Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 10:14 AM
jembrey73
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
2008 4.7 is completely different than the 07 and down 4.7...
Yeah, I know the engine is different in the 08, but according to the Superchips website, the 08 4.7l is supported too. I'm crossing my fingers that it will only take a few days for them to build a file for me.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:27 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its going to take more than a few days. i believe someone else on here had the same problem but on a 08 hemi and it took a couple weeks. read back a few pages

Old 05-13-2009, 10:52 AM
jembrey73

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
its going to take more than a few days. i believe someone else on here had the same problem but on a 08 hemi and it took a couple weeks. read back a few pages
Wow. Kick a man while he's down. LOL. I feel like a kid that didn't get the one thing he really wanted for Christmas.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Jason D
Veteran

It was me and I got a fast response through the site here from the 2 superchips guys. The service I got from calling their customer support left a little to be desired. I didnt even get a call back from the actual customer service for three weeks.

But I think it was superchips_tom or scott that I PM'd my info to and he got me all squared away in like 5 days.

EDIT: It was Scott@Superchips from the forum here. I would shoot him a PM with you vin number and the serial number from your tuner.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:58 AM
jembrey73

Originally Posted by Jason D
It was me and I got a fast response throught the site here from the 2 superchips guys. The service I got from calling there customer support left a little to be desired. I didnt even get a call back from the actual customer service for three weeks.

But I think it was superchips_tom or scott that I PM'd my info to and he got me all squared away in like 5 days.
Thanks, I will do that right now.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:05 PM
1LowRam
Professional
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Alpheus
Ya if you cant read don't buy one. Quit being so lazy and take some pride in your truck and read a little bit, or in your case hire someone to read it to you...
Screw that. I'd rather ask.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Alpheus
Banned

Originally Posted by 1LowRam
You go ahead and do that. That is a great attitude to have, and I am sure it will get you very far ahead in life.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Jason D
Veteran

Originally Posted by 1LowRam
I know exactly where you are coming from I am new here too and every time I seem to ask a question its allways do a search or read 40+ pages to find your answer.

THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS SIGHT IS ****ED!!!

Either get over youirselves and answer the question or dont put in you usless "search" or even more ignoant "read all 40+ pages"

EDIT: LOOK I JUST BROKE 100 POST Im PROFESIONAL NOW!!!!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 12:31 AM
Jason D
Veteran

Is this forum for asking questions and getting answers or not?

Because if not I wil surely find a better place to ask my questions!

Old 05-14-2009, 12:36 AM
Jason D
Veteran

Originally Posted by jembrey73
Well isn't that a kick in the damn *****!! I got my Flashpaq yesterday and went out to program today and get the message saying that my vehicle calibration is not on file and I need to update. I went to SuperChips' website to update and get "The calibration for your vehicle is not currently supported. Information about your vehicle has been sent to our engineers for analysis and you will be notified via e-mail when a calibration is available for your vehicle.- You may unplug your Programmer." It is a 2008 1500 SLT with the 4.7l which is supposed to be supported. Only difference is I have a manual transmission. Tom - Is this truck not supported? I thought I saw earlier in the thread that you said it should only take a few days for them to build a file for a truck that they don't currently have on file. Is that still the case? I don't want to keep the programmer if it will never work on my truck.

I had the exact same thought and was not going to wait. But I have to say they were very fast about getting my tune dialed in. i would just keep on the Superchips guys that are on this forum and that willl be your best and fastest route. Dont wait on the 3 week customer service route.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates