Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:22 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no we have that too. we are waiting for partial throttle shift points and torque management to come out.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Jason D
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does torque managment work? Is that something like traction control?

Old 05-07-2009, 05:19 PM
doneking
Amateur

I've read this whole sticky (Whew!). It looks like most of ya'll have the SC 3815 model. Does anyone here have the newer 3865 model?

I'm in the decision mode to purchase the new SC 3865 model for my 2004 1500 Ram, 4.7L 2wd.

Should I wait.... or is this model good to go?

Thanks

DK

Old 05-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Superchips Tom
Former Vendor
Default Status Update from Superchips

Hello to our Hemi Flashpaq customers. I have been on the road for business and on vacation for the past few weeks so I haven’t had time to post the status of the Superchips Dodge projects. We are trying to address your concerns and bring new innovations to your Flashpaq as quickly as possible. I know you’re eagerly awaiting the options we have been discussing for months. [I know it has been months!] I also realize there are some field issues that a few of you are encountering and we’re working diligently to address those programming issues. Below is a snapshot of the open items:

View Settings Bug

“It was done I went back into view settings and under power level it read stock, even though I just tuned it to 91 octane I tried returning back to stock then tried the tow tune but it still read stock.”

“Yeah I went to program vehicle and went thru all motions with key on/off until it finished then turned off ignition and unplugged tuner, that’s when i went back in to check and it said stock.”

“Sounds like you are having the same thing that other guys are having where it reads stock even though it is programmed. I updated my tuner but never uploaded it onto my truck because of this exact problem.”

The firmware to fix the “View Settings” is in the queue to be released this week - R&D is conducting the QC audit this morning. Depending on the quality control validation it might get released today. We have a few other fixes and improvements that are also pending, but they may not make it in this week’s release. Improvements/fixes pending include: update firmware for Jeeps TJ models with mechanical speedos, resolve anti-theft system issues due to other performance tuning competitors bugs, and improve OBD-II pin push-out logic to prevent programming if pins are missing in the vehicle connector.

G-6F Error

“I just have a G-6F error after I tried to download the latest update (about 6 times) and I can't get a response from Superchips at all - can anyone here help me out?”

This is an internet update issue. The tuner is missing a database and the Flashpaq firmware prevents the tuner from programming with a missing or corrupt database. Most of the time this issue is resolved by updating the tuner again after unplugging it from the USB cable. In the meantime, we created a patch that is deploying by COB tomorrow that should resolve some of the remaining errors. If after an internet update session that finishes without interruption, you still have an error, please call customer service for assistance or PM Superchips Scott and he will investigate the matter.

Hemi Options

“Alright guys, where are the updates? I’ve been patient and haven’t said anything but now it’s getting old. I bought the sc because of the good customer service I saw and I didn’t plan on doing any internal mods anytime soon. but now I’m considering a Diablo. they seem to have the tranny situation figured out. Is there a date for these updates?? I’m willing to wait if I knew an exact timeline. Thanks.”

As for the options, we are working on them as hard as possible, but field and production workload have taken precedent over continuous improvement initiatives. It’s like triage – we tackle the severe matters and then use the remaining available R&D time for the carryover product innovations. For the past several weeks we have deferred any new development on the Hemi options due to the items mentioned above coupled with the Jeep launch, 4.7L WOT shifting, and Dodge Cummins factory TSBs.

I don’t have an ETA because the workload and timing vary each week. I realize this is not the answer you wanted to hear, but I have made every effort to be honest and upfront with you guys. We’re working on options but they are taking longer than expected to develop and validate.

Our approach to Hemi options probably varies from other competitors because we are developing a suite of internal tools and processes to allow this technology to waterfall into our other product lines for numerous vehicles and OEMs. We aren’t just developing a feature and/or option set for one make/model/year/engine/trans combination – we are creating the capability to manage those options across our entire portfolio of products. This means product development discipline and reliability, but it comes at the expense of speed – no shortcuts.

4.7L WOT Shift Points

“They worked on it for a little while before the Jeep release with no fixes and now nothing. I haven’t heard any new 4.7 news in weeks (but after waiting for 7 months who’s counting?)”

Most of the field issues have been resolved since we began addressing 4.7L WOT concerns. A few of the vehicles have rare stock calibrations requiring Superchips to physically locate a similar test vehicle for root cause analysis. Once we have a comparable vehicle on site, we will resolve this one too. Oddly enough, we’re in direct communication with many of these 4.7L customers and are working hard on solutions yet the perception in this forum is that we are doing very little. In fact, we have been sending one-shots / calibrations regularly to our beta testers for months -- we are working with 4.7L customers too.

As you probably know I do monitor this forum for better or worse. Scott and I rely on you to keep us informed about your needs and concerns. I will keep you up to date as new information becomes available.

Regards,

Tom Bennett
Division President
Superchips, Inc.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:11 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

so in a nut shell waite some more. hell im just wanting my money back you got my SC returned wen morning at 10 am . and you cut checks every friday so sometime next week i should see my check. we will see if it comes in and we will see if the customer service is any good in the return process .

Old 05-07-2009, 07:22 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

yea waiting with no end in sight

Old 05-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Jason D
Veteran

Hey at least he is being honest and not just leading everyone on with false promises.

And in all reality most of the people buying these tuners are buying them more for the options that are already functioning on the tuners right now(tire sizing,fuel mileage settings,87 octane,tow,mds shutoff,ect.). Most of theier customers will never even change shift points,rpm limiters, and all the other performance options.

So it all comes down to which is more important. Getting a few aditional options for a very small percentage of the customer base that have ALREADY spent their hard earned cash. Or do they spend time developing and fixing technoligy for the new vehicles that people have yet to purchase a tuner for? Seems like a no brainer if you were in their shoes as a company trying to keep afloat.

Just my .02

Old 05-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Jason D
Veteran

P.S. I will have no issue jumping ship to another brand of tuner if someone comes up with something better though!

Old 05-07-2009, 11:00 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

yea diablo they seem to have no probably updating theirs. it doesnt take 5 months...

Old 05-07-2009, 11:19 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Superchips has never been known for their user options guys...for any make/model. I've said this before but look at their options for the LS1 f-body for example....there aren't any options and that's why I have never seen one LS guy running a SC (that's not running hptuners). Their canned tunes are decent, they serve a wider range of makes/models than others and their marketing tends to snag up the guys that are modding noobs. In my opinion that's why they've done good in the past business wise.

I'm glad they finally realize this and are trying to give more options across the board...not just to the ram trucks.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates