issue for me to use it? How/where do you get passwords for superchips site?

Old 05-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Ramdamit98
Captain

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates