Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 01:45 AM
Alpheus
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Radio Edit. Wrong place for a rant. I counted to 10 and righted my wrongs...

Old 05-14-2009, 02:10 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ you know you can still do research and still want the opinion of others. thats what the forum is for. not for your sarcastic remarks all the time. we are not in jr. high..

Old 05-14-2009, 02:17 AM
Alpheus
Banned

He wasnt asking an opinion. He specifically stated HE DIDNT WANT TO READ!!! What kind of research is that??? Ill tell what kind it is; The LAZY kind...

Old 05-14-2009, 02:18 AM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

You know Alpheus. I know there are members on this board that are getting pretty tires of guys answering questions like the way you did. Some of these newbs just want an answer to their specific situation. Maybe, just maybe these guys dont know about the FAQ's or search option yet. I think being a dick, and come off like you do, isnt the right way to answer a question.

Im not trying to make any enemies, but maybe you can tone it down a little bit for the new guys. If I ask a stupid question, feel free to roast me. I dont care, leave the newbs alone...

Old 05-14-2009, 02:21 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alpheus
He wasnt asking an opinion. He specifically stated HE DIDNT WANT TO READ!!! What kind of research is that??? Ill tell what kind it is; The LAZY kind...
Then dont respond!!!! you dont have to be the forum search function police. you havent even been here that long...

Old 05-14-2009, 05:10 AM
1LowRam
Professional

Originally Posted by Alpheus
The thing is, I was actually looking for a response from the SC guy. Not you. Instead of send him a PM, I figured Id post it up. In case, in the future if someone else that had the same question could find the answer if he decided to read 49 pages. So, go find some other place to troll. kthanxbye

Old 05-14-2009, 09:36 AM
jembrey73

Originally Posted by Jason D
I had the exact same thought and was not going to wait. But I have to say they were very fast about getting my tune dialed in. i would just keep on the Superchips guys that are on this forum and that willl be your best and fastest route. Dont wait on the 3 week customer service route.
Thanks Jason. I got a pretty quick response from Tom@Superchips. I also PMd Scott since Tom is out on the road traveling currently, but still took time to answer my PM. Tom told me that it should not take weeks, it should take days. That was good to hear. He also took the time to explain the procedure and explain why they won't have a calibration file for specific configurations until they come across it for the first time. He was super helpful. It's cool of them to be on the forum and be so helpful even when they get to be the ones to battle the **** storm when things do go wrong. I'm just patiently (sort of) waiting.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
jembrey73
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by RagingSamster
I'm thinking that it might be listed there, but from the front page the truck's engine is not listed in the drop down menu, (5.7l is the only option)

So before plunking down $300.00 + I really want to be sure that tuning for my particular vehicle are included.
Raging, looks like we are out of luck. For a few months at least. I have to return my Flashpaq now. I got a message from Tom saying that currently the 2008 4.7l is not supported and is behind a few other projects. It will be months before it is supported. That sucks. They should take it off the web site then. Even though the the 08 4.7l is not in the drop down menu, it is on the description page. It is also on the description page on Moe's where I bought mine, but I think they pulled that from SuperChips' page. (sigh)

Old 05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
blacklogic
Default gas saver

Scott I wanted to know what are the best opitons to put on my Dodge ram 1500 5.7 Hemi with CAI and throttle body spacer with duals? I put the mileage xs tune on it with the MDS still enable. Should I disable it? Where should I place my rev limiter and speed limiter? I only have 20inch rims so no change thier I just need to know what opitions should I use to receive the best fuel economy. Thank you

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
Yes, we still have plans at some point to release a 93 octane file to the Hemi owners as requested.

I am not sure how much overall power increase you will see over the 91 perf file thought.

Scott

Old 05-14-2009, 10:29 AM
RagingSamster
Amateur

Originally Posted by jembrey73
Raging, looks like we are out of luck. For a few months at least. I have to return my Flashpaq now. I got a message from Tom saying that currently the 2008 4.7l is not supported and is behind a few other projects. It will be months before it is supported. That sucks. They should take it off the web site then. Even though the the 08 4.7l is not in the drop down menu, it is on the description page. It is also on the description page on Moe's where I bought mine, but I think they pulled that from SuperChips' page. (sigh)
That does suck, but at least they acknowledged that it is somewhere on the horizon. I will start saving my pennies now - either that or get some ride-right bags installed for hauling horsees.

I'm looking forward to purchasing the product though, so Superchips will at least have two sales when they do tune for the 08 RAM 4.7

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates